PDA

View Full Version : The Cabin Crew Treat Staff

Hippo
28th Oct 2000, 00:01
Quick query that some of you Cabin Crew flok might be able to answer for me-

Whenever I travel on personal travel with the airline I work for I seem to be treated differently to if I was a 'normal' passenger. Do cabin crew know if they have got staff flying on their flight? Do you treat them better ( - free champers ) or worse ( - spit in the gravy )?

Hippo. (If pig's can't fly then neither can I).

Slaaag
28th Oct 2000, 00:27
Sometimes we know via the check-in staff or from the pax manifest. Sometimes people get on and tell us and other times they just get on with their ID's hanging round their necks!!! But, it is true company staff get treated better (Only NICE ones!!!!)

Tarantella
28th Oct 2000, 12:59
Staff are usually served last, so full fare paying pax don't miss out on a meal choice.
Also they are generally identifiable in the cabin as they are the only economy class passengers wearing a suit! ;)
As with all customers, the nicer you are to your cabin crew, the more likely they are to be 'nicer' to you: it's human nature.

Xenia
28th Oct 2000, 15:06
Well...to be honest yesterday I identify one of my collegues seating all alone down the back coming back from CDG...note I've never worked with her before...but as it is my human nature to be nice to everybody...and especially to have a good relationship with my collegues....team work...remember??? I offered her a business meal that was extra instead of an economy meal that expected her..
I also find that I get treated very well when I fly as a pax in my airline...it's not written down in the manual...but this is just the way we get on....we care for each others...and this include not only cabin crew but also pilots, ground staff and so on....

------------------
*************************Happy Landings! :)

Avman
2nd Nov 2000, 04:30
And don't forget air traffic controllers too!

PaulDeGearup
5th Nov 2000, 20:18
As the airfame driver ( sorry to jump in to the fray here) if I see crew getting on, esp in uniform and they are from another carrier, I always ask my No 1 to seat them in business if we have the space, even if we can't offer them a business meal. Just that little bit more comfy and they don't get asked daft questions by their fellow travelers. Also gets then off faster at the other end.

mutt
6th Nov 2000, 11:07
Nice idea PaulDeGearup, but picture this….

Jumpseating to London one fine summers day, the Supervisor walks in to the Captain….. “Sir there are 29 Air ******** crew looking for upgrade….”

Mutt

captcat
6th Nov 2000, 13:49
I consider airline workers as collegues, and offer an upgrade whenever possible (sometimes Captains refuse because had refusals from the airline the pax belongs).
I had upgradings too and know how nice this can be.

PaulDeGearup
6th Nov 2000, 18:54
Mutt,
First thing is my crew never call me Sir; left the Queen's Flying Club to get rid of that bulls**t. Secondly, crew travewlling in uniform or on duty invariably NEVER ask for an upgrade. If you can help out a coleague with a small kindness, regardles of which airline they work for, why not?