PDA

View Full Version : A320 Type

blackandwhite
28th Dec 2007, 07:54
Hi
I am working on getting an A320 rating and was wondering if anyone knew if there was any airlines in asia (except india) that would take people with just a type and 1000hrs turbo prop.

DeltaSix
28th Dec 2007, 19:38
blackandwhite

This is a million dollar question. Except India, I don't know or heard of anyone else hiring without at least 100 hrs on type.

There is however one I know in the Philippines but you need to be a citizen, start from ab-initio and pre-hired by the airline before you get your type rating. On some occassions, they actually pay half of the training.

But on current levels of shortage, I don't think it would be long now till airlines will start hiring pilots without time on type directly as Junior F/O without going through as a Second Officer on a wide body.

jenson48
30th Dec 2007, 15:44
Pay $15000 for what? Then I can still become a pilot althrough I dont reach their requirements?
And I want to ask where can I have the aircraft type rating ..eg.a320.

getsetgo
30th Dec 2007, 16:32
hi there
some LLCC are making money by giving ratings...but they don"t go far as it looks:ugh::=
be careful with your money

hasoon
2nd Jan 2008, 07:26
hello all ,dose any one know very good airline company in south asia and far east i can do line training for A320?thank you

n818af
2nd Jan 2008, 07:55
jenson48:
Pay $15000 for what? Then I can still become a pilot althrough I dont reach their requirements?
And I want to ask where can I have the aircraft type rating ..eg.a320.
$15K is a bond. If I remember you can pay up front or deduct from the salary; refundable by the end of the contract.
Where you get typed depends on what licenses you hold. If you have FAA you can get typed in the US. It cost around $13000 in the US.
Guys without airline experience may need additional training; be flexible on your training budget.
I'd recommend MSP over MIA for training in the US. Less distraction and better training (in my opinion).
KA and CX is short pilots, try them if you have some trubine time.

snoopy00
2nd Jan 2008, 12:22
You could try Jetstar Asia. Singapore Base and a good operation.