PDA

View Full Version : Jeppesen dispatch courses

EMA747
19th Dec 2007, 18:39
I am very interested in taking the Jeppesen dispatch course FOM1 and FOM2 but am looking for some information about where to take it.

The options are Frankfurt, Dubai or Singapore. (You can't do it at Brisbane can you?). The Frankfurt and Dubai certificates are both issued by the UAE aviation authority right? In that case would it matter where I went? Does the course in Frankfurt teach you from a more Euro perspective or are they identical in content?

The Singapore one is on my list as it's issued by the Singapore Aviation Authority and there seems to be quite a lot more dispatch jobs in that part of the world. Plus there are more likely to employ a native English speaker than a European airline I guess. (I am from UK by the way).

Is there any difference in the quality of teaching and/or facilities one each of the three different courses?

Any comments really appreciated as I want to have all the facts before I decied on which course to do.

Andy S

merlinxx
19th Dec 2007, 21:13
Check yr PM

pratham
20th Dec 2007, 08:01
i guess someones doing the mentoring through pm's here ... LOL

i hope u got all the information brother ....

:ok:

pratham
22nd Dec 2007, 12:43
you may also like to tell us where did you get that statistics from ... i would be really happy if you could really put down facts rather than numbers which are made up by sumone ...

If you are talking about FAA licence then its a different story but if you talking about the GCAA license it has got a lot of value in the middleeast..

It is based on the FAA guidelines and the tests are accordingly prepared.

With all due respect sir i wish to get facts from you so that people are not misled.

As far as going to any other college is concerned i believe to say you cannot just go to a college just because some other college did not qualify someones personal standards..

I hope i have offended none and we are having a health discussion

cheers

pratham
24th Dec 2007, 14:11
Thank you for the information sir.
i had no idea of all those specifics and appreciate your expertise on the same.
I have a question for you if you would like to answer
As you spoke about Jepp Graduates , are you having an impression of all the students to be of the same nature or do you think there are people in sheffield too who do not know the answers ...? Just curious

I would be too young in this field and do not know much about the aviation allthough i am working hard towards it . i have enrolled myself to join the course in here so that i can find myself a job.

If i do it through sheffield i will have to return to my mother country after completing the course and would be in a negligible position to apply with a FAA license as to get a job in USA u need to be there to be interviewed isnt it !

i would appreciate if you could throw some light on how freshers should work their way in through this field

HAppy to see you in this forum and apologise if my words have caused any harm .
Cheers
Merr christmas

pratham
27th Dec 2007, 07:26
Thank you sir for all the advice, i would surely keep this thing in mind...!
have been at places where people dont get good opprtunities and i have always made the best out of it .... i hope with your advice many will be benefitted

Any more like me joining the course?