PDA

View Full Version : Flight dispatch

Brutes
20th Dec 2007, 08:54
How many ops staff is required per operations room with standard 35 flights per day?
What equipment do you find most needed in Operations with regards to information?

sbh684b
21st Dec 2007, 07:38
Brutes, it all depends on the workload and software u use to prepare your flight plans.

The 35 flights u is referring to are they only domestic, international or a mix between the two. If its only domestic flights u will need 2 dispatchers for a day shift. something like 06H00-13H00 and 13H00 till 21H00. If its a mix u will need an extra person who just deals with the long haul flights as they take up allot more time to prepare.

Equipment u will need a PC with your flight planning software like SITA, Jeppesen or Lido. that PC must also have an internet connection to retrieve weather off the net if the flight planning software don’t have the latest. also use the internet to retrieve briefing packages and to see the latest weather charts. Then very important is to have a separate PC with only SITA loaded on it. As sito sometimes dont mix well with diferent programs and that its a stand alone PC with its own conetion.

then if u can spend a few more Rand's, is to have a seperate Pc with everyting backed up for if one of your PC's crash

hope this helps

amorski
26th May 2008, 12:35
Hi Gents!!!

I would appreciate if somebody can help me with this:
I work in small airline having three business jets and we are planning to use programm for flight plan calculating...
Which one would you advise to use for our situation?
Thank you in advanse!!!