PDA

View Full Version : JAA,FAA or ICAO??which 1 to go for

devrudra07
23rd Dec 2007, 21:24
hi there!!!
i'm a new kid on the block i would like to know which Licence to go for and why???

which 1 is the Best,better recognized and having better job prospects.
as i'am only 17 i'm not in much of a hurry to get a job and start earning so times not much of a factor for me,yup too much money is but i think we can leave that for the moment.

Heard that JAA is quite difficult and takes longer to get but is it really worth it??
And because i'm choosing aviation as my carrer i'm ready to work very hard so difficulty is also not much of a factor(lol)
I'am very confused which one to choose http://forum.keypublishing.co.uk/images/smilies/confused.gif any help will be much appreciated.

mcgoo
23rd Dec 2007, 21:55
There isn't a best, get the licence for where you have the right to live and work and what is required there.

B2N2
24th Dec 2007, 01:29
ICAO is the International organization, it does not issue licenses, it's like the UN for aviation or a similar organization.
Currently 165 countries are a member..http://www.icao.int/
JAA is mainly European although other countries recognize it and have a somewhat simplified conversion process; although almost nothing is simple in the aviation regulation world.
FAA is mainly for the US, South America and the Caribbean, although once again, other countries recognize it.
So a license from India is neither FAA nor JAA but is ICAO since India is an ICAO memberstate.
So if a specific airline requires an ICAO license, the Indian license will qualify.
If they require FAA or JAA or both it will not.
Any questions, feel free to ask.

devrudra07
24th Dec 2007, 11:14
thanks for the replys.
Any licence can be converted into othe rite?
So y not get a FAA licence and convert it to JAA and work in the europe(if u get a visa).because FAA is easier.

And wat about the job prospects in US or UK for jobs like cargo n small companies for a foreigner?coz i will be needing one 4 my Hrs building.

AlphaMale
24th Dec 2007, 11:36
So y not get a FAA licence and convert it to JAA and work in the europe(if u get a visa).because FAA is easier.

The FAA licence is a little easier to get but you'll still need to convert it as you mentioned, so you will still need to to the 'hard' licence. only now you're going to tackle it with possibly a couple of bad habits.

And wat about the job prospects in US or UK for jobs like cargo n small companies for a foreigner?coz i will be needing one 4 my Hrs building.

Are you asking what jobs are there for a PPL pilot? :ugh:

You can't get paid as a PPL holder, but you can instruct for free. But to gain your instructors licence you'll need to pass your CPL exams and have something like 150hrs on your log.

So you'll have to build up those 100+hrs on top of your PPL's 45hrs some other way I'm afraid.

Good luck.

devrudra07
24th Dec 2007, 12:19
thanks 4 the reply for conversion of FAA to JAA v got to give 1 exam or all 14.

And no i'm asking for CPL jobs.for some small companies like the courier and for carrying cargos.i mean flying small planes for hrs building and getin paid 4 it

bajadj
24th Dec 2007, 13:02
dev, to convert faa to jaa, unless you have a LOT of hours then it's all 14 mate, thats presuming you want an atpl.