PDA

View Full Version : ek medical benifits after retirement

sealy101
21st Dec 2007, 15:31
do you get to keep your medical benefits in retirement.

camber
22nd Dec 2007, 05:33
My understanding is that you get free private medical insurance for 4 years, following retirement. You then get an option to fund the insurance yourself, coming in at a very cheap rate, without any medical check requirement. Your wife also has the same benefit, providing she is no younger than 5 years of your age. Hope this helps.

sealy101
22nd Dec 2007, 17:23
Thank You For Your Reply.

Sealy

Gillegan
23rd Dec 2007, 11:36
I would ask recruitment what their interpretation is. When the "benefit" was announced, it appeared to me that Americans were specifically excluded. Historically, the package has been geared towards British pilots as airline management is predominantly British, the Flight Ops managment has been "mostly" British and originally, British pilots made up the majority of the flight crews. If you get an answer, please post it as many here would be interested.

Wiley
23rd Dec 2007, 11:46
Gilleghan is correct. North America specifically excluded. A lump sum is paid in lieu to people from the US and Canada. I also thought it was for 3 years rather than 4, but am ready to be corrcted on that point.

dusty777
23rd Dec 2007, 19:23
Also, you now have to go to age 65 to qualify. Then if you last that long, you have 3 years coverage exept as you say, in the America's.
D7