PDA

View Full Version : Delta Connection Academy

Aceninja
21st Dec 2007, 21:58
What do you guys think of DCA? I visited the school earlier this year and it seemed legit. The reason I like it is because they say 97% of their students get hired on as pilots. Sounds too good to be true, so I thought I'd enquire about it here. Anyone here currently going to DCA or know someone that does? If so please post your two cents. I really want to make an informed decision before I relocate to FL and take out a loan.... :)

Benzie
21st Dec 2007, 22:27
I spent 6 months with DCA in Sanford FL. PM me for more info.

Nichibei Aviation
22nd Dec 2007, 03:08
The reason I like it is because they say 97% of their students get hired on as pilots. Sounds too good to be true,

I think it is more relevant to know within what timespan they get hired.
I don't think many do a full frozen ATPL to never fly commercially thereafter.
And also, FTO always say a bit what they want because no one is able to prove that those statistics could be wrong, only the FTO has the numbers, only the FTO has the data.

1Bingo
23rd Dec 2007, 09:24
I did some JAA training there in Apr 05 to earn PPL, single and multi. The JAA school closed that fall. While there, I learned that it is quite the fledgling pilot factory, but proper Part 141 training and curriculum. I understand that once you become instructor, part of the contract is to stick around and teach for a year before they provide you with your 'guaranteed' interview with a regional carrier.

Appears to be a good, organized way to get into the business, but you must be able to afford the program and minimal instructor pay for a year. I'm sure they have a financing program for students.

Cheers,

1 Bingo

harsh_bhandari
27th Dec 2007, 14:48
hello,
I am also an aspiring pilot. this is to tell you i have decided on to go to DCA for my training.I have decided on DCA because its maintanance and track records are excellent and more importantly it has its own airliner... so thats make it better and diff from others...