PDA

View Full Version : Phone Vid Clips to PC?

tony draper
18th Dec 2007, 20:31
Bro has one of these new fangled Nokia phones that takes pickies and short bursts of video,managed to figure out how to download em to PC Via the software supplied with the instrument and a USB cable, ok so far,did this next door on Bros puter and they play fine, sound vision in sync playback speed correct ect ,did exactly the same exercise on my puter and it does not playback at the correct speed,ie the video clips looks like a speeded up Charlie Chaplin film and the sound is like everybody has been breathing in helium,this is using the viewer that came with the Nokia software(works fine next door),tried playing them through windows Media player and the sound is fine but no picture at all.
Any idea what the problem is could be?
Only thing I can figure out is when I click on any other video file I have on my puter it is played through a utility I downloaded in order to watch downloaded youtube clips called "get video" I think perhaps the files from the Nokia are not compatable,although I think they are jpegs and they should be ok through windows media player.
Will be greatfull for any help
Tony
:confused:
oops! the video player is called Total Video Player the files are all called Get Video,ie get video 1...2 ...3 ect
ooops! oops! it is the still pictures that are jpegs of course the video clips say MP4

airborne_artist
19th Dec 2007, 06:14
You need to look at Get Video and look at the settings, options or what ever it's called. Sounds to me as though it's playing all movie files at one rate (movies are played in frames per second). The Nokia files are probably slower, and on your brother's PC are being played at that rate, but your PC is set to play all files at a faster rate, which is why they rush through.

Alternatively, play them in another media viewer such as Windows Media Player, by opening WMP, and then selecting the file you want to view.

tony draper
19th Dec 2007, 09:08
Think I has sussed it,when I played the clips on next doors puter the phone was still connected to it via the USB,it obviously drew the files from that and used the Nokia multimedia player whereas when I tried playing them on my machine I had just copied the folder containing the files across to the desktop,so when I opened them my machine tries to play em using Totall Video player, the phone uses summat called 3gp file format,file converting utilities are available to download so I'm gonna try that later.
One shall report back the results.
Tony

anotherthing
19th Dec 2007, 11:59
Tony,

think perhaps the files from the Nokia are not compatable,although I think they are jpegs and they should be ok through windows media player.

The files won't be Jpgs - not for a movie... Jpgs can make up a single frame of a movie (notmally 25 fps in UK), but a movie file itself will not be jpg format.

simountain1
20th Dec 2007, 00:00
Real Player is what you need to play 3gp videos on your PC. Windows Media player wont!
Install realplayer free from real.com open it when its installed and open the video file, it will tell you it needs to download an update. Let it do this and the file will play

simountain1
20th Dec 2007, 00:02
download real player from real.com
you will need to download an update to play 3gp files but it will do it automatically when you open the file