PDA

View Full Version : Any Middle of the Road fans out there?

J-NUS
19th Dec 2007, 13:49
Personally I thought Chirpy chirpy cheep cheep was their masterpiece, but others say Single Bed was its equal. Great songs.

Anyone disagree?

ScottyDoo
19th Dec 2007, 13:57
Nonsense.

I knew I had you picked as a musical ignorAnus. :rolleyes:

The apex of their very career HAD to be... Kailakee Kailakoo followed closely by the very darkly-themed Yellow River.

When Ken Andrew fell from grace (sniff sniff) they struggled and came out with I Can't Tell the Bottom from the Top" but then went downhill.

J-NUS
19th Dec 2007, 14:32
Hey, stop calling me A-NUS! I had so much trouble with the kids nicking the 'J' I swapped the 'A' for a '-'
I thought I had it sorted, but now this. My life is ruined.

ScottyDoo
19th Dec 2007, 14:41
I'm sorry, I hadn't noticed. I'm using one of those funny pommy keyboards where they've swapped some of the keys around - like the @ and the " for example. Them poms are a funny bunch, wot?

Kailakee Kailakoo was their best song ever. I think most people would agree and invite them to confirm this but I couldn't care less about the opinion of anyone who doesn't think so or whatever half-witted argument they might put forth for any other "best ever".

J-NUS
19th Dec 2007, 14:47
My definition of a great song is one that you can't get out of you head - isn't that right! :}

Oooooo Eeeeee! Chirpy chirpy cheep cheep, chirpy chirpy cheep cheep chirp!

ScottyDoo
19th Dec 2007, 14:49
Are you serious or is this all a piss-take?

If you are just winding people up I'll be adding you to my ignore list.

Are you a MOR fan or not?

J-NUS
19th Dec 2007, 14:58
Tsk, I'll give you a quote I found from the archives. Musical threads were not always conducted so.

"I mean, have a listen to Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep as an example.......can we just accept that pop music is a simple medium which occasionally rises above the dire? Musical snobbery is a most unedifying exhibition IMHO."

:{

ScottyDoo
19th Dec 2007, 15:03
Musical threads were, indeed, conducted just so and I can prove it. You'd know this if you weren't a johnny-cum-lately newcomer.

How long have you even been a member of PPRunE Anyway???

Where's my Ignore button???

Capt.KAOS
19th Dec 2007, 15:48
I was secretly in love with Sally...