PDA

View Full Version : Rex interview

Super Ord
22nd Dec 2007, 02:05
Hi all,

have an interview with Rex in the new year, can anyone let me know what to expect with the interview & tech exam?. Also, what is the slary for a new FO?

any comments welcomed.

agcatman
22nd Dec 2007, 02:23
Hi Super Ord. sorry can't help you, but do you know if their requirements are still min 500hrs multi IFR.

Super Ord
22nd Dec 2007, 02:28
Have "heard" that they'll drop the total required down to around 350, as long as your total time is about 2000+.

On Guard
22nd Dec 2007, 03:29
Why not just go to an airline?

airjordan
22nd Dec 2007, 05:38
noticed recently on their website they have dropped the multi IFR magic number to 250 hrs.

Capt Wally
22nd Dec 2007, 05:46
.............some yrs ago now about 15 candidates (myself inc) did a Rex interview. Out of the guys & gals that I actually knew at the interview none got thru. 2 made it thru in the end, those 2 I didn't know but heard latter that they where from a twin piton background (as in their current employment was that) with lowish hrs. the guys I knew all had 1000's of hrs on turbines ( & some light jets) with lots of experience. Go figure ?:bored:

The tech stuff back then wasn't too bad, more a typical flight planning excercise using pax numbers, wx & fuel req on a mythical flight in the S340. Question time was fairly easy also, line pilot, HR person & a senior capt asking the usual q's, what's yr most scarey time whilst flying?......(felt like telling them every time I T/off !:}). And the most asked Q, why are you seeking employment with us?...........I asked myself that many times after the letdown !:bored: Still they did most of us a fav way back then. A few of the guys are now driving for real Co's in heavy metal:)

Just be you 'cause if you have to lie & bluff yr way thru any interview then you have decieved yourself also:)

Capt wally:)

p.s.............whoops just realised here...............it was a Kendall interview,sorry about that it was pre AN collapse, still may very well be the same setup.

no one
22nd Dec 2007, 06:26
Base salary just shy of $42,000 but after allowances looking more like $50,000 and off the website total time req'd 800, 250 multi pic and/or icus.

Cheers.

Howard Hughes
22nd Dec 2007, 06:33
Have a look here (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showpost.php?p=2120468&postcount=6), hasn't changed much, except the sim is in the Metro!:ok:

Capt Wally
22nd Dec 2007, 07:29
...excellent referal HH to a previous post.

CW

guidohatzis
22nd Dec 2007, 09:31
Nothing much has changed as far as I know. Mainly Basic IFR and the usual HR type questions...

pig dog
22nd Dec 2007, 09:37
Interviewer question #1: Have you ever been in an aeroplane before?

Answer: Yes.

Interviewer question #2: Do you have a pulse?

Answer: Yes.

Interviewer: Congratulations and welcome to REX.

Cruzer
22nd Dec 2007, 10:26
Don't waste your time...

Hamish Martin
8th Nov 2011, 04:56
have rex interview & am out of industry for a while.
[email protected] if anyone can help have a sim & interview on monday.
What is a cat C tech exam , what do they do for sim check & panel interview..
many thanks
Hamish

Cutter796
8th Nov 2011, 11:16
Good luck with it Martin, can't offer you much as it sounds like you are very prepared for it and have left nothing to chance.

Maybe a quick Haka on entry to the simulator will get you some extra points with the panel :ok:

Ultralights
9th Nov 2011, 00:30
after my experience with REX, it was more like..

Have you got a heartbeat? yes.
have you seen an aircraft before. yes.

sorry, too much experience for us, bye.