PDA

View Full Version : Commuting Roster in Qatar Airways

ramiyns
22nd Dec 2007, 02:56
Dear colleges,

We are on the verge of having a new management taking the helm in Qatar Airways.

The commuting is on the mind of a lot of pilots,With many pilots coming from far a way land and for some reasons their families can not be with in Doha.

It's not always Money that keeps piots happy and stay.

There are so many options: 8 concective days off a month, 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off,4 weeks on and 2 weeks off,6 weeks on and 2 weeks off.
At the end the company will get what it need from the pilots,the 900h a year. It's only a matter of using AIMS more efficintly.

I am sure the number of pilots wishing to commute not so great for the company cater for.

Qatar Airways will be the first company in the middle-east to do this, And let Qatar Airways be for once the pioneer.

Please if you read this care to voice your opinion,and preferred option. And let us show the company how valid this issue is.

This will be open voting on this issue.

Eid mubarak,merry Xmas ,Happy New Year to all of you

Regards and Safe Flying

Qatari515
22nd Dec 2007, 07:49
Good idea....

But if you seriously think that we have never tried to propose this to the manage,ent than you must be very naive!

And if you think that its up to flight ops mngmnt to decide things like this , think again.

Its the little man who decides things like this, and so far he said NO!

And if you do see QR as an innovative company, once more think again. Firts EK or EY will start comuting rosters, and only and maybe than QR will follow!

Anyhow....Good luck with your plan. If you succeed, my wife and I will be gratefull forever!

:ok:

Cloth Ears
22nd Dec 2007, 20:14
some how think 'Sir' rules the roost and really hope you get what you want but... the 'new' management are trying to change stuff (ex BA:= ) don't think that's for the best ? HR:sad::( consultants :(

Good luck :(

Tintin
23rd Dec 2007, 05:02
yep i'm in for that but the 6 weeks on 2 weeks of is not good, this is too long. Nas offering something like 35 on 31 off that can be very good also..