PDA

View Full Version : Calling Qantas Crew !

cabinboy
7th Nov 2000, 10:33
Hi QF crew,

Do any of you know much about the " QF promotional team " ? How much volunteer work is required ? What type of interview it is ?
What type of uniform do you get ? :) Any info appreciated.

Cheers
CABINBOY

------------------
Trust your captain .... but keep your seatbelt securely fastened.

Evacu8
7th Nov 2000, 12:10
Hey cabinboy

I know a few cabin crew who are on the promotional team. Not too sure about the interview process ( you seem to have to have an excellent track record with the company, ie customer letters, appraisals etc).

The people I know who are in it, usually work on the promotional team most of their days off and their holidays as well !!( without pay).... depending on what functions are on ( which appears to be an endlees list !!)

The unifrom is the QF suit, with a light blue scarf similar to the ground staff scarf, or if you are a bloke, the tie is the same material, light blue. The rest of the uniform is the same !

Hope this helps !

------------------

caqtas air
7th Nov 2000, 14:16
My wife is on the promotional team 2000 she wears the full uniform with a blue scarf. Contact Lynley Thompson on 0296918060 or fax 0296918070. Everybody seems to enjoy it..

cabinboy
8th Nov 2000, 04:38
Thanks for the info guys, thats what I wanted to hear. I wouldn't care about doing it in my own time because it would be just great to get out there and represent QF ( it will also look good on the CV when trying for QF cabin crew...hehe :) )

Thanks for the fax caqtas air, I already have the advertisment and forms in my possession so will send via OCS ASAP. Does your wife know anything about the interview process ? It would be a great help as nobody I work with seems to have any ideas !

Regards
Cabinboy

------------------

caqtas air
8th Nov 2000, 05:58
My wife tells me Cabin Boy that Lynley is looking for people who are interested in promoting QF. You must be well spoken, well educated, look tidy and well dressed, able to have a conversation with people from all backgrounds and ways of life. You must have the company interests at heart at all times and be genuine. Able to travel, able to stand for long hours at promotional functions and be prepared to give up your time without pay. Other than that its a ball of laughs otherwise my wife says. She is a proud member of the 2000 team and enjoys it very much. Especially during the games where there was a big need for 100 of team members. They worked at the SIT, and at Homebush, during just about everything.. Hope this helps... the Caqtas Family.

cabinboy
10th Nov 2000, 14:00
thanks caqas, you and your wife have been a great help....but just one more tiny little question....approx how much of her annual leave was taken up on promotional team duties ? It doesn't really bother me that much and I know that this would fluctuate depending on what pr activities are happening but was quite a bit of annual leave used ?

------------------