View Full Version : Virgin To Australia

petemarnick
19th Apr 2000, 19:34
Does anyone have any more info on Virgin Atlantic flying to OZ. It's been flying round the company but nobody seems to no anything firm!!!

Virginia Plane
20th Apr 2000, 00:33
No, I don't Pete but I haven't spoken to you in over a year and I would very much like to. Unfortunately your e-mail address is unavailable so please e-mail me at [email protected]
You will remember me from my former Virgin cabin crew days before I became flightdeck.

Cheers matey
ViP

Denzil
24th Apr 2000, 14:21
Pete, have a look on the virgin forum, a few more rumours on there. How are you keeping, not working to hard I hope!

------------------
"Noted With Thanks"

flashdance
28th Apr 2000, 20:28
Rumours here in Australia are that after Virgin starts its domestic services in July, Virgin Atlantic may extend either its HKG or LAX routes down to Australia. At the moment, AN flies codeshares for Virgin on its HKG route. It would certainly make sense for Virgin to 'plug the gap' between its current international routes and its new domestic Australian network.

Denzil
29th Apr 2000, 03:57
The rumour of the HKG flight going to Australia 3 times a week was started last year. This was confirmed by a management decision to use 747-400 aircraft 3 times a week starting later this year. Two other rumours are using A340 aircraft from Dubai or 747-400's staging through Malaysia. It must be noted that the Ansett flight was never a codeshare, you had to use an Ansett flight number from HKG onwards.

------------------
"Noted With Thanks"