PDA

View Full Version : APPALLING ABOUT PSRS

irishflyer
25th Oct 2000, 13:40
I CANNOT BELIEVE THAT THERE ARE PSRS AROUND AFTER 20YRS-25YRS FLYING THAT DO NOT KNOW THE NEW CLUB OR W/T SVCE.
JUST RETURNED FROM A BCK TO BACK HAVING CARRIED MY PSR THE WHOLE WAY.
REALLY WANTED TO BRING HIM TO THE OFFICE.
DID NOT EVEN KNOW HOW TO SET UP THE DRINKS TROLLEY IN CLUB,OR ANYTHING ELSE ABOUT THE NEW MEAL SVCE.
NOT TO MENTION ABOUT THE BREAKS OR A CUP OF TEA.
I AM WORN OUT FROM CARRYING PEOPLE!!

ANY COMMENTS ON HOW WE CAN GET THESE PEOPLE TO LEAVE THE COMPANY OR BROUGHT IN TO THE OFFICE WITHOUT CAUSING A RUMPAS??

AFTER 14 YEARS OF FLYING IF I DID THE SAME ON BOARD I WOULD BE OUT OF A JOB!!

THE ANSWER FROM THIS PSR TO ME WAS
"BUT I ONLY WORK IN FIRST""

mik
25th Oct 2000, 15:48
Please don't shout.

SussexAirwaysPurser
27th Oct 2000, 17:32
I don't want to start any inter-rank bitching here, but I feel as if us seniors are being tarred with the same brush here.

As for LGW WW many Psrs & CSDs have noticed that standards on the fleet have noticably dropped since the large influx of ex-Eurofleet crew....main areas of concern;
- constant flouting of uniform standards
- questioning of senior crew decisions, esp where rest is concerned...I was recently asked how long a rest we were getting in the bunks on a Lagos 5 hr55 flight time!!!
- cutting corners where the service was concerned...can't remember the last time that I wasn't whinged at when I asked crew to do a mid flight bar round.

Whilst I don't want to tar all main crew with the same brush I can assure you Irishflyer that my job has certainly become a lot more stressful during the last couple of years.

One last comment now directed at a small minority of main crew concerning the old vs new contract.....I can't believe I still hear moans on the subject....just remember many of us oldies fought against this a few years ago & what resulted was the best of a bad deal for everyone....at the end of the day why sign the contract if you don't agree with it???

irishflyer
28th Oct 2000, 15:29
JUST TO VERIFY TO THE SUSSEXPURSER.

I THINK YOU HAVE MISSED MY POINT.
I AM ALSO ON THE OLD CONTRACT AND I FIRMLY BELIEVE IN STANDARDS AND SENIORITY AND GIVING EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE,AFTER 14 YEARS OF FLYING LONG HAUL AND SETTING UP 2 NEW AIRLINES.

MY POINT THAT I WAS MAKING WAS THAT THESE 2 PURSERS DID NOT HAVE A CLUE OF THE CLUB OR W/T SERVICE AFTER 25 YRS OF FLYING AND THIS IS REALLY NOT ACCEPTABLE!!
BECAUSE THE 3 PURSERS WERE SO SENIOR THEY HAD NO CHOICE BUT ONE OF THEM IN CLUB AND THE OTHER DOWN THE BACK.
BUT THEY ONLY EVER WORK IN FIRST.
HOW ABOUT GIVING OUT ALL THE WRONG SPL MEALS IN W/T BECAUSE SHE LOOKED AT THE WRONG PAX LIST--THE ONE FROM THE INBOUND FLIGHT INSTEAD OF THE OUTBOUND!!!
I COULD GO ON AND ON.
I WORK MY BUT OFF ON EVERY FLIGHT AND LOVE IT AS THAT IS WHAT WE ARE GETTING PAID FOR BUT I AM SORRRY THESE PSRS NEED A KICK IN THE PANTS!!!

YOU MUST BE ONE OF THE HARDWORKING ONES AND EVEN IF YOU NEVER WORK IN THESE 2 CABINS YOU WOULD STILL OBSERVE AND KNOW THE SERVICE.

THE W/T PSR SAID "OH I CANNOT GO OUT INTO THE CABIN WHEN I AM TIRED AND FACE ALL THOSE PEOPLE FOR B/FAST.
WELL MY DEAR YOU SHOULD TAKE RETIREMENT!!!

SussexAirwaysPurser
28th Oct 2000, 18:57
Point taken irishflyer....but as mik says please don't shout.

RTGo
28th Oct 2000, 23:41
When the chips are down and the S**t hits the fan,it's the experience that wins through every time. After all that's why were here.
Next time, make the difference and tell them,
then you won't have to whine on here.
best of luck

Porcupine
29th Oct 2000, 13:29
Not so much shouting ,more like screaming.

numero-uno
4th Nov 2000, 00:22
Sorry Irishflyer, I will tend to lean more along SussexAirwaysPurser, the standard of Cabin Crew world wide has dropped and not just in the UK.
Rightly so when she says that we've tried to inculcate the concept of teamwork only to get shafted or looks of awe when you ask for something to be done.
I don't blame the newbies though as much as the older crowd who seem contrarily to the majority of the pursers/csd's unable to adapt to the changing times.

Breaks, wake up and smell the coffee, when and how often to Pursers take a break???
Yet you readily ask for one and regardless of flight time or situation you would probably raise hell for not getting it.
I am glad I don't have the likes of you on my flights, or not yet.

captcat
5th Nov 2000, 19:28
It looks like to me more of a F/A management and supervision problem rather than a pursers' itself.
If they really are so bad, how come they are not checked in flight and in case grounded for additional RT?

Bored_titless
7th Nov 2000, 20:03
I assume you work for BA.

Surely a note, anonymous if needed, to the CSD before those pursers next flights might help.