PDA

View Full Version : gold coast jobs

goldypilot
23rd Dec 2007, 01:08
this is my first time on pprune and i want to know is there any work on the coast for pilots i am a city boy not a country kid i wouldnt be able to handle it out there in the teritory. is there anything near the coast or south for a young pilot 230hr TT and 80 hrs PIC comericial AUS and a multi engine instrument rating with a seneca endorsement.

gas-chamber
23rd Dec 2007, 01:57
If you wouldn't be able to handle it out there in the territory, you may have chosen the wrong profession. Gold Coast indeed..... Plenty guys with thousands of hours would kill to have a Gold Coast basing. And dare I say, others would probably work for next to nothing to fly out of there.

FRQ Charlie Bravo
23rd Dec 2007, 02:00
....No....

FRQ Charlie Bravo
23rd Dec 2007, 02:09
Here's the thing Goldy. Despite what you say you probably can handle going to the Territory (or rural QLD/Nthn WA/other hard sell place) but you just think that you can't. Just go and get some hours that you can be proud of (even just a couple hundred which means about maybe 4 months) and then go back home. See the fam and the friends and then try again in a few months. NOTHING substitutes for hours.

Oh, and with over 1000 hours and a MECIR I'll probably try and get any Gold Coast job you're trying to get too (and no, I don't think that there are any). No offense of course.

See you in the next Dry Season???

FRQ CB

PS Are you taking the piss?:D

morno
23rd Dec 2007, 02:22
Christ, the new generation of pilots are just turning into a bunch of soft cocks!

Go find a job in IT or retail or something, that way you won't have to leave the city.

morno

Towering Q
23rd Dec 2007, 04:17
I don't think the current 'pilot shortage' has hit that hard yet.:hmm:

goldypilot
23rd Dec 2007, 07:23
thanx for the help those of who that were nice i apreciate it. the rest of u should get off this website because it is for ppl who want infomation not know it all privote pilots

thedevil
23rd Dec 2007, 08:15
Goldyboy every pilot needs to get experience some jobs are better than others but its all experience.
My suggestion is to give a job out in the sticks a go! as strange as it sounds you might actually like it:hmm:
Plenty of jobs around but you need to go and chase them down they won't Magically appear at your door.
If you don't have a "give it a go attitude" maybe a career change is a good idea:ok:

Ideal Line
23rd Dec 2007, 08:21
Oh dear goldy, you are going to get slaughtered.

That is the way it is on pprune. Frankly, I reckon you were lucky to get any helpful replies at all.

P.S. I would work on that spelling and grammar if I were you.

baffler15
23rd Dec 2007, 09:00
My suggestion is to give a job out in the sticks a go! as strange as it sounds you might actually like it

Echoing thedevil's sentiments, some of the best photos in my collection were taken in places where the nearest McDonalds is anywhere up to 3 days drive away! If you really enjoy flying and the different perspective it gives you on the world, you're robbing yourself of some great memories (and photos!) if you don't give it a go in the traditional GA proving grounds of the Top End.

This one taken between Burketown and Normanton:

http://photos-a.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sctm/v153/121/74/620020800/n620020800_748144_2226.jpg

Disclaimer: I have no experience in GA whatsoever - all memories gathered and photos taken at taxpayer's expense!:ok:

The Baffler

Towering Q
23rd Dec 2007, 10:11
the rest of u should get off this website because it is for ppl who want infomation not know it all privote pilots

2 posts and you think you know what this website is all about.:ugh:

Hasselhof
23rd Dec 2007, 10:27
2 posts and you think you know what this website is all about.:ugh:

Welcome to Web2.0

Sucks hey

goldypilot, stick to myspace and you might get the answers you want to hear.

goldypilot
23rd Dec 2007, 10:47
i am sorry about my spelling but it the way people talk to each other on the net is just plain rude. thanx for the advise and i will not be looking at pprune again it has dissapointed me. and thax again for the advise that was helpfull

ForkTailedDrKiller
23rd Dec 2007, 11:07
"i[change 'i' to 'I'] am sorry about my spelling[insert comma] but it [delete 'it'] the way people talk to each other on the net is just plain rude. t[change 't' to 'T']han[with a 'ks', rather than an 'x']x for the advis[advice with a 'c' rather than an 's']e[comma] [full-stop]and[delete the 'and'] i[capital 'I'] will not be looking at pprune[PPRuNe] again [as] it has diss[one 's' only]ap[p]ointed me.[replace the full-stop with a comma] and thax['thanks' rather than 'thax'] again for the advise[with a 'c' in the noun rather than an 's' as in the verb][insert comma] that was helpfull[conclude the sentence with a full-stop]"

Hmmmm, one hopes that you fly better than you write the Queen's english!

Dr :8

PS: Exactly what does a "comericial" licence qualify you to fly?

Towering Q
23rd Dec 2007, 11:13
goldypilot, the only way I can see you achieving your aim of getting work on the coast near the big smoke is to go down the instructing path.

It will take a lot longer to move on, if that is what you hope to do, as you will have to progress up the ranks to move into twin IFR training. These positions are highly sought after and not always easy to get into.

I can only agree with others, going west or north will provide you with a lifetime of memories, lifelong friends and a solid grounding in this industry....but you can do it by staying home too....it's just different.

Chadzat
23rd Dec 2007, 11:15
Heres a bit of advice! Pilots with that sort of attitude don't JUST get ridiculed on the internet.:=

There aren't many people that I know who want to work with a whiney little so and so who hates anywhere but the gold coast.

Towering Q
23rd Dec 2007, 11:24
goldypilot, stick to myspace and you might get the answers you want to hear.

They might be the answers he wants to hear but it doesn't mean they will be correct.

Sounds a bit like, "Will someone please tell me what I want to hear!"

spider331
23rd Dec 2007, 11:26
Hey Goldy.

Sorry you had to find out abou the industry this way but you did ask a question on pprune! It sounds like you were either taking the piss or fairly young and asking an honest question. Heres my advice given you are the latter.

To add to whats been said, I think you may be in for a rude shock if you are expecting to find your first job in the big smoke.

To gain the experience you need to get a GC job you either need to;
1.) Head towards the bush and get some hours under your belt (heaven knows you might even enjoy it - ask some people who have done it), or
2.) Know someone who will give you a job on the coast with your limited experience, and/or
3.) Accept that you want to live on the coast and that you will have to get a non-flying job while you wait for the industry to move along to the point that a GC flying opportunity is available to someone with your very limited experience. (i.e. a couple of years at least - oh and you will watch a lot of people steamroll you too!)

The industry certainly tests exactly how much people want to fly - many give the game away because it wasnt what they thought it was. I guess this is your first challenge.

Good Luck with it all anyhow. Heres hoping you get a lucky break.

tail wheel
23rd Dec 2007, 12:43
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/Woomera/Closed-1.gif