PDA

View Full Version : Switching from DESO to DEFO?

Glacier1900
21st Dec 2007, 19:12
When I completed the first interview I was on an aircraft that qualified me for the DESO program. Since then I started to fly an aircraft that would qualify me for the DEFO program (in about 700 hrs.) I have a SO final interview coming up. I don't want to jeapordize my chance at the SO position but I would prefer the FO spot. Would it be out of line to email or call them and ask if this is an option? Would I have to do the initial interview again? Should I ask in HK when i'm there? Has anyone tried any of this before? Have people got the FO spot with less than 1000 hrs on the required aircraft?
Much appreciated.

Glacier1900
21st Dec 2007, 21:15
Thanks for the info.
I have all the requirements but i'm about 700 short of the 1000 Jet Airline. I will have it in about a year though.
Did you re-interview for the FO? Did you mention it to anybody (your experience?)
I wouldn't mind the SO job but would prefer the FO one.

HeavyWrenchFlyer
22nd Dec 2007, 08:18
I did exactly that. I got a call for the DESO, said ok then emailed them and asked if I could be considered for the DEFO position and that moving to Hong Kong was out of the question for me at the moment. They responded that I don't have the competetive jet time for it, I was short 1000 hours. So I asked if they could put my application in the DEFO pile, and they did without any problem. They called me for the DEFO a year and a couple of updates later. They'll ask you during the interview if you now would take the DESO if that's what they end up offering you and you have to say yes whether you'll actuallytake it or not.

So no, it's not an issue for them if you tell them you want to wait until you have the DEFO mins. They're too desperate to attract people here.

I wish it would've been a big deal to them and they had thrown my app. in the trash.

cheers

MAX
22nd Dec 2007, 08:33
If you are serious then you have a much better chance by asking NOW. They are pretty desperate and once you're in as a SO they introduce obstacles aplenty to make early transition punishing and frustrating.

MAX:cool:

RedLiner
12th Jan 2008, 18:17
Hmmm..So what are the competitive mins. for DEFO & DESO these days?