PDA

View Full Version : BKK hotel recc

noflow
19th Dec 2007, 02:58
Arriving quite late into BKK (0200) and will need a hotel that isn't terribly distant from the airport. We're staying a couple of nights then headed out of town. Anyone have a hotel recc for us?

A300Man
19th Dec 2007, 16:26
If you are arriving into Suvarnabhumi (BKK) Airport on an international flight, the closest airport is the Novotel Suvarnabhumi, which is within the airport grounds and a seven minute ride by mini-bus. Slightly further afield (twenty minutes by taxi) is another Novotel, called the Novotel Bang-Na (I think). However, this is in a pretty uninspiring area and not a lot to do around the hotel.

Within the city of Bangkok itself, there are many major hotels and all the multiple chains have properties (Hiltons, Marriotts, Holiday Inns, Shangri-La, etc........) However, if you seek an ecomomical yet high standard hotel in the heart of the action, I can recommend the Hotel Triple Two Silom (so named as it occupies the address 222, Silom Road, Bangkok). It's close to the shopping and nightlife, whilst also being 30 minutes from the airport in the middle of the night, or one hour at other times.

My personal preference ("been there and done that" as far as the nightlife goes) is to stop at the Novotel inside the airport. Great bars, spa and restaurant.

If you are using the old (now low cost) terminal of Don Muang (DMK), the nearest hotel is the Amari Aiport hotel, connected to the building by walkway.

Good luck.