PDA

View Full Version : christmas gitf from your boss?

apache
20th Dec 2007, 22:18
Probably touching a nerve here, but did ANYONE not in management actually get a card or (shock horror) a GIFT from their AVIATION company to say "merry christmas, thank you, and we appreciate you " ?

I know that CX pilots got their 13th month this month.... but what about us here in OZ?

TinDriver
20th Dec 2007, 23:31
I'll bet Ravan got a Mango.

Don't eat it all at once mate:ok:

Socket
20th Dec 2007, 23:32
HA HA HA HA HA HA, ouch. Just fell of my chair.

Like that is likely to happen, NOT.

We are lucky just to get paid in this business:rolleyes:

turbantime
20th Dec 2007, 23:51
When I worked for GAM, Steve Knott (RIP), used to give all of his staff a christmas card with $100 cash inside it. To me it meant a lot than just simply putting it in your bank account. I hope this tradition has continued.

In fact a funny story once transpired with him sending the ADL cards to us and SYD cards to adelaide....needless to say after a fair amount of scrambling the day before christmas we all got our bonuses!

Mustangbaz
21st Dec 2007, 00:29
I met a great boss of a aero engine business out of Archerfield who came to Redcliffe Aero Club for their Xmas party a few weeks ago, he told them that they would get to go flying, everyone thought C172, C150, Partenavia? what he did'nt tell them was that he had organised for 2 yaks for aerobatic flights out over moreton bay, those pilots flew from 1200 to 1700 non stop (apart from fuel) our little engineering facility at Hanger 3, Brisbane Airport gets a couple of chooks and some warm cold meats...........:(

rep
21st Dec 2007, 01:48
i bought my boss a "worlds worst boss" coffee mug

Beavers rule
21st Dec 2007, 01:59
Flying school on the Gold Coast not only put on a great Christmas bash for the staff a couple of weeks ago, no holds barred and transportation home. They also hosted a function for all their students yesterday, once again no holds barred. All the staff are heading home this afternoon with two arms full of goodies of their choice which will help with the Christmas cheer. We must have been really good this year.:ok:

blueloo
21st Dec 2007, 02:08
Apparently staff at QF this year are being given a wire wool enema. BYO vaseline.

Roger Copy Ta
21st Dec 2007, 03:04
I was given a nice juicy, larger than normal, pineapple.

It even came nicely gift wrapped so I couldn't tell what it was until the last minute and also included detailed instructions on how to insert it in the most efficient manner. :uhoh: :ooh:

Maybe jetstar will look at me now that I come with a pineapple pre-installed :ok: sweet.

Flight Me
21st Dec 2007, 03:48
Roger Copy Ta, did your pineapple com with the head still attached so as they can rip it out when you leave?:D
Cause when I started my job I got a second hand one along with a plunger to insert it, no instructions.:hmm:

For Xmas this year I got a nice big tall icy cold can of shut the $^%#up and and a washer cloth to clean up the seepage around the dirty old pineapple.

BAe32EP-Chief
21st Dec 2007, 04:18
Well our boss was and is nice;

There is about 20 of us, hired the local bus picked us up from our houses and dropped us at his place

Nice slap up Barbeque, Christmas Kringle. a hindsight of the year congratulated us all then proceeded to hand out christmas cards

No matter what rank a $500 cash was inserted and a meaningful message was included

And you wonder why there is very little turnover in our company and our last intake

Lasiorhinus
21st Dec 2007, 06:24
Well our boss was and is nice;... picked us up from our houses and dropped us at his place...Barbeque, Christmas Kringle. ...congratulated us all then proceeded to hand out christmas cards... $500 cash ...
And you wonder why there is very little turnover in our company and our last intake

Bloody hell, do you drive reindeer for Santa or something??:{

Good on you - and good on your boss, too!

Jabawocky
21st Dec 2007, 11:10
My guys are not in Aviation for work(PPL holders) however I gave them $1K after tax today and a promise of a pay rise in March in excess of twice CPI. I hope they stick around!

Otherwise that was a bad investment! Actually its not viewed that way, its just being fair and reasonable after they have done a great job!

J

PS.....I bought myself a classic GSXR 750, not real expensive at all, but classic!

SmokingHole
21st Dec 2007, 11:15
Christmas dinner last weekend for all staff and partners:D
'tongue-in-cheek' awards for all staff:}
frigde full of becks in the hangar thisarvo:ok:
and a Christmas card with a greenback in it.:ok:
No complaints here;)
Have a happy and safe Christmas fellow pruners.:ok:

May the **** flinging continue in 2008!

SH

Windy Chester
21st Dec 2007, 11:35
I would have to agree with you turbantime. Having also worked for Steve, Christmas time was something to look forward to. He sure knew how to put on a Christmas party.

Capn Bloggs
21st Dec 2007, 11:54
I got a cooler bag worth $5 made in China. The worst part was it has the company name splattered all over the front.

ravan
21st Dec 2007, 19:49
Dearest Tin Driver......
I know you would have missed your mango this year, but I did get offered mine.
Mind you, the boss didn't feel that he could offer it personally and say Merry Xmas; he sent one of the gingerbeers around with the case to offer everyone their "bonus". I politely declined and left my contribution to the boys in the hangar - hope they enjoyed it!:}

Howard Hughes
21st Dec 2007, 19:58
My guys are not in Aviation for work(PPL holders) however I gave them $1K after tax today and a promise of a pay rise in March in excess of twice CPI. I hope they stick around!

Otherwise that was a bad investment! Actually its not viewed that way, its just being fair and reasonable after they have done a great job!

J

PS.....I bought myself a classic GSXR 750, not real expensive at all, but classic!
Geez Jabba, I wanna come work for you, I got a PPL laying around here somewhere, I even have a Private IFR rating...:ok:

I got an email and an annual report, but of course I am not in it for the recognition, well maybe a little...:{

PCFlyer
21st Dec 2007, 22:14
I got a roster telling me i was working xmas eve and new years eve....

oh, but it did say Merry Christmas! :ouch:

Cypher
22nd Dec 2007, 09:02
Hey I got the same as PC Flyer...
And I got a overnight on Christmas Day...
http://www.sportsgamer.com/forums/images/smilies/mn/dammit.gif

Capt Wally
22nd Dec 2007, 10:09
...........we all got a xmas cake, of sorts.............just waiting on someone (management) to taste test them before the rest of us do likewise:)
..............:}

CW

ForkTailedDrKiller
22nd Dec 2007, 10:29
I got the usual.

SFA!

Dr :8

Ando1Bar
22nd Dec 2007, 11:02
I met a great boss of a aero engine business out of Archerfield who came to Redcliffe Aero Club for their Xmas party a few weeks ago, he told them that they would get to go flying, everyone thought C172, C150, Partenavia? what he did'nt tell them was that he had organised for 2 yaks for aerobatic flights out over moreton bay, those pilots flew from 1200 to 1700 non stop (apart from fuel) our little engineering facility at Hanger 3, Brisbane Airport gets a couple of chooks and some warm cold meats...........:(

Damn! Missed out on that one and everyone kept it a nice little secret from me...must have happened when I turned my back.

If only it was true.:hmm:

Unhinged
22nd Dec 2007, 12:02
I got told "we're quiet for the next while, so take some time off on full pay until we call you" (it isn't annual leave because I've used all of that up). "Oh and by the way, here's a bottle of your favourite scotch"

Amazing - and incredibly appreciated !

Thanks boss !!!

Yusef Danet
23rd Dec 2007, 01:30
$100 Westfield voucher, I believe. When I get to home base will confirm.

Currently bids of up to $90 cash going around the company for said voucher. I'll take it. No Westfield near my place.

kiwi chick
23rd Dec 2007, 01:37
I did!

I got $100 to spend on myself, and a pressie - which upon shaking and poking, appears to be wine, chocolates & biscuits! :ok:

What more does a girl need?! :E

However, I am my bosses' only Pilot.... :rolleyes: :)

FRQ Charlie Bravo
23rd Dec 2007, 01:56
Hangar party with beer, snags and munchies provided. Opposition was welcomed too.

Good fun had by all methinks.

Capt Wally
23rd Dec 2007, 07:12
..................hmmmmm Kiwi chick seeing as you got wine, chockies & biscuits for xmas I was wondering what yr going to spend the cash on?:)
Must be a girl thingy to get all that !:)
And seeing as yr the bosses only pilot who's the boss whilst airborne?:)

Hope you enjoy yr xmas but leave some for us a few hrs latter ok?:)

CW:)

Horatio Leafblower
23rd Dec 2007, 12:40
Boss and I ate and drank through $120 on the last overnight of the year and he dropped round on the first day of the holidays to deliver a $50 bottle of red and a nice little pressie for Mrs Leafblower.

Like Kiwi Chick, I am the only pillock on staff ...:bored: