PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Sun, Will the banana still fly ???

Kubus1
17th Nov 2000, 23:09
Does anyone have info on V.Sun suspending operations as for winter 2001?
We hear the rumours only but is there anything confirmed?

There are some answers in the Flight Deck Rumours and News on this forum!

Any comments welcome.

>>>IFS to the flight deck!!!<<<

Red Minx
26th Nov 2000, 04:37
V.sun will no longer operate from the end of the season 2001 (end of October - ish) Flight deck who work for Virgin Atlantic anyway will be absorbed intothe expanding Virgin Atlantic fleet but as yet, we are still to hear what will become of cabin crew - hopefully they will all be offered Virgin Atlantic at junior level.

gizmogaz
27th Nov 2000, 00:36
How true is this, as I have an interview with them in 2 weeks for Junior FA?

Any info appreciated.....

Gizmogaz :)

PUNM
28th Nov 2000, 03:16
To all the 1999 summer season crew,
I was delighted to hear that V.SUN had failed after my unfortunate five months with them in the summer 1999 season, however my gloating was quickly cut short when I remembered all of the really sound people I worked with last year. I am gutted that you have all been sh*t on, but not at all suprised. I hope you all find suitable employment soon and if you ever want to trade in your red shirts for blue ones, give me a call.

All the best....BM Bloke.

**VACANCIES**

rubik
29th Nov 2000, 17:53
Kubus1

You have a lot to say for yourself for someone who wasn't that good at the job (and I often had the misfortune of flying with you) and who was lucky enough to be kept on (albeit in Reservations!)

How can you say that you are always the last to know - last to know what? From what I hear there is no news for you to know!

If you don't like working for the company - just leave! Quit bitching and do something constructive.

As for BM bloke - I also had the dubious pleasure of flying with you whilst I spent some time in MAN. Your "5 unfortunate months" were of your own doing. If you weren't such an agressive know-all, it may have worked out better for you.

I for one an really proud to have worked for this airline. It hasn't been a bed of roses but what airline is??

There are a lot of people slagging off the managers, but believe me there are much worse out there!

[This message has been edited by rubik (edited 29 November 2000).]

[This message has been edited by rubik (edited 29 November 2000).]

Bummer
1st Dec 2000, 05:09
News from Atlantic "Brass" is that ALL V.Sun "permanent" cabin crew WILL be offered positions within Atlantic....(subject to passing the course!!)
That's all well and good for the LGW based, but what about the MAN bunch??? Commute???
Suppose the offer of a job is better than none at all !!!
Now...what about the poor ground staff ???

Be under no illusions...despite the "company official line"...if the V.Sun company is not sold, the plug WILL be pulled at the end of summer.