PDA

View Full Version : Dnpo (port Harcourt)

ZAZOO
20th Dec 2007, 08:56
Is DNPO open or not!

Whats the story in lagos, are we going to start flying in this week and whats the Notams going to read like into PHC.

Miss that airport, been a while, what is the current situation with the airport.

Anybody.

Zazoo

surely not
20th Dec 2007, 09:46
They're probably still rounding up the cattle from the runway!!

I wonder if they have taken advantage of this time to upgrade the terminal facilities as well?

Flying Touareg
20th Dec 2007, 11:10
i hear it is Friday.Siddon look however.:confused:

hotmj43
20th Dec 2007, 14:22
It was suppose to be a total revamp,i guess when we get in their we will see
what is a revamp,by government cosiderations.
Probably just a white wash paint job:yuk:

BALEWA
20th Dec 2007, 18:52
Enough mocking around by the NAA and all them authorities and open the airport o' jare, haba!!!

Look at the amount of money Nigerians have been paying flying to the NAF base for over a year now, this one is a phenomenal disgrace in Naija.

Open it please, its still 100 times better than Owerri and was 99 times better than Owerri when it was shut down.

B

ZAZOO
20th Dec 2007, 19:09
Flying Touareg that would be great, especially now with the Yelutide season and easterners returning from all over the world with there families.

Like Balewa reminded us, imagine, a family of four would be paying at least N100,000 to PHC and nothing less than N200,000 return :sad: to the NAF base, why.

Those incharge should also consider building a new longer and wider runway parallel to Rwy21 on its right side, towards the forest area, making the current runway 21L and the new one 21R.

This would help out a lot for the airport, a sound investment I would say, and end this Airport closed saga we have been having in PHC due to runway bruhaha's.

Zazoo

ZAZOO
23rd Dec 2007, 11:08
Morning Guy's, is the airport open!

Anyone:)

JABAG
23rd Dec 2007, 17:18
Hi guys,
I beleive the airport is open to daylight VFR traffic. Govr asking for 3000M vis for landing.
Chachangi went in there on Friday with a full house on the 727. However no runway lights and the terminal building is yet to receive it share of the revamp.
A shame as this could have been a realy big coup for the govet in terms of safety, public relations and employment.

Merry Chrismas every one.

;)

ZAZOO
24th Dec 2007, 17:12
Flew into PHC this morning with Chanchangi Airlines (Full House) departed Lagos at about 10:30am local, under the command of Capt. Petrowski.

Was great, felt good to fly into Omagwa, although they are only to operate daylight VFR operations, was informed by the captain that the ILS ground station was not working and the Runway lights were not working.

JABAG is right the terminal building is the same, sad, but on the other hand its still better than going into Owerri.

Good to be home.