PDA

View Full Version : eos airlines london base

shineyjet767
21st Dec 2007, 16:33
eos airlines have announced today that they are opening a base at stansted and are looking for cabin crew. does anyone know anything more about this?

crewboy
22nd Dec 2007, 11:44
Hi,

Thanks for that info. Where did you hear about this. I went on their website but I can only see Crew recruitment for American based Crew.

Thanks

Crewboy :ok:

MakingaSplash
23rd Dec 2007, 08:39
Through doing a search I found this www.airlinerecruitment-eos.com

Sounds really interesting, may well be tempted to apply. They provide accommodation during training too, which always helps! :)

crewboy
23rd Dec 2007, 16:38
Hey Makingasplash,

Thanks for the website, I was coming on here to post the very same webpage as I found it and applied this morning but you got there first.
Thanks for posting it anyway I appreciate your kindness.

Goodluck with your application

Crewboy:ok:

Sweenster
28th Dec 2007, 16:05
Anybody know what the pay is like?

virgincrew99
28th Dec 2007, 17:17
hi i heard on the grape vine you would be lucky to clear £1000 after tax with EOS shame really it looked attractive opportunity and was dead keen on it !guess I'm going to still have to complete my ba application, also been told they dont recieve allowances but who knows hopefully someone else will be able to shed some more light on this! and prove me wrong

dollydaydream
28th Dec 2007, 18:59
Can I ask which grapevine? On the website there is no information about pay or number of trips, at least that I can see. Would be nice to know!

How reliable is your grapevine?

bmedbabe
28th Dec 2007, 21:24
if it is a new base then how does anybody know what the pay is like?

Sweenster
29th Dec 2007, 00:47
It's not a new base is it, they need more crew due to them increasing the size of there aircraft fleet.

richterscale10
30th Dec 2007, 19:17
Anyone out there work for EOS? What they like?

tofster
30th Dec 2007, 19:23
Sweenster it IS a new base. They are a US based carrier and are opening a London base.

SouBE
30th Dec 2007, 19:45
If they are opening a London base, chances are the pay may well be different from that of the American crew.

I work for an airline which was Canadian based, but opened a base in the LGW last year; our pay is different from our colleagues in Canada as are T&C's.

I've got my application in, would be interesting to hear once anyone's got any more info on pay etc etc.

tofster
30th Dec 2007, 20:17
It says US based crew paid $32.00 an hour (block hours)
However there are differences already, it says that UK crew will paid whilst on training whereas US based crew are not. Says training is in the US. Sounds pretty exciting if you ask me!

diesel36
4th Jan 2008, 19:02
Ive had a email today asking me to ring them for next step of

application process, anyone know what they ask or next stage.

Cheers

Alann
4th Jan 2008, 19:21
Hi Diesel,

I've also received that email.
I'm planning on calling them tomorrow.
Has anybody already called 'em?

diesel36
4th Jan 2008, 20:01
Alann

im going to call tmrw too.

hopefully find out what the money and flight pay is like

or might have to wait till interview if we get one.

SuperBoy
5th Jan 2008, 11:00
I could be wrong, but it doesn't bode well if you actually have to ring them and not vice versa.:uhoh:

diesel36
5th Jan 2008, 11:48
Well not really as after you spoke to qantas you have to ring them,

Does it not bode well for them either:ugh:

ladyflyby
5th Jan 2008, 11:53
It is exactly the same process as Etihad. You call and they ask certain questions again - height, age etc... and why you want to work for Eos.

transwede
5th Jan 2008, 13:51
Has any applicant heard that they have been unsuccessful after they sent application?

SouBE
7th Jan 2008, 11:25
Yep - had email from them declining my application.

diesel36
7th Jan 2008, 12:27
Ive spoke to them today and got a interview

anyone know of a cheap b+b at stansted

Princess79
8th Jan 2008, 21:48
Hello does anyone know what the telephone call consists off? Is it an interview or just basic stuff like passport numbers etc?

Trayliner
9th Jan 2008, 10:52
THe telephone call was just to confirm your address and age, current employer and email address. Told me where the interview was at 1000 and thet they would't take any late comers....... Mine's o the 15th, so if any one is going on the 14th, then let us know what the day is like. Good luck!

jaggirl
9th Jan 2008, 11:17
Hi Trayliner,

We are on the same day! Have heard only good things about company from mates in US so hopefully it should all go smoothly.

See you there:)

m-k.leppa
9th Jan 2008, 11:51
There's plenty in villge of Stansted Mountfidget only 5min from airport by train.

Princess79
9th Jan 2008, 12:49
I have an interview on the 15th too. Still waiting for the email with all the details, they said it may take up to 48hrs. Don't know why it would take that long to send an email:confused:.

Good luck everyone!!

Trayliner
9th Jan 2008, 14:43
Hey jaggirl

See you there:)

jetboy81
10th Jan 2008, 09:39
im on the 15th aswell!

cheers ,

JB

Helsflyer
12th Jan 2008, 10:22
Hi is anyone going on the 14th? very nervous and don't know what to expect :confused: has anyone any ideas what the day will be like?

Dott
12th Jan 2008, 10:39
Hi,

I am going on the 16th, but I haven't even got confirmation email yet.

Cheers

Princess79
14th Jan 2008, 16:34
Has anyone attended the interview today? Was just curious about the pay and conditions. Got an interview tomorrow, but not sure wether to go or not.

CaledonianGirl
15th Jan 2008, 09:37
Hello!

I hope you dont mind me asking but what was your Interview like with Eos? Im in 2 minds as to apply to them as I dont know anything about them, pay, conditions etc. Did you like the Company? Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks for your help. Cheers!

Hope it went well for you and Good Luck!

karen1963
15th Jan 2008, 11:53
Hi,
You'll find some good info on Eos if you go to www.cabincrew.com (http://www.cabincrew.com)
Select 'interviews' and scroll down to Eos London Base.

Hope it helps you!

Karen

dollydaydream
15th Jan 2008, 13:19
I believe they have stopped recruiting at the moment. over the 3 days they only wanted 30 crew.

newman1
15th Jan 2008, 17:50
Hi does anyone know if EOS ask for education certificates on registration and if so can you still continue the interview process without them.

thanks.

karen1963
19th Jan 2008, 10:31
Hi,
I attended EOS assessment last wednesday and they did not ask to see education certificates at registration.
I didn't get through to the interview but one girl who did said it was a very unusual 1 to 2 interview ie: one recruiter and two candidates (very odd),
and even then they didn't ask to see their certificates.

They are going to be coming over for more recruitment in the near future!

richterscale10
22nd Jan 2008, 06:20
Anyone that got through to an interview heard anything at all? The suspense is killing me !!
Good Luck to all involved anyway !

crewboy
1st Feb 2008, 21:25
Hey Guys,

Just wondering if anyone has heard the outcome of their interview, I mean, its been well over 10 dayss since interviews...

Cheers:ok:

richterscale10
2nd Feb 2008, 10:53
Me neither but I think some of them have as they are joining the airline in NYC in March !
Have a butchers on the rumours bit on cabincrew.com..............
Stomach is feeling a bit 'bottomless pit' the moment - may be will have a look at aviationjobsearch next :(

banewboi
21st Feb 2008, 15:06
Hi guys,

i spoke to the NY office yesterday and i spoke to the recruitment agency handling applications today, there's open days on the 11th/12thMarch, i'm on the 11th, does anyone attending the previous interview have any more substantial info? has anyone started yet? anther current employee's?

richterscale10
23rd Feb 2008, 02:21
Guys - a little info for you.....

Day starts with checking your application, papers, passport,photo etc..
Then you sit through the Eos presentation and are asked if you have ?'s at the end.
Then coffee....
Then you are each asked to give a short presentation about yourself - to include stuff like 'if your friends could describe you' .... in several different situations
Then more coffee....

Then whomever they dont want are asked to leave (in the nicest possible way)

The ones left over have lunch

After lunch we were put into groups and did the 'desert crash' scenario.
Then we had to do a 'battery' of questions regarding your personality, how you percieve customer service etc etc

The you have a one on one interview with a manager.....

A nice bunch of people ....................

banewboi
24th Feb 2008, 17:21
can i ask if you got an offer from them?

could you give us a clearer idea of working patterns, pay + allowances, time off down route, future expansion from stn everything?

cheers

richterscale10
24th Feb 2008, 21:08
Hi - I didn't get an offer and my perception is because I have been in Cab Svcs Mngmnt for some time already and they are looking for folks that do not have a pre-conceived idea of what their service is about - and I take this on board (s'cuse the pun) because you cant always teach an old dog new tricks and I am led to believe that the service and the crew are VERY supervised.
(Would still have liked a go though!)
The pay plan I found confusing as they pay a chock to chock rate of $32 - so that is off chocks STN - on chocks NYC and then they pay you a per diem per hour rate of $2 whilst away from base....was not made very clear how the standby rates were made up as you would do standby at the airport or work as ground crew assisting pax through to the lounge ......
With a mortgage and other responsibilities I think I would have found it hard to manage on this pay scale....
My understanding was that you would fly out on one day - arriving NYC that evening and get your rest and then be flying back the next day in the evening and arriving LON next morning but this would have to change with the amount of flts they are looking at putting on.....
Training is all done in NYC (6 weeks ) and I had no idea what pay we would recieve during training (not that it matters to me now anyway!)
I got the drift that they trained in a 'rote' way in that each passenger question would have a series of answers that the crew member would have the option to say - apparently the eastern airlines (eg Thai)do this.
Not convinced about the long term viability of the model as it must be very dependant on global bouyancy and with it being so very specific (ie NYC - LON and maybe 2 other destinations), but I wish them all the best anyway (even though they didn't want me!)
If you're not in a position where you are happy then I would say at least investigate these guys - nothing to lose!

Good Luck

banewboi
25th Feb 2008, 11:00
that's gr8, thanks, if you think of anything else please let us know