PDA

View Full Version : TCX Recruiting

Dreamshiner
26th Dec 2007, 21:12
Anyone else seen the advert at the top of this page and raise a wry grin?

Isn't this the company who were meant to be losing 60 odd pilots 2 months ago, or is everyone buggering off to Lauren?

Deano777
26th Dec 2007, 22:12
er no :confused:

I've refreshed it 20 times and still can't see it

Dreamshiner
26th Dec 2007, 22:23
Trust me it does exist. I'm not having Turkey fuelled hallucinations.

Try going back out into the main forums page and see if that works.

Grass strip basher
27th Dec 2007, 09:57
Type rated and minimum 500 hous on type... great for anyone with experience... rubbish for anyone straight out of flight school...

MrHorgy
27th Dec 2007, 13:47
Airlines cock up figures all the time - hence why sometimes your CV lands at the right time and you get a call one random afternoon "Come in for interview today start tommorrow?" :E

Horgy

Crewing's Slave
28th Dec 2007, 07:47
30-40 needed. Prob nearer to 40....

320 / 757 type rating preferred. Won't find that many guys, so ex-school guys take heart and get preping.

CS

THRILLSEEKER
28th Dec 2007, 09:42
Pilots

A career as a Pilot is an outstanding option. Yes, it is highly demanding. However, the rewards and opportunities to develop are excellent.
At Thomas Cook Airlines, you'll also enjoy the benefits of flying one of the world's most modern charter fleets.

Pilots recruitment update posted14/12/07
Type Rated A320 and B757 FO Vacancies

Following the successful merger of MyTravel Airways and Thomas Cook Airlines UK, the new enlarged airline, to be known as Thomas Cook Airlines Ltd, has a limited number of permanent positions available for TYPE RATED FOs on the A320 and B757. Applicants should have a minimum of 500 hours on type. ONLY Pilots who meet this criteria and who wish to apply should send their CVs to [email protected] ([email protected]) by 31 Dec 2007.

The pilot recruitment web pages which link from here refer to the pre-merger arrangements and are retained for your information. Our principle pilot training providers, CTC Aviation and Oxford Aviation Training, continue to offer opportunities throughout the industry and you may wish to contact them direct through the links provided.
Future pilot opportunities with the Thomas Cook Airlines will be advertised through the jobs link from the Thomas Cook website www.thomascookvacancies.co.uk (http://www.thomascookvacancies.co.uk/)

Dreamshiner
5th Jan 2008, 23:08
Heard from someone who has access to the TCX bush telecom that they managed to get enough response from 757 TR'd guys with the 500 hours threshold.

Personally didn't think the 75 TR would be the issue, however did think the 500 hour caveat would, just shows what presuming does for you.

Wondering where all these relatively experienced guys are coming from, however fear not peeps, the positions they leave will need backfilling.

Also with BA's Project Lauren to kick in shortly it could look rosy again for the low houred 75 drivers out there.

So whats the opinion of the masses then on where TCX got these guys?

DHL?
XL?
Other charter operators, fancy the new enlarged and merged operation and stability that goes with it?

Where else has low moral and is hemoraging pilots?

JB007
6th Jan 2008, 14:49
Would have thought you were spot on with both XL and DHL, maybe even GSM! Some young easyJet FO's may fancy a bit of A320/A330 mixed fleet flying but the time to command will kill it for the older ones...

timzsta
7th Jan 2008, 17:15
Same advert in today's FI magazine. Closing date 31 Jan 08. Perhaps they didn't get the people they were looking for after all.

Dreamshiner
7th Jan 2008, 18:09
Or the advert went to print before they were inundated by those who satisfy both requirements.

Anyway, for any company, its better to have a large database of viable candidates to cherry pick from, I'm sure its not going to hurt them.

I think the news I relayed in the previous post just showed that TCX's requirements had been met, I don't think I would have been the only one who thought they may struggle but was proven wrong.

Mimiben
7th Jan 2008, 20:15
yep,

actually TCA (tcx doesn't exist anymore) is looking for type rated (A320 or B757)candidates with around 500h on type.

They hope to find about 30 new Pilots.

They practised redudancies before because of some business strategies and merger dynamism. (i wouldn't reveal here)
Their new need in pilots is real.

who wish to apply should send their CVs to [email protected] ([email protected]) by 31 Dec 2008.

Cozza
9th Jan 2008, 18:05
Hi, will there be many interviews during a recruitment stage of any airline? And if so, will their be limited selection? In other words what is the likelyhood of you landing that placement?

Thanks

Dreamshiner
9th Jan 2008, 21:51
In my experience so far I'd say the airlines appoint individuals based and weighted by the following order (by no means is it 100% correct, just my humble opinion from my own experience):

1./ Cost to get you working (TR/Line Training/etc.)
2./ Associated risks/imposed restrictions (i.e. have they a proven track record of achievement and secondly some insurance companies/unions/regulatory authorities insist on certain caveats such as hours attained or hours on type and language proficiency
3./ Would I be happy to go for a pint with this bloke downroute after a 10 hour flight
4./ Where, When and how you did your training (for newbies)

Pilot Pete
10th Jan 2008, 11:56
Cozza

Hi, will there be many interviews during a recruitment stage of any airline? And if so, will their be limited selection? In other words what is the likelyhood of you landing that placement? Not sure if I understand exactly what you are asking, but generally there will be one interview, possibly two during airline selection.

There will always be 'limited' selection, they will 'select' enough to fulfil their recruitment plan. An airline will generally have a 'hit/miss' ratio which means that historically they have called 'x' number of candidates for selection knowing they will find 'x minus a factor' suitable. If they don't get enough suitable then will tend to call a few more forward until they do. Remember the selection process costs money so they don't want to run unnecessary selections.....doesn't mean it doesn't happen though!

What is the likelyhood of you landing the placement? Depends how good you are. If you get called for selection the ball is really in your court, remember, the airline WANT you to pass, it is individuals who fail themselves through their performance on selection as it is unlikely that you would call 20 candidates and all 20 of them would be perfect.......

PP