PDA

View Full Version : AMEX

R998SEG
14th Oct 2000, 20:04
Hi there,

Thanks for your reply to my posting. I did not understand fully about the trasnferring situation. Do you think there is anyway I could transfer To LHR doing either short/longhaul or longhaul from LGW. I really dont like it here at EOG, I am on the verge of quitting.

I know its too soon to be putting in my application for a transfer, but when do you think it is most likely for me to transfer. Could I request to transfer from Jan 2001 or is that too soon.

I would really appreciate it if you could help me as it would give me a good indication on how things are done here.

Thanks

Matt

AMEX
15th Oct 2000, 00:04
Sorry but that's all I know about transferring from EOG to LHR. I haven't done it myself so my informations are more what I gathered from others who have been there and done that. Best you can do is:
-Talk to one of the union (or both) to find out exactly what are your options.
-Be patient because in the airline industry all is down to seniority so it's only a matter of time before you get your own choice.

Last piece of advice for tonight. Re-think about what you expect from the job, maybe (just a maybe), you'd rather do something else while still remaining in the airline business. There is nothing wrong with it, some of my friends have chosen to do that and they are much happier like that (while still enjoying the bits and bobs the airline can offer, including further/faster promotion). Cheers