View Full Version : E M I R A T E S

B747-430
19th Jul 2000, 00:53
Good evening!

First of all I would like to introduce myself as a new user of pprune.com.

I´m a first officer with KLM and I am trying to find out some detailed information about Emirates. My little (24yrs.) sister wants to become a flight attendant and since she is very interested in the middle east region, that company would be some kind of "top choice", I assume ?! Could somebody tell me some facts about Emirates besides the information given on their homepage? What´s the training like, how about further training and not to forget the monthly income and benefits.

I appreciate your help and good night everybody.....

The German At The Flying Dutchman

Rod Eddington
20th Jul 2000, 14:25
wouldn't a 747-430 be Lufthansa???

demo dolly
23rd Jul 2000, 02:22
Emirates is really great... Compared to flying in Europe it is really luxury flying... The training is the best you can get .. fantastic sims, really in-depth safety traing... Dubai can be a great place to live, but don't leave any romantic interests back home because you really need to go with the idea that its agreat new starts... The salary is excellent too...
Good luck!

Cool emirates
31st Jul 2000, 15:27
Demo dolly welcome,
well Demo dolly said it all,
for more info on emirates, check the topic is the grass greener on the other side and
GF and EK crew pages will give you a good picture on what is going on , and who better to choose.

PS : demo dolly join our above pages.
aurevoir.

B747-430
11th Aug 2000, 15:06
Long time ago since I visited this board for the last time, but anyway.

Thank you for the information given so far. She recently sent her application to the company and we will see how far she will come.......

G´day and Happy Landings

alkair
14th Aug 2000, 00:15
Slightly different thread: Are there any american pilots flying for Emirates?

B747-430
14th Aug 2000, 03:29
I only know about one guy who used to fly A-310 for FEDEX. He´s now a first officer with Emirates. That´s all I can tell you.

G´day or good night, wherever you may be...
747-430