PDA

View Full Version : class 1 medical :(

ules
28th Dec 2007, 08:25
i just got a letter
from casa. saying
my ecg has been read by casa cardiologist . there is an abnomality a right bundle branch block.. i need to see a cardiologist to rule out any undelying cardia disease :uhoh:. wow im really in shock dont know wat to do now. im curently doing my cpl.
im 22 yrs old and i weight 90kg, 1.8 tall i think.

any one know anything about this would appreciate some input. im stressing out over this. hope i dont have heart disease or something . :uhoh:

constel
28th Dec 2007, 08:36
no rush before seeing the cardiologist, it could be nothing... I had a problem like this (high blood pressure), the diagnosis was a syndrome of the "white jacket"....

ules
28th Dec 2007, 08:56
:confused: hmm .. i really hope there nothing wrong with me . my dreams will be shatered.
altough when i got the ecg done. i had a blood pressure and it was way high. mainly because when i went in for class 1 was straight after flying school, the night before i had 2 huors sleep. and i had 3red bulls that day was really tired and was holding in my bladder for the urine test,
but after i went and pee'd my blood pressure droped to passable.
so could this affect my ecg ??
my blood test was fine as far as i kow, i had a fasting done . and my colesterol etc was fine, withing normal range. eye test was perfect noting wrong,
im in such a shock to receive this letter, i wanna get it looked at immediately :(

Rule5
5th Jan 2008, 11:22
Hey there.
Listen, not to worry!
I'm 20. A couple of months later i was ready to go solo but couldn't until I'd nipped down to the docs to get my class2.
There was a huge delay on my medical issue as the ECG results came back saying i was clinically dead. Apparrently it's to do with the parameters to which the testing machine is set. It runs on a couple of very uniform lanes and if there's any sort of variable beat detected it goes mental. Anyway,long story short, i had to go for some extensive testing, which summarised in me being diagnosed as having Right Bundle Branch Block (RBBB). Sounds horrific but is merely a slight differ in the way your heart beats. With the extensive testing results logged on my CAA Medical History it will apparently save faffing around and money when it comes to getting my class1 in the next couple of weeks, as they will be able to dismiss the death signs the ECG machine will probably be chucking out.

Hope all goes well

rsuggitt
7th Jan 2008, 13:09
Welcome to the land of RBBBs. I also have one, detected at my first ECG for my class 2 at age 40.
An RBBB can is caused by some sort of 'miswiring' in the nerves in the heart that transmit the signal to beat. [please excuse a laymans understanding and language]. It can be caused by an underlying heart disease, but much more frequently it is harmless and benign. Quite often there are no associated symptoms which is why only the ECG detects it. I had to do a set of 24-hour egc, echocardiogram, and exercise ECG to prove that mine was indeed harmless; I assume that you'll need to go through the same. Note though that this condition does not 'go away' and is not caused by 'white-coat-itis'.
Good luck.

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
7th Jan 2008, 13:52
ules.... Don't panic. I worked with several ATCOs at Heathrow (one of whom was an ATPL holder too) who had bundle branch blocks. They were as fit as anything. I had an ECG "problem" too, but was told it was the way I was wired up, and I used to run the 7 floors up to the top of Heathrow Tower and beat the lift!. Good chance you'll be OK so look on the bright side. The medics are very picky but simply want to find the reason, then they'll be happy.