PDA

View Full Version : SHORT HAUL CC TO LONG HAUL AT BA

R998SEG
14th Oct 2000, 01:28
Hi AMEX, You seem as if you know quite a lot about cabin crew at BA.
I have just started working as cc with BA for EuroGatwick. I am currently in the middle of my training and am not too happy with things at the moment.
Since joing I heard that CC at EOG cannot apply for long haul for at least 4 years. Also with all the uncertainty surrounding short haul at gatwick, I really wished I hadnt applied for this airport, but this was the only choice available.
I would appreciate it if you had any information on the restructing at gatwick at what the implications may be for my fleet. If BA reduce the short haul routes, what are the chances of CC like me getting moved to long haul or eurofleet, as BA may not need much crew anymore?

I would really appreciate it if you could give me some information about the situation.

Thanks

Matt

AMEX
14th Oct 2000, 03:57
Not too sure about the EOG transfers but they are certainly in a greater number than they used to be. From where you are standing at the moment, I think you will have first to be transfered to LHR and then once there, be transfered onto longhaul. It will probably take quite a while and 4 years from now doesn't seem unreasonable. There is maybe a way for you to go straight from EOG to longhaul LGW but I don't know much about it.I have heard from EOG crew who joined not much earlier than you, that the rumor was going around LGW that if they wished to transfer longhaul after they had done so to LHR shorthaul, they will be sent back to longhaul LGW. Not true! once you are at LHR you can put your name on any list opened (Part time,lhaul LHR or LGW,concorde..).
Me think that if EOG doesn't require so many crew, then they will be shipped over to LHR, probably by seniority though so it could be good for you. A bit early to say more but we need time to see in actual fact where this is all heading. In the meantime, have fun and enjoy your BCN night stops! :)

[This message has been edited by AMEX (edited 14 October 2000).]