PDA

View Full Version : Best place to work in the ME

NGFellow
20th Dec 2007, 10:32
After being in South East Asia for almost 3 years, I am ready for a change. Wanted to get feedback on best places to be in the ME. I am looking at a company called Saudi ARAMCO, Emirates, Qatar, Ethihad etc. Anyone?My experience is TT around 10,000, 5000 jet, 4,000 PIC jet. My time is on Airbus and NG. Wife and 1 kid.

hotmj43
20th Dec 2007, 14:41
Check out Oman Air, NGs ......A330/787s to come.Muscat pleasant to live a nice cosmopolitan mix,lovely beaches and weather.:ok:

salamalikum2
21st Dec 2007, 14:55
The best place i donīt known, but the worst place probably Qatar (the most uncivilised,boring place in the gulf and slowly but surely it become as well the most expensive place in the gulf, Qatar has already the highest inflation rate :13%).And by the way this is not only my opinion,but the opinion as well from people from other GCC (gulf countries) working here...(even for them itīs a shock coming here).
So my wise advice: if you can avoid Qatar...just avoid it!
I do confirm Oman and Msucat is a lovely and friendly place.
Merry Xstmas.

loc22550
23rd Dec 2007, 06:53
At least a question for Qatar:
Wondering IF Qatar is willing to support terrorism in the future...?

Indeed a few days ago The "famous" Al JAZEERA channel web site releases a opinion poll : the Question was Simple:" Are you in FAVOR of those Bomb attacks "(there were talking about bomb attack commited in Algeria 2 weeks ago that killed more than 40 innocent people):ugh::ugh::ugh:
How come a Media can be soo stupid to release such a question!!!!!!!!!
After having observed the furious reaction of some concerned people (algerian and others, including the press there), Al JAzeera decide to withdraw immediatly this poll, by just mentioning that it was an error....!!!!!

Canīt believe that in a country where there is no Media freedom (everything is well controlled by the state of Qatar)..that this was just..an error!
Welcome to Qatar.