PDA

View Full Version : Qantas Fails In Perth

Captain.Que
27th Dec 2007, 08:19
If you happened to have the misfortune of attempting to Travel domestically with Qantas from Perth from the 27/12/2007 you will no doubt be angry and disillusioned.
At one stage qantas had four A/C US at both the domesitc and international terminal.
Two "classics"went US due to maintenance difficulties or lack of necessary parts.
The terminal itself was understaffed,food outlets inadequate and to cap it all off the Aircon failed on one of the hottest days in Perth so far this summer.
At one stage things got a little out of hand and QF Staff found it necessary to call in the Feds.
Tech Crew "ran out of hours' on more than three occasions
Over 2000 travellers were delayed by more than 26 hours thus destroying an enormous number of travel plans.
The Classics are falling apart,the terminal reached capacity about 5 years ago and staffing levels need to be increased by at least 50%.
Joe Public gets it in the neck because Dixon,Gregg,Borghetti et al have lost touch with the day to day operation of the business
A very amateurish display by an airline that aspires to be the best in the world

U.K. SUBS.
27th Dec 2007, 08:25
The Spirit Of Australia:yuk::yuk:. There may be no bucks left to do anything with Qantas' fleet after the EU gets their hands on them.:E:E:E

Metro man
27th Dec 2007, 08:59
This can't be true ! Full service airlines never have this sort of thing happen, only occurs with low cost carriers. Are QF "operational issues" getting the same level of press coverage as the cancelled Tiger Airways flights did ? :E

Dropt McGutz
27th Dec 2007, 09:03
Be fair would you please? If they put on more staff there wouldn't be as much in the kitty for the executive's bonus's.

tipsy2
27th Dec 2007, 10:00
Captain.Que

It might be seen as stating the bleeding obvious but when you say At one stage qantas had four A/C US at both the domesitc and international terminal what then is your suggested solution, perhaps despatch the unserviceable aircraft anyway just so you can get to where ever !!!!!:confused:
My experience leads me to believe that unserviceable aircraft happen to every airline/aircraft operator the world over. You could make a financial killing if you have the answer to this ever recurring occurence.

The Classics are falling apart, might I suggest you advise CASA of this. 131757 will get you through.:cool:

Tech Crew "ran out of hours' on more than three occasions, and your solution is !!! I would really like to hear your solution.

food outlets inadequate you're not particularly clear with this observation, do you mean cleanliness or range or price or quantity, what do you mean. Perhaps this should be brought to the attention of the Perth Airport management as they are their tenants.

Provide viable solutions so that our industry can overcome these perceived shortcomings, whinging is not providing a solution (except in your hankerchief):=

tipsy

virgindriver
27th Dec 2007, 10:12
Yes Captain Que,

get your facts right before you start these rumours.....:E

Going Boeing
27th Dec 2007, 10:17
Metro
Full service airlines never have this sort of thing happen, only occurs with low cost carriers.

Scrotum face is trying make Qantas a full service airline with LCC staffing levels - he hasn't yet figured out that it's not working and pax are getting very p1ssed off.

The classics could do the job well if the airline purchased enough spares and employed enough engineers.

reflux
27th Dec 2007, 10:20
vote with your feet. next time don't book the red rat. Try one of their competitors.

WynSock
27th Dec 2007, 10:35
Yes yes, all very upsetting....

But have you seen the share price?

$5.47

It's Magnificent!

So Remember, "if we didn't have shareholders, we would be all out of a job"

end quote. :E

Captain.Que
27th Dec 2007, 11:48
Tipsy2 you were somewhat selective and aggressive with your response.
Vouchers were issued for food to be provided by Airport outlets.At 0200 the food outlets were closed.Even when open these concessions only offer poor quality coffee and muffins.Hardly adequate sustenance for ravenous passengers.Perhaps Qantas Catering could have been called upon to fill the breach.The solutions you seek should be provided by Qantas Management.Isnt that why they are paid their enormous salaries.? Or are they just expensive adornments?
BTW...I was reporting the circumstances not whinging.Do try to see the difference.

No SAR No Details
27th Dec 2007, 11:55
With reliability like that, who needs industrial action by the LAMES to prove point?

topend3
27th Dec 2007, 11:57
yes i heard there were several more aircraft than available bays, and several aircraft ready to depart on time but no staff to load them due to problems elsewhere...true that the terminal has reached it's used by date, by the time they finish the renovations it will just be a band-aid solution. i agree with the staffing too, qf has a long way to go in the service department...

watching from above
27th Dec 2007, 12:36
Well what can I say, apart from I love the fact I chose corporate over the airline route. No problems with bays or parking, full FBO services everywhere we go.

the only downside is trying to figure out what to do for the next 3 weeks till my next flight. the beach sounds good.

and I know everyone will say that at least airlines give you a roster, well we get them too, unfortunately they are only 1 month in advance and we do have flights come up with only a days notice from time to time

Whenever we go to perth we get looked after really well, no parking issues, good food, and limos are waiting for our pax as we pull in, Unfortunately we have to slum it in Taxis or FBO vehicals to get to our accomodation.

the one thing I do find funny is the fact that people are complaining about aircraft being delayed due to unservicabilities, can the guys that are complaining please post which company they work for as I do think that QF are in the right delaying a flight to fix it rather than pushing on. and dont want to fly with you guys who obviously carry unservicabilities, to be good company pilots.

Its a fact of life that planes will break, and murphy always breaks them at the most inconvinient time. Thats Life.

I am sure people will have a shot at me but honestly I dont care. I only looked here because a mate was telling me about how stupid this post was.

Have fun

ACMS
27th Dec 2007, 12:47
Watching from above: I think Hypoxia has set in mate.

As a CX'er looking on from HK I think that what happened to QF on this day was a shambles brought on by cost cutting management types only concerned with their bonus.

About time those old Classics were turned out to pasture.

Anulus Filler
27th Dec 2007, 13:26
Tripsy 2....
My experience leads me to believe that unserviceable aircraft happen to every airline/aircraft operator the world over. You could make a financial killing if you have the answer to this ever recurring occurence.

1 AOG ....Sh!t happens even to the best of airlines.:bored:
2 AOG's at once.....That's bad luck.:ouch:
3 AOG's at once.....It's starting to get quite coincidental. Swiss cheese theory of relativity course 101 looks like it's been working a treat.:\
4 AOG's at once....This is cost cutting by QF management to perfection. Just hope the media don't get hold of this.Someone get the big M and the big C a noball peace prize for services (lack of) to airlines.:}
:ok:

zzoott
27th Dec 2007, 13:30
About time those old Classics were turned out to pasture.

They would be if Airbus had delivered the A380 on time.

perdmm
27th Dec 2007, 13:44
Just for info:
That was also about the time that all LAMEs Australia wide had all their leave cancelled until further notice.

drshmoo
27th Dec 2007, 14:31
Perth needs an upgrade ~ Yes
Classics need to be looked at ; see
~ Heavy Maintenance Syd closure and spare parts:ugh:
~ Retire these old girls and lease other types till the A380 et al turn up
QF is lucky there isn't a full service domestic carrier to compete with. WA is cashed up and doesn't need more LCCs they need a little full service competition and the you'll see, big flash terminals and new flash aircraft on the routes. Its like a expecting large spending in a electoral safe seat. Prob not a priority but it obviously should

FRQ Charlie Bravo
27th Dec 2007, 15:19
For the sake of perspective here is the view from Punter-land:

Some non-aviation-type friends of mine complained to me recently about their experience with QF on a flight Sydney-Perth (c. Dec 22-23 I think). Apparently 3 hours late (which I was told is the norm) and then shortly after dep the CAPT announced that all of the food on board had spoilt so no food for 4+ hours (Yikes). My friends became suss that the food hadn't spoilt but had been overlooked (i.e. forgotten) as there weren't even crackers and biscuits to be had (they couldn't have spoiled at the same time too in their handy little plastic wrappers).

Drinks were to be served but then the Flight Attendant told my friends that there was only one trolley of drinks and that it'd be spread evenly. My friends and their 11 month old :yuk: got nothing more than tap water:D.

Even I don't take off without softies and bikkies for the pax in my bug smashers.

OK I'm dying to hear the other side of the story... C'mon,

FRQ CB

Sunfish
27th Dec 2007, 16:52
At least Qantas got a serve in The Australian when Brierly almost didn't make it to his yacht for the Sydney-Hobart.

employes perspective
27th Dec 2007, 17:44
i am a former QF lame(ex Syd HM Maint),who now works in retail(pay is triple to what i was getting at the rat),i had a costumer walk into my shop yesterday that had just come over from Perth from this debark el ,said he couldn't believe what was going on,they where on the aircraft(a 743) where being pushed back when the brakes locked up,they sat there for hours as the aircraft could not be moved,when they managed to get back to the terminal they sat in 42 C temp in the terminal for hours until they engineers could fix they problem,to say the least he wasn't impressed and he won't be returning to perth with the rat.
Then later that day i had a phone call from this agency that is trying to get a scab workforce together so the company can take on the LAME's in the impending dispute(naturally i told they could add another 0 to that amount they where offering and it would still not get my there).
Looks like the whole thing is coming apart at the seems for QF and i couldn't be HAPPIER,good luck to the boys and girls that are about to take on this moron management team you have my best wishes.:O:O:O:D:D:D:D:D:ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ok:PS to all you share holders out there watch this space

ALAEA Fed Sec
27th Dec 2007, 20:28
The Perth LAMEs went through Industrial Action earlier this year with rostering issues. They know how to make their actions count. This was in response to the cancelling of leave and will become the norm until our EBA is agreed.

DEFCON4
27th Dec 2007, 21:10
A couple of the 743s have non functioning chillers(hold items) in the aft galley.If delays are protracted then food temeperature becomes critical.Rather than delay the aircraft further a decision not to re cater is made.The aircraft are catered to domestic specs and therefore have minimal splits,beer spirits and juice.
At best its unreliable transport with minimal or no catering.As has been pointed out the domestic terminal provides little more than coffee.In a lenghty delay you cant get fed in the airport and catering is not available onboard leaving pax without adequate nutrition for sometimes up to eight hours including west to east flight time

whatdouknow
27th Dec 2007, 21:19
A bit disappointing really, so how is the Qf staff travel for Melb-Perth?

I'll be going soon in a month and would like to understand if I need to take precautions.

Magoodotcom
27th Dec 2007, 21:30
BTW...I was reporting the circumstances not whinging.Do try to see the difference.
Hmmm...reporting circumstances or whinging....you be the judge!
The Classics are falling apart,the terminal reached capacity about 5 years ago and staffing levels need to be increased by at least 50%.
Joe Public gets it in the neck because Dixon,Gregg,Borghetti et al have lost touch with the day to day operation of the business
A very amateurish display by an airline that aspires to be the best in the world
:hmm::hmm::hmm:
Magoo

PIOT Bord
27th Dec 2007, 21:59
Circumstance and fact from my perspective!!!

Capt Wally
27th Dec 2007, 22:39
..............it's obvious even to a blind man that QF have some seriuos issues even if some in here are trying to sadly defend them in the dieing days of their once great existance.
Look the biggest sadness about all this (QF's poorly run top end) is the fact that we all loose, we all suffer as a group. Take out (mainline QF) the so called leader of Ozzy aviation & we as a nation will have egg on our faces, again !(now that we have thrown out the Gov that was respected the world over for getting us in a good economic state, thru sacrifices of course). The likes of GD have no real long term worries, he/they will always be fattened up on a reg basis at our cost & they/he will move on to other area's of poor expertese but not 'till they/he bleeds the airline dry:bored:

It would take a mamoth change in the ozzy way of thinking to avoid the red rat & give the guys at the top a real shake up, but in doing that we only hurt ourselves in the long run.There in lies the real problem as an individual. We all have choice, we don't 'have' to fly QF, nobody can tell an individual what to do where flying is concerned. I know I try to avoid QF when I have to transit as a non pilot and I feel I'm doing my bit & it simply makes me feel better, afterall who's the most important person you know??????????........YOU !:)

CW:)

Mr. Hat
27th Dec 2007, 23:29
The reality is that we still yet to see any Airline cope well in these scenarios.

All planning revolves around minimal staffing levels ect. The question is - could an airline have the staff/resources required to perform well in these types of disruptions and still turn a profit? I think in good economic times yes in bad economic times no.

No matter where you go in aviation it does seem a little amatuer at times doesn't it?

I cringe when we fly people around the country side and offer them a small piece of cake for the entire journey.

prunezeuss
27th Dec 2007, 23:55
It is necessary to point out that this is not an isolated occurrence.
The Classics break down in Perth virtually on a daily basis.
The AirCon in the terminal has been on the Fritz for two weeks.
As for Captain Que I personally dont see his post as a whinge but rather a restrained report.
Its all too easy for others to be critical of the Capt.when they have not been party to the situation.

B A Lert
28th Dec 2007, 00:09
I cringe when we fly people around the country side and offer them a small piece of cake for the entire journey.

At least Qantas still offers food to its customers, unlike the trash-haulers being foisted on the Australian market.

speedbirdhouse
28th Dec 2007, 00:15
Attended a QF "roadshow" at the Redfern railway yard/tech centre earlier this year where Il Duce aka Borghetti actually laughed when describing the state of the classics and the issues they are having with them on the Perth returns.

As someone who has to deal face to face with the angry, disgruntled passengers his attitude just makes me sick.

It just confirms what ALL operational staff at QF KNOW is wrong with this company............:yuk:

FRQ Charlie Bravo
28th Dec 2007, 00:30
At least Qantas still offers food to its customers, unlike the trash-haulers being foisted on the Australian market.
If you're referring to having to pay cash for food on the likes of VB et al I've often wondered why they don't just offer to sell punters credit (say $10 towards a sambo and drinks) at the time of purchasing the ticket which the pax may then use on the flight rather than realising that there's no cash in their wallet and no ATM. I'm sure that the logistics wouldn't be too hard to organise.

Over and gout
28th Dec 2007, 01:06
At least Qantas still offers food to its customers, unlike the trash-haulers being foisted on the Australian market

I would much rather pay $10 for some good food served by hot girls (Virgin) than pay $50 extra in my ticket price (Qantas) for a stale bread roll and some water thrown at you by disillusioned staff....

Orangputi
28th Dec 2007, 01:07
Hi all I am an ex Qantas LAME who left the industry some time ago and I fly freqently for business around asia mainly where I am based.

I normally fly Singapore airlines but recently I flew domestic business class from BNE to CNS. It was definitley lower than any other airline I have flown including Royal Nepal ! The whole product is shameful we had one flight attendant running her socks off (who seemed to be more interested in serving the front row of economy than us). We were lucky to get something to eat (which was bloody aweful) let alone a drink. Then all the paxing flight attendants sitting in business thought they would go and have a good old chat in the galley.

It makes me sad to look at what it has become. When I joined Qantas we still had the wings on the kangaroo and that is when they knew how to run an airline. I will fly with someone else from now if I have the option (depending on the governments postion on the continuing MONOPOLY).

All I can say is you get better service on Tiger than QF business class as for the lounge it is a big barn that jams in every Tom Dick and Harry (surely there are not that many people flying business class?)

These are more observations as a full paying business class passenger!

Skystar320
28th Dec 2007, 02:00
Well what can I say, apart from I love the fact I chose corporate over the airline route. No problems with bays or parking, full FBO services everywhere we go.

the only downside is trying to figure out what to do for the next 3 weeks till my next flight. the beach sounds good.

and I know everyone will say that at least airlines give you a roster, well we get them too, unfortunately they are only 1 month in advance and we do have flights come up with only a days notice from time to time

Whenever we go to perth we get looked after really well, no parking issues, good food, and limos are waiting for our pax as we pull in, Unfortunately we have to slum it in Taxis or FBO vehicals to get to our accomodation.

the one thing I do find funny is the fact that people are complaining about aircraft being delayed due to unservicabilities, can the guys that are complaining please post which company they work for as I do think that QF are in the right delaying a flight to fix it rather than pushing on. and dont want to fly with you guys who obviously carry unservicabilities, to be good company pilots.

Its a fact of life that planes will break, and murphy always breaks them at the most inconvinient time. Thats Life.

I am sure people will have a shot at me but honestly I dont care. I only looked here because a mate was telling me about how stupid this post was.

Voted PPRUNE's most idotic reply to a thread

A prize of a bag of **** is warrented

SIUYA
28th Dec 2007, 02:29
Geez Skystar320...........

You're being a bit lousy with the prizes I reckon. :}

A prize of a bag of **** is warrented [sic]

Surely that post that you're referring to warrants a prize of at least three BIG bags of sh1t! :}

peuce
28th Dec 2007, 04:16
Overheard at a QANTAS/ASA/pick-a-company management meeting:

Boss: " How's it going?
Lone Voice in the Wilderness: " We're short of staff, the troops are working heaps of overtime, they're really starting to whinge"
Boss: " Is the job still being done?"
LVITW: "Yes, but things could get nasty"
Boss: "How?"
LVITW: "It's hard to keep the support up to the equipment, some of it could fall over"
Boss: "So?"
LVITW: "We might have to cancel flights!"
LVITW: "The customers will be angry"
LVITW: "We could get some bad publicity"
LVITW: "We might loose some custom"
Boss: "Has Fluffy Airlines ever had a crash?
LVITW: "Yes, a couple in the last few years ... a few hundred dead"
Boss: "Are they still filling their flights"
LVITW: "Yes, they're quiet profitable actually"
Boss: "And you're worried about a bit of bad publicity about some cancelled flights and some dodgy satay?"
LVITW: "Sorry sir"
Boss: "And our bottom line at the moment? and our share price at the moment?"
LVITW: "Sorry Sir"
Boss: "Get back to work ... and have you gotten rid of those damn expensive pot plants yet?"

neville_nobody
28th Dec 2007, 05:05
Well what can I say, apart from I love the fact I chose corporate over the airline route. No problems with bays or parking, full FBO services everywhere we go.the only downside is trying to figure out what to do for the next 3 weeks till my next flight. the beach sounds good.

Yeah until the boss calls you at the beach saying drop everything time to go to work!! Dunno when you'll be back :}:} At least in the airline world your days off are exactly that.

SIUYA
28th Dec 2007, 07:52
Yeah..............agree Nev.

So make Skystar320's prize 3 big bags of sh1t mixed with sand! :}

That way it will give the idiot poster something to think about as he/she/it sorts out the sh1t from the sand while figuring

...out what to do for the next 3 weeks till [his/her/its] next flight

Aaaarrrrgghhhhhhh!!!! :ugh::ugh::ugh:

Thank Christ I retired a while back and don't need to put up with these sort of crappy attitudes any more!

Spaz Modic
28th Dec 2007, 12:12
:} Well, everybody in the business has got what he/she wanted.
Lots of profit for the airlines.
Lots of bonuses for the bosses.
Lots of jobs for the boys and girls.
Lots of happy souls.
Well, not quite it seems.
Going by the performance of these pages - no one's happy - except the bosses.
And I'll bet few know where to sheet the blame.
Ah - history - if only we could learn the lessons.
What's Dick up to - better go check.;)

man on the ground
28th Dec 2007, 12:34
Overheard at a QANTAS/ASA/pick-a-company management meeting:
"Get back to work ... and have you gotten rid of those damn expensive pot plants yet?"

Nice one Peuce!:D:D:D

I do miss the pot plants.

G Cantstandya
29th Dec 2007, 06:18
Surely this is the fault of Jetstar and it's pilots!!!!!!

Qantas was such a wonderful place until that dreaded Lepricorn started that second rate airline with it's pilots of less ability...

The answer to all QF's probs is to get rid of JQ and return to the good ol' days!!

I think QF's service is still great, I recently travelled eco class and got a great cheese stick biscut and a can of vic served to me by, (I think it may have been Dame Edna) it's so hard to tell they all look alike at the Rat these days.

And to cap it off I flew in one of those great new 737-400, what a great a/c, I heard they have efis..wow!!!!!:ok::ok:

Brasilian Bird
3rd Jan 2008, 07:00
Happened to be passing through on the 26th Dec.... Yes, it was a sh!tstorm... yes, coppers were called...

To be fair, the shops in the QF terminal in Perth, AFAIK, are NOT WAC's responsibility... Qantas owns the building (and so Iwould have thought) would therefore be responsible for choosing the tenants?????

I did feel very sorry for the staff at the service desk- quite a few expletives being thrown around by pax... understandable though, the aircon situation was bloody terrible (would have been 35'c AT LEAST in there), the drinking fountain was getting a workout- perhaps next time Q catering could bring up a couple pallets of bottled water???????

Having said that, I'd rather arrive 2 hours late than not at all.... if it's u/s, it's U/S!!!!!!

Looking
3rd Jan 2008, 21:09
I thought the F/O made quite a truthful yet whitty remark the other day when I arrived back in Perth:

"Welcome to Perth, Wait A while"

DEFCON4
4th Jan 2008, 05:29
The QF 518 due to depart at 0015 on the 26/12/07 was later rescheduled QF8518 and departed Perth on the 27/12/07.....26 hours late!!!!!

B767MAD
5th Jan 2008, 21:58
Yesterday , 5th Jan , check-in lines went outside onto the pavement and down to Jetstar doors!

Over and gout
6th Jan 2008, 07:57
Yesterday , 5th Jan , check-in lines went outside onto the pavement and down to Jetstar doors!

What do you expect when staff have been trimmed down to 1 checkin person who also has to load the bags as well as refuel ???:ok:

Towering Q
6th Jan 2008, 08:50

Running parallel to, but in the opposite direction to the one leading to the taxi rank.:ugh:

Short_Circuit
6th Jan 2008, 18:43
QANTAS about to fail EVERYWHERE....................:ok:

mmmbop
6th Jan 2008, 20:19
Oh and wouldn't that be just a fantastic result, Short_Circuit, you immature w@nker. As everyone from AN would attest, nobody wishes that on anyone at QF

Direct your wishes towards the only people that deserve them - GD et al, NOT the 95% of the workforce who work their @sses off maintaining high standards under very trying conditions.

Bring on the 00's version of Gordon Betheune!

ps to the tools who complain about the classic, why not b1tch about Airbus and their broken promises?

airtags
6th Jan 2008, 22:52
Late last year (Oct/Nov) a Melb company was conducting some "kerb to kerb" assesments of QF domestic ops - looking at queue times, staff levels and...(wait for it) gate allocations.

Sources have suggested the written brief from QF also included directions to consider looking at additional dedicated gates for JetSAR, particularly at MEL, BNE & PER.

The brief also requested assessment of front of house staffing levels and reccomendations for 'streamlining' (sic: reducing) staff levels with technology (sic: more self serve kiosks).

Apparently, the 'study' covered a 3 week period with a number of people travelling the QF network during designated peak times and also included a number of other QF areas.

Anyone got anymore intell?

Short_Circuit
7th Jan 2008, 02:09
mmmbop said
Oh and wouldn't that be just a fantastic result, Short_Circuit, you immature w@nker. As everyone from AN would attest, nobody wishes that on anyone at QF
Are you the only one on this network that does not know QF LAME's PROTECTED INDUSTRIAL ACTION
is about to start in earnest at all QF ports, not just PER where this occurred :E
There are around 3000 plus qf people in all, supporting it.
So you are calling all 3000 plus immature w@nkers??......... :=
Do keep up please.:ugh:
Let me assist you, click here HyperMerged: Q Engineering LAME EBA VIII/Industrial Strategies (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=300630)

P.S.
bop, looks like there are some immature w@nkers in your camp now.
JQ EBA to sell out new hires (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=307343)

mmmbop
7th Jan 2008, 11:35
SC

Apologies - misinterpreted your post as another anti QF basher. Long night, followed by trying kids!

M

QF22
7th Jan 2008, 11:52
Be careful with that signoff mmmbop, or you may be mistaken for M manager of QF ACS !

Skydrol_ise
7th Jan 2008, 12:25
Maybe some of the responsibility rests with the airport owners/operators.

Noticed in Darwin the other night with a Tiger flight to Melbourne and Singapore, the line up (to what appeared to be the only checkin counter), was from one end of the terminal to the other. Sometimes I think airport owners need to consider expansion before it spirals out of control.

All this between 11 pm and 2 am, and dont try to get a taxi home, unless you like waiting in the rain :ugh::ugh:

Short_Circuit
7th Jan 2008, 22:49
mmmbop,
I must admit my comment was a quick hit & run.
:)

topend3
8th Jan 2008, 08:16
the darwin situation occurs because every airline wants to fly to darwin in the wee hours of the morning so i guess it's difficult to justify major expansion there when the terminal is dormant during the day

Metro man
8th Jan 2008, 08:37
Low cost check in is different to full service check in.

Full service - Counters open three hours before departure, and there are more of them. Allows passengers to check in as it suits them without waiting too long.

Low cost - Counters open two hours before departure and there are fewer of them. Passengers lined up waiting, staff working continiously.

Instead of paying three people working "slowly" for 2 1/2 hours, low cost pays two people working quickly for 1 1/2 hours, and gives them a lower hourly rate.

Basically if flying low cost, come early and be prepared to queue.

Upper Deck
8th Jan 2008, 09:43
A380

Yes this has caused problems with the delay of this aircraft but QF are rolling over themselves with the penalty payments and or secret deals with Airbus ie Buy 2 get one free . :D Qantas management structure is very top heavy the Fat Cats need to go and the salaries re- distributed to cabin/terminal/maintenace staff. Its been a long time overdue but one day something like that has to happen or the turnover rate will climb to a dangerous rate :ugh:

Apart from that The Red Rat has those last two letters that say it all :ok:

MELKBQF
8th Jan 2008, 09:49
Passengers were still checking in for the QF25 today in MEL at departure time due to ahortage of CSA's. No doubt management would have fudged this delay to congestion or equipment failure!

Upper Deck
8th Jan 2008, 10:04
A380

Yes this has caused problems with the delay of this aircraft but QF are rolling over themselves with the penalty payments and or secret deals with Airbus ie Buy 2 get one free . :D Qantas management structure is very top heavy the Fat Cats need to go and the salaries re- distributed to cabin/terminal/maintenace staff. Its been a long time overdue but one day something like that has to happen or the turnover rate will climb to a dangerous rate :ugh:

Apart from that The Red Rat has those last two letters that say it all :ok:

prunezeuss
8th Jan 2008, 11:15
Quickly Farked