PDA

View Full Version : Air Macau F/O attacks Captain at dispatch

Arremeteu
18th Dec 2007, 15:21
Pilots all over the world, I would like to report a sequence of events, made by an F/O that mirrors the actual environment of Air Macau. Something that I am not proud of it, but that I have to Wright about. INDISCIPLINE!!!!Something really bad. I am not a shrink, but for sure I can see that he is a disturbed person, this F/O. I consider what happened, can and will lead to a very dangerous situation,. On a near by future flight, who knows? But this situation is a direct result of lack of authority and leadership from our actual management. They don’t do a thing nowadays, and this is just the beginning. For sure more fights will happen. Hate is growing among several other crew. They should do something, give a severe punishment on this event, an example. Make it a warning at the same time. But do something!!
I heard the F/O version from himself, and I heard the Captains version. But regardless of who thinks that he is right or wrong, I know that I am right. This was a severe act of indiscipline. Some action should be taken.
This is the story of an F/O who attacked 2 Captains, during the day, at Flight Operations, who gets drunk and reports sick, who fights everybody who doesn’t go his way. This is a sad story. Were not present some other Captains, for sure the F/O would severely beaten those Captains, or somebody else. It’s a very sad event, I hope I don’t see it happen on your Airline.
Now, let’s go to facts: almost 2 years ago, Air Macau has hired an F/O, with 500 propeller hours. He was already known as an unstable guy. When I mean unstable is because he was known to be already involved in a couple of fights in some bars here in Macau. He tells his stories as something he is proud of. Anyway Air Macau, still hired him. Example 1: Couple of months after his line release, he went to this party, and he got really drunk. Then, in front of more than 10 pilots, who could not believe in what they were witnessing, he started a big fight with a University student that was passing by. This guy didn’t do a thing to him, but the F/O got violent and attacked him. Two big F/O, friends of him that were there, immediately jumped in the middle, and stopped everything, and took him out. They asked for an apology, and left. He got lucky, otherwise??? To make it worse, he grabs the phone and reports sick for the next day duty. He had a flight scheduled, rostered, and he still got so drunk that he could not operate it?? Is this professional? He had guts to fight and report sick in front of other Captains and F/Os? Nice!!!!! Why nothing happened to him? Because he phoned everybody present on the next day, asking for an apology?? No way!! Because he bought the car of that time Vice President Flight Operations that was leaving this Company!!!!!! Very well played. Smart move man!!!!
Moving on, one year later he had an argument with another Captain at Flight Operations, both of them started to shout, and once again, regardless of who was right or not, he attacked this Captain. Other people went in the middle, and stopped everything. Dispatchers were stunned. Even then, the F/O continued shouting to this Captain and asking him to go to the car park, for a fight. What is this???? Rocky XX!!???!!!?? He should have been immediately arrested. The company should have fired him. But no, nothing happened because the actual VPFO, hates that Captain, and as a result, he gave a warning to this Captain, saying that he shouldn’t have provoked the F/O with his offensive words. Isn’t this crazy?? I don’t like that Captain, but I wouldn’t give him a warning. He was right! And besides that, he is an Airline Captain,. He should have some more respect. Or even if I would give him a warning, next day I would fire the F/O for indiscipline. Crazy days now at Aviation! Perhaps I am getting too old.
And now, the final act: This F/O one month ago, was offloaded from a flight by his Captain (again I don’t care who was right or wrong). Went back to Operations, met another Captain with whom he had already had some problems before, started an argument. Increased his tone of voice and simply took this Captain to a corner, and was going to hit him there when other pilots jumped in the middle. He still didn’t want to stop. He was shouting and asking him to remove his Captain jacket, and to go outside for a fight. He really wanted that. This is too much!! This is simply too much!! This is a lack of respect, discipline, immoral, non ethic and I could go on and on…. This guy is a dangerous guy, ready to explode at any time. Yes, during flights he is nice, makes me laugh, easygoing, but he is a time bomb clicking. Please somebody do something. Couple of months ago, we grounded a Captain, took some months salary of his salary, terminated his Company Benefits for a year, took his salary increment for 2007, and just because he landed with a passenger in the Cockpit that he invited. What about now??? Wake up gentleman! Something worst will happen!
Gentleman, this is a warning. I hope that you don’t have to witness a sad event like this in your Airline. I hope that other managements don’t go so blind on events like this. I really hope. To the F/O, I just would like to say, GO EASY BOY. ITS NOTORIOS THAT YOU ARE NOT MENT TO BE A PILOT. Choose another job, and get treatment. You are not well in your head. Do some tests, and try to understand in what you are really good at. Not as a pilot for sure. Maybe as a BOXEUR?? Who knows, but go for it. Get some help kid!!
CEO, VPFO, A320 Chief Pilot, Safety, somebody should do something. Other F/O are starting to be non standard, irresponsible and….. But don’t hide again. Show why you were chosen to be our managers and make a decision. Take care!!!!

act700
18th Dec 2007, 20:58
I know this guy in Brooklyn, Slim Joe, he may be able to help. Although he doesn't like travelling outside of the tri-state area...

D'pirate
19th Dec 2007, 07:24
Since "Slim Joe" isn't readily available how about whatever part of the Safety Management System of Air Macau dealing with CRM issues (that the AACM requires Air Macau to have) being informed? This would be confidential and perhaps more effective than airing "dirty linnen" on this forum? IF not available to you, perhaps a quiet cup of coffee with Don Carlos or Joe F. at AACM might be your last resort.

FRA2008
19th Dec 2007, 11:12
Message to Mr. Arremeteu,
Hi there Capt. XXXXX, It’s because of people like you that this company is heading this way, you think that what you are posting here on Pprune is constructive? Tell me what does the company or you benefit from all this? You like to see others people life falling apart, is it?
You are an evil person, you are a snake trying to poison everyone around you, and you should be ashamed of yourself.
If you call yourself a real man, why don’t you tell those things to your colleagues’ faces? Why do you hide behind a computer to make those accusations?
Get a life you poor bastard!!!!

Frogman1484
19th Dec 2007, 12:02
Is FRA2008 the FO that is kicking ass in Macau?:confused:

fightClubMacau
19th Dec 2007, 14:54
What is this? People fighting? In uniform? At dispatch?
Unheard of on other airline. Air Macau management, don't you hide behind close doors. Do something! Show us why you get your high salary, and why you were chosen to be our management. Capt D. What would you do if your F/O would turn to you, and ask you to step outside and FIGHT? What would you do? And you CP? And you brilliant Training Manager? And Safety? Safety? OOPPSS, a fight is not on the QAR so its not your responsibility? At least that's the way you think, right?! All of this is your responsibility and some action should be done. Punish pilots that shoot unstabillized approaches, and not anybody else? I don't understand! And i do agree with an AACM severe and quick intervention, but what power do they really have? We cannot forget that they also obey rules from Beijing and Beijing also owns Air Macau. So whats the point? This is a tuff subject, but easy to solve if in another country! Over here in Macau? Its hard to say.
Management, If you don't do a thing, it is going to get worse!
The way this is going now, next time, if i want to see a good fight, instead of turning on my pay per view cable TV, i will just go to Flight Ops. Then i will bring some beers, some nuts, take a seat and just wait a couple of hours. As soon as this fighters arrive, i will put my smile, and start to shout :
FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!
And enjoy my free show!

SeldomFixit
19th Dec 2007, 22:22
Was there a wife involved ? A boyfriend perhaps ? Both wanted number 6 for the upcoming nose wheel roulette ?

N1 Vibes
20th Dec 2007, 03:12
PPrune = Professional Pilotsrumour network

suggest take the advice given and report this to those people that can help. Not to the world on the WWW.

Brgd's

N1 Vibes

zhuhai-itcouldfly
20th Dec 2007, 11:15
Arremeteu,

You report something to the world when no one is asking - are you sure people outside care to know? Even posted the same topic in different forums here... you have a personality disorder, Arremeteu... no one gives enough attention to you in person?

As previously said in the previous posts, how do you find this to be a proper venue? I think you have a character flaw. And should transfer jobs - a tabloid reporter.:}

Also, check your spelling and grammar. My spelling and grammar is not good but check yours.... shameful. Then how can we think that you are professional and credible?

Be more professional, Arremeteu.

fightClubMacau
21st Dec 2007, 03:50
What is the message? What is the message from our management? What kind of rules should I follow? What kind of rules should the new twenty something First Officers follow?
1) Its not O.K. to bring a girl to the Flight Deck! If you do, F/O can and should report you (or not), but for sure we will ground you and take away your salary for a couple of months !So its not O.K. to do this.
2) Its O.K. to fight with Captains. We will not do you a thing, so keep on doing it!

Guys, You made some strong accusations to previous management. Now it is time for you to show us something. So please, Now What? What is your message?

N1 Vibes
21st Dec 2007, 10:58
fightclub/arremeteu

the answer to your dillema is simple - REPORT THE VIOLENCE TO THE POLICE.

Violence is never acceptable.

I'm pretty certain your punchy colleague will get the message and so will the company. If this persons behaviour is that destructive, then urgent measures may be required. As they say - sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind.

Brgd's

N1 Vibes

FRA2008
21st Dec 2007, 15:59
Well maybe it's time to tell what actually happened, otherwise people actually start believing all the bull posted by Arremeteu.

I don't know the F/O's past, I do not know if he was a person that got involved in fights or not, but even if he was, who the fu:mad:cares? There's nothing like a good fight when someone pisses you off, puts hair on your chest, makes a man out off you not a wimp!!!

But skipping to the actual event in flight dispatch, apparently the F/O had a flight with that Captain a few weeks before, and the Captain did something in that particular flight that the F/O did not agree, some procedure or something else, and calls it out to him.

The Captain tried to explain to the F/O what he was doing, but the F/O replied that he doesn't mind that he does it this way after all he's the PIC, but he just doesn't think it's correct.

A couple of weeks later they meet in flight dispatch and the Captain opens up the FCOM's and goes again with an explanation, the F/O just said that they had different interpretations from what they were reading.

The Captain snapped and told him only a STUPID person like yourself could not understand that, and that's when the F/O said to the Captain that it was unfair that he was using the four stripes on his jacket to attack him this way, and told him if you want to sink to that level take off your jacket and tell me I'm stupid to my face outside.

Some guys came and told them to cool off and they both left.

Now, this version was told from someone who was actually there and witnesses the whole thing, so boys before you start attacking people make sure you get the facts straight!!!:=

fightClubMacau
21st Dec 2007, 16:41
Fra, BLABLABLABLA! The facts are strait! You have no excuse to what you did! That’s a fact. You should have gone home after you were released from your duty and that’s it. No fight! Are you forgetting the previous fight at dispatch? And at the party? And reporting sick when you were drunk? I know that an investigation is going on. I know it will lead nowhere. We have a new and young management, and they don’t know what to do with you. One reason is that we are so short of F/O! But that should not be an excuse. Get some help, and don’t try to mislead other people. Environment at the deck is disturbed. People want something to be done. Authorities are aware of it, but they are waiting for Company to take action, otherwise they would had already intervene. Sorry for you, but no excuse. Regards,
And by the way, I am none of the Captains. What I just want is something to happen. LIKE EVERYBODY ELSE AROUND HERE! You are at this moment the shame of this Company!

FRA2008
22nd Dec 2007, 04:18
Hey you idiot of flight club crap, think first before you write.

I'm not the F/O that you are talking about, I'm a Captain with this airline and posting my opinion on this matter so don't turn it around.

I have a right to express my opinion on whatever subject, I do not care of the outcome of this case and does not affect me.

Judging by your hanger about this case you should be one of the Captains that the F/O pissed off!!! He must have done a good job!!!

Whatever come back or punches you might roll in, from now onwards I'm just going to ignore you and Arremeteu since you are the same person anyway, like I said this case does not affect me and I’m not gonna waist time talking about it, and especially not with you...

SeldomFixit
22nd Dec 2007, 05:58
Girls, girls, girls.....who won the nosewheel roulette ?

fightClubMacau
22nd Dec 2007, 07:00
Wrong and wrong again! I am not Arremeteu, and yes this should be everybodys concern since you work on this Airline. Its a serious matter. Besides that, why do you have to go so low and insult people? This site is an open forum and we dont have to insult people. You are really angry, nervous and.... Relax FRA!

CAT IIIB
23rd Dec 2007, 01:54
Dear Mr Arremeteu,

I have difficulty in understanding what is it all about due to your level of English Language proficiency.How's your Aviation English test?
Too bad you guys didn't win the war,the British and Americans did,so English is the 'lingua 'franca'.