PDA

View Full Version : ek with dual citizenship

sealy101
21st Dec 2007, 04:34
I was wondering what citizenship would be better to use US or UK
I am a dual citizen

bluepacific
21st Dec 2007, 05:07
If you hold either Oz or US you must use that over your other passport. If you hold OZ and US then you can make the choice.
BP:ok:

sealy101
21st Dec 2007, 05:23
but i do not hold oz I hold uk and us I was born in england but now live in the usa

yada.yada.yada
21st Dec 2007, 07:15
Join using the US passport. I was in the exact same boat. I joined using the UK passport, but when the opportunity came to do JFK flights, I was told I would have to go and get a US visa.

So, I changed to the US.

This will save you A LOT of hassle.

yada.yada.yada
21st Dec 2007, 09:35
Join on the UK pasport and your ERP currency is the GBP. This means more AED for you to send back as USD.
Join on the US passport and all you'll ever get is the AED (which as we all know is pegged to the USD) salary.
No-brainer. Who cares about visas??????
But after posting this, they're probably onto you and will be waiting.
That is a load of horsesh*t.
ERP is based on your joining ADDRESS...NOT PASSPORT.
If you lived in the US before you join...you get no ERP. Simple as that. I went through all of this already...so don't listen to the mis-information from others.;)

Watchdog
21st Dec 2007, 13:31
yada,
rubbish! I could name a dozen pilots, including yours truly, whom joined from jobs/domicile in the UK but with nationalities/passorts not from UK - and guess what, we are not considered as being from UK for ALT/ERP etc :8

Sealy101,
if you can, go with the UK one, a US crew visa takes about 2 hours to get. :ok:

yada.yada.yada
21st Dec 2007, 14:03
Ok, go ahead and try...you'll see!

PositiveRate876
21st Dec 2007, 17:33
If you are a US citizen and enter the US using a foreign passport you will loose 30 min each time in a back room to explain to the not so friendly immigration officials why you are trying to fool them.

But you can try...

eahlund
22nd Dec 2007, 16:40
It is also Illegal to enter the US on a nonUS passport if you are an american citizen, same goes for the EU, ive got both..

BYMONEK
23rd Dec 2007, 00:01
Quote " ....a US crew visa takes about 2 hours to get"

Now is that 2 hours after the 2 you've spent in the queue at 6 in the morning and does it include another hour through security and waiting in line? Oh, and what about going back to pick it up?

To be totally honest, i'm only going on hearsay having not done it personally. I'm still waiting for the Company to roster me it as a duty instead of doing Company business on a day off!