PDA

View Full Version : Job Hunting

Martin Barclay
26th Dec 2007, 19:54
Looking for a job.
300 hours, all piston 22 and 44.
CPL(H) passed August 2006
Been flying tours summer 2007
46 years old. Loads of general business experience, useful on the phones and with customers. Based in Central Scotland. Prepared to work anywhere, worldwide.
Any suggestions greatfully received. Keep 'em polite if possible!

TiPwEiGhT
26th Dec 2007, 20:15
How about doing the FI(H) course?

Martin Barclay
26th Dec 2007, 20:24
Sorry, should have mentioned, no money left! No credit left!

paco
26th Dec 2007, 20:29
Aha! A typical pilot, then! :)

Unfortunately, it looks as if you'll have to spend some money somewhere. 300 hours is not that bad, though it probably seems bad to you at the moment. How about looking at the next GAPAN FI sponsorship?

Phil

Quichotte
26th Dec 2007, 20:31
You will never get a job in this mood. Ever heard something about the search button? Bet this is the most frequent and alldays repeated question here.

Bravo73
26th Dec 2007, 20:36
Given the current supply of FI(R)s, you might well be able to find a school who is willing to sponsor your FIC in exchange for a certain period of (cheap) employment.

However, I don't think that anyone is currently advertising this so it would be on the basis of individual enquiries. A lot will also depend on being in the right place at the right time.

Otherwise, you sound in the perfect position to apply for the GAPAN scholarship next year. And don't be put off by your age - the winner a couple of years ago was 43. :ok:

Best of luck.

Martin Barclay
26th Dec 2007, 20:55
Quichotte

Thanks for the helpful message. as the other guys have said, right place at the right time, you never know who is surfing right now! As for doing searches that key is well worn. I try and help the other guys who have more hours and and more prospects than me. Try to be a bit more positive.

TiPwEiGhT
26th Dec 2007, 21:46
There's always jobs for FI's advertised in Helidata, always worth a look.

Fly_For_Fun
26th Dec 2007, 23:58
Good Luck. The FI(H) does seem the best route to investigate.

Heli-Jock
26th Feb 2008, 09:39
You seem to be stuck between a rock and a hard place!

The FI course is the best option to gain more hours & experience, no doubt about it. You will find work some where in the country as an FI (R),it wont pay well but will get you the hours you need to go commercial. Theres a school in Fife looking for an FI (R) at moment, to do weekend work.
However, if you dont have the money for the course! :ugh:

I'm not sure i know anyone who is flying commercialy, who didnt have to do the FI rating first, to hour build their way to a commercial job.

Commercial work will be nigh on impossible to find with 300 hrs, i know, i've been there!

Lets know if you get on the GAPAN FI scholarship.

Best of luck:ok:

H-J

chileno 777
26th Feb 2008, 11:50
try:

http://www.chc.ca/employment_global.php

Floppy Link
26th Feb 2008, 12:33
GAPAN FI(R)(H) scholarship closing date 9th April....

if you haven't applied yet...why not!?