PDA

View Full Version : Please be brutal

2ndGen
20th Dec 2007, 10:57
I just did my psych testing today (skills still broken) finished verbal in given time, got a rude shock with math and got maybe just over half and about 75% of the others finished. Would anyone agree with my hunch that this isn't good enough? I got the email that I had testing in FIVE DAYS TIME on a saturday in the middle of a work trip so could organise zero until tuesday arvo (was working on nullarbor no comms) and was totally stuffed about by CASA who lost my form for pre-requisite report, had to make countless calls ie screaming matches to CASA this morning to have it faxed to the post office at Sydney Domestic on my way to the test. Turned up to the test organised with everything but completely and utterly exhausted, really concerned. But I want to know your opinions. Also, I know they say there are no 'right' answers in the motivational etc questionnaire but what are they really looking for? I thought it was ridiculous, having to pick a 'least' from a list of good qualities I believe i posess was really difficult not to say demoralising. Gee am I a control freak or an emotional wreck? Am I totally disorganised or do I lack any vestige of imagination or creativity??? :ugh:

Capt Wally
20th Dec 2007, 11:35
...................you did well. if you make it then they deserve you, if you don't make it then they don't deserve you & yr charactor is stronger for it.
Stay focussed, there's a 'place' for everyone who has the determination, you have displayed just that:)

Good luck

Capt Wally:)

Brown Cow
20th Dec 2007, 21:16
G'day mate, I did the testing about 3 weeks ago. I felt I did ok on english diagrams and cubes but felt like I stuffed the maths also, but was lucky enough to get invited for the sim, so there is hope. I also agree about how ridiculous the behavioural questions are. They say to answer honestly but how can you when you have to give a most/least answer to things that don't apply to you? Crazy I reckon. Good Luck anyway, hope you get through

jumpuFOKKERjump
20th Dec 2007, 21:44
If you don't feel shattered afterwards you probably weren't taking it seriously enuf...

Mr. Hat
20th Dec 2007, 23:34
5 days notice? Really...

2ndGen
21st Dec 2007, 11:18
Trust me I was stuffed after it. Thanks for your help, after a night's sleep I feel a little more positive.