PDA

View Full Version : Flight benefits at EK

Lugano
21st Dec 2007, 15:24
What sorts of benefits for flights to EK pilots get? I am seeing that sometimes a pilot might get a block of days in a row off. Is it possible to travel on those days off?

Most companies won't confirm a seat on an ID90 ticket. How about an ID50?

I have family in ZRH and it would be cool to go there for a couple days if the time permitted, but with full flights and no jumpseat priveleges I am wondering if it is realistic, even if I have to buy an ID50.

Is there any way to check loads in advance? Any way to book a seat short of buying a ticket outright?

Thanks!

Wizofoz
21st Dec 2007, 15:40
Hi Lugano,

Cat C which is basically ID50 is firm space. Seats are only released when they predict there will be excess capacity. I'm not aware of ZRH being an "Always full" destination (unlike Sydney!!) so I think you should be able to get there in non-peak periods.

The system is all on-line including a Flight loadings and predictions feature which gives you a good idea as to whether trying an ID 90 is worth it.

Hope that helps.

(Am I allowed to say that WTF, or am I exceeding my authority?)

Lugano
21st Dec 2007, 15:45
Wiz of Oz,

Thanks! That is exactly what I was looking for. Sounds not bad. And being online is a good thing.

BTW, WTF can mean a few different things I guess, but usually it's appropriate in this business!

:E

what_goes_up
21st Dec 2007, 16:08
Ciao Lugano

I usually do it on subload tickets (stand-by in other airlines) if travelling on my own (ca 150 CHF in business and 100 CHF in economy). With the family it depends on the predicted load. But never had any problems with 2 daily flights.

W_G_U

Lugano
21st Dec 2007, 16:42
Ciao!

Thanks