PDA

View Full Version : New airlines into LHR

Habana2118
18th Dec 2007, 21:07
Anyone know whom will be handling Northwest, Delta and US Airways at LHR for their respective new flights starting next summer due to open skies?

Im sure Aviance will continue to expand as they seem by far the biggest agent at LHR at the mo

aex
19th Dec 2007, 10:58
I'd be surprised if Northwest was not handled by KLM Ground Services, I see Delta being handled by AFSL although never say never... US Airways who knows?

HHI OPS
12th Jan 2008, 13:38
I would say US Airways will be also handled by KLM

TCX69
13th Jan 2008, 22:14
Well according to Wikipedia US Airways will be operating out of T1 so I doubt they will be handled by KLM. But I think it's safe to say KLM will defo handle Northwest and more than likely Delta too.

HHI OPS
14th Jan 2008, 08:28
Sure,

It would make no sense if NWA would take any other handling then KLM ;)

aex
28th Jan 2008, 10:40
I think that Delta will be handled by Air France Services Limited as they will be checking all Delta and Air France flights to USA at the same desks. Delta and Air France will operate jointly between Heathrow and the US: JFK and Atlanta operated by Delta aircraft and crew and Los Angeles operated by Air France aircraft and crew.

As this is a strong partnership I'd be surprised if it did not include the ground handling too.

US Airways is member of Star Alliance, so I'd say United but they fly to a different terminal. So maybe Menzies, Aviance etc.

LHRKLBD
31st Jan 2008, 09:37
Aviance are Handeling US Airways out of T1

groundstargatwickops
31st Jan 2008, 20:29
NWA will be KLM they came to LGW the other day to view our handling of them!

TCX69
3rd Feb 2008, 13:25
Has it been decided yet where all the non-aligned airlines from T2 will be going? It all seems like such a mess at the mo!

From what I can gather:

T2>>T1 = Austrian, Croatia, Lufthansa, Swiss, TAP Portugal,
T2>>T3 = Clickair, Iberia
T2>>T4 = Aeroflot, Air Astana, Air France, Alitalia, China Eastern, CSA, Libyan Airlines, Syrianair, Tunisair
T2>>T? = Air Algerie, Air Seychelles, Air Transat, Azerbaijan, Bellview, Bulgaria Air, Luxair, Malév, Olympic, Royal Air Maroc, Sudan, Tarom, Ukraine Int'l, Uzbekistan, VARIG, Yemenia

And for the other terminals:

T3>>T1 = Air Canada, Air New Zealand, ANA, SAS, Singapore Airlines, Thai, United
T3>>T4 = Korean Air

T4>>T3 = Qantas

Anyone have any updates on the above?

TCX69

LHRKLBD
4th Feb 2008, 08:20
"Terminal Changes

Has it been decided yet where all the non-aligned airlines from T2 will be going? It all seems like such a mess at the mo!

From what I can gather:

T2>>T1 = Austrian, Croatia, Lufthansa, Swiss, TAP Portugal,
T2>>T3 = Clickair, Iberia
T2>>T4 = Aeroflot, Air Astana, Air France, Alitalia, China Eastern, CSA, Libyan Airlines, Syrianair, Tunisair
T2>>T? = Air Algerie, Air Seychelles, Air Transat, Azerbaijan, Bellview, Bulgaria Air, Luxair, Malév, Olympic, Royal Air Maroc, Sudan, Tarom, Ukraine Int'l, Uzbekistan, VARIG, Yemenia

And for the other terminals:

T3>>T1 = Air Canada, Air New Zealand, ANA, SAS, Singapore Airlines, Thai, United
T3>>T4 = Korean Air

T4>>T3 = Qantas"

Hi There,

Air Algerie, Air Seychelles, Air Transat, Azerbaijan, Bellview, Bulgaria Air, Luxair, Malév, Olympic, Royal Air Maroc, Sudan, Tarom, Ukraine Int'l, Uzbekistan, VARIG, Yemenia - will all be moving to T4.

Sinapore Airlines, SAS, Thai - Are staying in T3 till Heathrow East is complete.

boeingbus2002
6th Feb 2008, 22:20
Malev are coming back??
Thought they gave up all their slots at LHR last year to BA and now fly from LGW.
They do operate a codeshare..BA aircraft and crew.

Alan Tracey
7th Feb 2008, 21:33
If MALEV were to come back they would be T3 in the Oneworld grouping....

aroo
8th Feb 2008, 09:02
Are CO not also coming in and be handled by KLM?

LHR_777
11th Feb 2008, 19:00
Yes, CO are coming into Terminal 4, to be handled by KLM Ground Services, along with NW.

aroo
16th Feb 2008, 12:49
it will be awesome to work on a 762, never done that before. Just a shame we're not handling DL.

Just a thougth sure someone will shoot me down but wouldn't it make sense for KL and AF handling to merge?

aex
18th Feb 2008, 09:46
At the moment ground handling and maintenance are not involved in the Air France - KLM group. Ground services and maintenance are done by Air France or KLM owned ground handling agents. Even though funnily enough Air France does not provide ramp handling in CDG.

If they actually decided to merge the two it would be a sale, all airlines have sold their global handling agents...