PDA

View Full Version : Hours reduction for an Integrated ATPL?

Lucky252
28th Dec 2007, 01:10
I have a JAA PPL still valid but with no valid SEP rating (i let it lapse) as I’m on an integrated ATPL course I thought it wouldn't matter. However the FTO I’m with want me to revalidate the SEP with them before I can get an hours reduction off the course (as set down in lasors D1.2(B) up to 40 hours off if you have a JAA PPL). This is so I can then start off on the course with them (back to effects of the controls all be it a shortened version).

Is it really necessary to have a valid SEP rating to get a reduction in course time?

clanger32
28th Dec 2007, 07:41
If you are on an integrated course, then whether your FTO offers an hours reduction or not is entirely down to them. OAT, for example, will not offer any reduction, instead advising those with significant hours who do not wish to repeat the whole syllabus from scratch to perhaps consider modular instead.

However, the point I'd really make here is that if your FTO has made the statement that you need to revalidate to get the reduction, I'd see little point in arguing with them - it's unlikely they'll change their rules regardless of how unfair you see it as.
good luck!