PDA

View Full Version : CPL Flight test valid only on certain a/c : DGCA?

spedfast
19th Dec 2007, 01:03
Hey
Can any throw some light on this? Due respect, those who converted foreign licenses to Indian may know this first hand.
An ATO in aus informed me that some students had to come back to him to do their australian CPL flight tests again on a 'recognized a/c" after DGCA refused to convert their licenses because the tests were on the Archer.
So now does one have to do the foreign CPL flight tests on a/c recognised by DGCA? bollocks if you ask me!
Any help appreciated
cheers

divinesoul
19th Dec 2007, 02:51
yes thats how the dgca wants it.

the SE types in India are C152/172 and Trinidad TB 20.
Also the ME types are seneca,PN 68,PA-30,beech baron 58,cessna C310 and BE76.
just go thru the a/c registry on DGCA website and u will know what a/c types are registered in India.

Same case wih medicals,They want both valid foreign and Indian class 1 at the time of submission of application for conversion.

spedfast
20th Dec 2007, 01:51
I can understand the bit about the medicals. Since your foreign license is only valid if the medical is current.
But the bit about the a/c type is insane. Surely, if I give my three 'Skill Tests' on the 152/172 etc and my CPL flight test on the Arrow, its alright.
DGCA has no business on what a/c type the FLight test is given on. It is only concerned about the day/night/IR skill tests.

The CPL flight test is different to the skill test, I beleive. And no where do th CAR's say anything about the flight test being on a type of a/c. It surely says something about the skill test being on the type registered in India, which you rightly pointed out.