PDA

View Full Version : PAL worried

glide182
18th Dec 2007, 23:13
Run brothers :D

http://www.newsweek.com/id/78116

Eight Ball
19th Dec 2007, 00:45
Well, if they didn't treat their pilots with contempt and disregard their rights for a better pay, then we wouldn't be having this news. Serves them right.

I myself who has put in an application was treated with hostility on initial contact and have not heard from them for almost a year now, let alone those people who are in the inside. Flight Ops has made it so difficult for me to get in by asking a mortgage security and a cash bond. :eek:

How can they ask me to put in a cash bond and ask for 5 years of service in return ? :ugh:....

They should be worried as I know a few more who is now seriously thinking of leaving. One should be happy in their position as they are the envy of most pilots in GA but it seems that what is happening is not all that rosey.:hmm:

Hello there Flight Ops, "Be Afraid, Be really afraid "

Their sister company Air Phil who is suppose to operate the Q300 this December couldn't get enough pilots. :(

jester_icarus
19th Dec 2007, 03:34
heres an idea... airline companys in the RP should have a liason between them and the ATO to expedite license conversion. I would pay for this service!!!!! its a lot more cost effective... just my 3 cents..

"keep the blue side up"

...is aviation fun or what!!!

parsifal
19th Dec 2007, 04:15
Is it really that bad there? Or it is just your painting of your wish that
PAL collapses?

Remember that if that happens many pilots, mechanics, cabin crew, etc. will be put out of work. Careful what we wish. It may come true.

Cessna1052
19th Dec 2007, 08:49
I believed PAL is doing good maintaining the number of pilots, what worries them I guessed is the fact that there is still lots of opportunities for the pilots seeking for better deals.

What the Airline have now is not enough to expand their operations, even if they have to buy and put in New aircrafts. And this is a disadvantage, as they cannot compete with all the Players around them.

I know Pinoy pilots are still very good, but that alone doesnt make an Airline. They dont invest too much into that.
Nowadays,They are more concern on how to improved the Cabin Services, by providing New and better airplanes for such operations, more comfortable cabin configurations,improved inflight entertainment system, better choices of Food onboard, more intellectual and caring Cabin crews, etc etc... And honestly, this are the factors that keeps passengers on coming back.

Most of the Airlines operate based on a specific Level. While most of them functions as Ambassadors of their countries expanding tourism to Passengers, PAL on the other hand stays on being an Airline Pang-Masa. Servicing balikbayans, bakasyonista(with the very affordable swing around packages) and OFWs(like myself). And for them, staying on that level is more profitable. Im not saying PAL doesnt carry foreign Pax. they do, but not Majority(maybe 10% ).

Sad but true that the Airline who has been known to be the Asia's First Airline, has grown Old and stopped coping up with the changing times.

It is time for PAL to look towards CEBPAC and other companies and learn from their success. The question is, Is PAL existing because they're successful or is it bec. they're just hanging on?

kapalmuks
21st Dec 2007, 01:39
PAL is a ****hole when it comes to how they treat labor. Mgt always points to labor for any shortcomings they have. They will never admit that they mismanage the airline. PAL deserves all problems it has for being bullies to its employees.

parsifal
23rd Dec 2007, 04:43
Those are nice and positive insights on the state of affairs at PAL, Sir! Instead of condemning it, we should try to help it recover from its difficulty. PAL and CEBU PACIFIC, I believe, will ultimately be the employers of choice for us, Filipino pilots. There maybe employment elsewhere in other lands but these things come at a price.

PAL management should heed the calls for change. It may need to change some personalities in the middle management so that new ways and approaches maybe introduced. The old ways and attitudes simply cannot bring the Company to where the future points - marching in cadence with the rest of the world airlines.

PAL owners should not reward loyalty with management positions. This practice is the pitfall of our government. The management pilots have become less effective because their decision-making are perceived by the pilot corps as biased and unprofessional.

paolylo
27th Dec 2007, 11:12
is it true that a couple of PAL's Jumbo Jets are under repair? :confused:

kurimaw
27th Dec 2007, 13:39
Sir paolylo....

in LTP....i've seen the N-751, N-752 & N-754PR this month.....
i don't know if they are performing A check or C check...

N753PR and RP-C8168.......haven't enter the apron yet....
but..i notice that N-754PR is frequently checked....

N - u.s registry?
F - france registry?
RP- philippine registry?

right?:confused:

it means that PAL has only owned a (1) 747-400, (14-1 = 13) A320 and (4) A319?

and other aircraft are leased????