PDA

View Full Version : EPST (European Pilot selection and training)

CaptainDan
23rd Dec 2007, 08:31
Hi Folks!

It's been my ambition to become a commercial pilot since I was six years old, and after my A - Levels, I am looking to attend one of the flight training organisations that offer the integrated training.

I was looking at the EPST website, and wondered if any of you could rate their training.

The whole set up over there looks fantastic! A bit too good to be true if you ask me, but I just wondered if it is actually as good as it looks!

They say they will guarantee the loan for the training, so no security against a house will be needed.

They also say that if you fail the training (don't meet the EPST standard), they will repay all the training costs.

They also provide you with the MCC and 45 hours on the 737NG sim, and then introduce you to the A320, in their Advanced jet foundation course.

They will then put in contact with one of their partner airlines, and you will complete your type rating with them, and subsequently be offered employment.

Could any of you confirm this and rate it?

Thanks

TwoTone-7
23rd Dec 2007, 13:38
Taking away from it what you like.

Their loan is for dutch and belgian nationals.

Training costs are added to your existing debt amount. You have to pay that back.

About partner airlines, it's the same package as what OAT etc will offer.

And at 80K +, you can spend you're funds much wisely.

My 2p, if integrated is what you want then go directly to OAT or Danfly and save the money which in effect can pay for a type rating if need be.

HTH

Pedro1
24th Dec 2007, 10:36
I am on the current EPST/DanFly course so maybe I could help a little, especially as Two Tone seems a little negative.

The contingency fund does cover you in case of failure to meet the standards required (excepting certain instances, such as lack of effort for example). The basic training is all done at OAT/Danfly and then completed by the AJFC in Holland. I think EPST's biggest pride is in their AJFC course, which is ranked quite highly I hear.

In regards to airline placement, EPST have a pretty amazing record. The small numbers of students they take on each year allows them to focus more on their placement afterwards, rather than directly at the school which have a huge student turnover. Also, as I'm aware, EPST students consistently perform amongst the best at both OAT and DanFly.

About the financial side, how can going to OAT/DanFly directly save you money for a type rating? I may be wrong, but isn't the EPST programme cheaper than the OAT APP programme? It certainly is at DanFly and includes food and accommodation. :rolleyes:

In all honesty, EPST do a lot of work for you. Of course it's not perfect, and there's never any guarantees, but I had a good look at a lot of FTO's before I started here, and this seemed the best for me. The fact that they don't actually do your basic training leaves them free to focus on perfecting the AJFC and placing students. I'm glad I made the choice I did!

If you need any more info CaptainDan, feel free to pm me.