PDA

View Full Version : Confusion over PPL renewal/validity

trailingedge150
22nd Dec 2007, 23:33
Hey everyone,
it says on my PPL ratings page that my SEPL rating is valid until April and im going mad trying to get my head around LASORS!

Does this mean that I just need to have done the 12 hours flight time in the 12 months before this date (i think its 6 hours P1 please correct me if im wrong though!). Also what happens after that date then providing its still valid, do i need to send my logbook and licence back to the CAA and get a new validation date or can the CFI at my flying club make the entry? Thanks in advance for any help, hope you all have a lovely Christmas

:)

adverse-bump
22nd Dec 2007, 23:59
almost right!

if your sep is valid, you need 12 hours in the last 12 months, including 6 hrs p1 AND a flight of no less than 1 hour with a FI. (if you are with an airline, u can use your lpc/opc)

if you let it slip, then u must redo your skills test. which will prob involve some extra training.

trailingedge150
23rd Dec 2007, 00:22
Thanks for that adverse-bump, 2 years seems so far away when PPLs first issued! Taking long breaks between flyings such a bad idea :( so providing I have all the hours required by April and keep my SEP rating valid, what happens after this regarding a new validation date? Thanks again for your help

BEagle
23rd Dec 2007, 07:24
If you have met the revalidation requirements before the end of validity period, you then need to have your licence 'Rating - Certificate of Revalidation' page signed up by an Examiner, together with the appropriate form (download at http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/SRG1119.pdf ).

Send the completed form to the CAA.

There is nothing to pay to the CAA; neither should the Examiner charge you anything for signing your licence.

If you don't meet the 'hours' requirements, you will need to fly a 'revalidation LPC) with an Examiner; if you don't do this before the validity date, then you will need to fly a 'renewal LST' with an Examiner. In either case, he/she can then sign up your licence.

The 'renewal LST' is not the same as your original PPL Skill Test - it is a much simpler test and has virtually the same format as the 'revalidation LPC'.

All this should have been covered during your Aviation Law and Operational Procedures examination study.......