PDA

View Full Version : DO you professionals still file flying saucer reports?

Captain Lockheed
18th Dec 2007, 14:51
Well, do ya?

'Might as well make it an interesting first post.

And I'd really like to know, it strikes me that given the high standards required of all pilots, and particularly professional ones, you'd have to be pretty damn sure of what you were seeing before reporting it..

Cheers, Steve C.

joehunt
18th Dec 2007, 14:58
No!

It is not the seeing and believing, that is at issue with me. Even with witnesses, the problem is convincing others who were not witnesses, of what we saw.:E

Union Jack
18th Dec 2007, 15:05
Generally only when they are "in their cups"?

Jack

PS Welcome to PPRuNe .......

joehunt
18th Dec 2007, 15:23
Hello again Captain

I suggest you go to the youtube website, punch in UFO in the search engine and you have all the info you really need. Some may well be fakes but all of them fakes?? Don't think so. Interesting ones before and during the 9/11 attacks on the WTC.

PS. I shall PM you in due coarse, re my own experiences on this subject.

Joe

sevenstrokeroll
18th Dec 2007, 23:27
Capt L

I would if I had seen a saucer...and I wanted to see a saucer. I've never seen anything even close to it.

I have seen a comet while in flight at night (and not the British jet).

I've seen the green flash at sunset.

But I've never seen anything I couldn't identify. Really. And I would have loved to have seen one.

dazdaz
19th Dec 2007, 15:37
Never seen a saucer, but a few years ago as pax I brought to the attention of one of the c/c a triangular shaped object on a flight to Malaga about 2:30ish pm over France.
I presume the member of c/c contacted the f/d as to this anomaly, I’m sure they did, reason being I took some really good pictures, (film Kodak 135m 200 iso) for some reason the security at Malaga insisted putting my camera through an x-ray scanner.
Arriving home two weeks later the ufo shots were totally (and also the next 31 exposures) ‘fogged’ no prints! Ummm?
Daz

411A
19th Dec 2007, 17:57
Hmmm, most of the 'flying saucers' that I have noticed turned out to be an Airboos that I was passing, doing M.86 in my trusty Lockheed three-holer...:}

ShyTorque
19th Dec 2007, 22:55
Without fail I always make a very detailed report.

But then I haven't actually seen one yet....... (they told me to say that).

BEagle
22nd Dec 2007, 09:52
Google 'CIRVIS'.........................

BlueDiamond
22nd Dec 2007, 10:22
... you'd have to be pretty damn sure of what you were seeing before reporting it..
Surely the whole idea of filing a UFO report is that you didn't know what you were seeing? If you knew what it was, it wouldn't be an unidentified flying object.

Welcome to JetBlast, Captain Lockheed ... don't take any of the inmates too seriously now ... :E

radeng
22nd Dec 2007, 15:03
Bluey,

Should you be bringing LOGIC into JB?

For years, I've been trying this argument, but nobody listens.....

BlueDiamond
22nd Dec 2007, 15:21
... Should you be bringing LOGIC into JB?
I do apologise, radeng, it was a momentary aberration ... it will not happen again. :uhoh: :p :E

chuks
22nd Dec 2007, 16:58
Did you know that UFOs are real? It is the US Air Force that doesn't exist! Don't tell anyone, though.

radeng
22nd Dec 2007, 17:19
Bluey,

Go and have a beer! Or even two or three......It will make you feel better