PDA

View Full Version : JetClub (UK)

COMMS2
18th Dec 2007, 12:08
Hi folks
Does anyone have any info on JetClub (FAB).
What aircraft do they operate, salary (Capt/FO's), roster pattern, etc.
Any info would be much appreciated! :rolleyes:

Gulfstreamaviator
18th Dec 2007, 14:35
The company is very good, with good aircraft, and the team is excelent.
There are reports that the senior management is slightly off track, but other than that long trips, long hours, and short notice. Ops Normal.

glf

jr of dallas
18th Dec 2007, 15:57
MMM...don't have the same opinion as my colleague above but only flew 4 months for them...if you need nothing that's fine

COMMS2
18th Dec 2007, 22:17
Hi,
Thanks for the reply.
Can you expand a little more. You worked for them for a few months!
How much did you fly and was the salary & benefits on par with the current market?

Jetscream 32
18th Dec 2007, 22:47
so comms 2 - are you a fully fledged posh driver or FO or wannabe? nothing like being choosy before you get a job is there...! :ugh:

bman0429
19th Dec 2007, 08:29
Jetclub,

Has G550's, Globals, a couple of embraers, a falcon, a challenger, and an augusta I think.

If you've been around the managed aircraft business then you know that 90% of the quality of the gig depends more on the client than the management company.

The T&C's vary widely.

Bman

Flintstone
19th Dec 2007, 08:50
so comms 2 - are you a fully fledged posh driver or FO or wannabe? nothing like being choosy before you get a job is there...!

Maybe I'm being a bit slow but are you saying he shouldn't ask about a company before he works there? I don't know about you but I'd do exactly the same.

COMMS2
19th Dec 2007, 23:00
I don't think there's any harm in feeling the water....Even if I was a low time pilot I would do the same. The market is plenty at the moment!
Pprune is the best way to seek advise.

Thanks to all for your feedback......All responses welcome! :D

coma pedrosa
2nd Jan 2008, 23:48
http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=228480

"Nutter!!!!"

would be highly insulting to all the nutters in this industry (ie most of us)

The worst move I ever made was joining

But Its not all bad, every cloud has a silver lining

The Best move was Leaving

joehunt
4th Jan 2008, 11:19
Conditions vary. Hmmm...so sounds like everyone is on a different deal. Really good for moral that. Doing the same job, one should get the same pay, with of course yearly increments.

I met him once and was not impressed at all.

Hope he starts feeling the pinch with the pilot shortage.

bman0429
4th Jan 2008, 11:42
"Conditions vary. Hmmm...so sounds like everyone is on a different deal. Really good for moral that. Doing the same job, one should get the same pay, with of course yearly increments."

I couldn't disagree with you more! Each aircraft is its own seperate entity with seperate cost structures. This varies based upon usage, location, aircraft type/age, and owner preferences. Each crew has its own seperate demands placed upon it by that operation. Very few if any are shared amongst the various operations. Meaning one set of crews for each aircraft. If it truly were interchangeable and everyone did the same job then I would agree (ala netjets or an airline), but it is not.

Remember one never is paid what they are worth, one is paid what he/she negotiates.

joehunt
4th Jan 2008, 21:49
..........one is paid what he/she negotiates."

This is exactly the piont I am trying to get across. Everyone on a different deal, negotiated, so therefore no transparency. This sounds like something you would find with a third rate outfit in a banana republic. People want to know where they stand in a normal outfit, not clock and dagger all under the table.

How would you feel if you found out your F/O or F/A was on more than you, assuming you are a Captain? Bet you wouldn't like it but this seems to be what you are advocating.

bman0429
4th Jan 2008, 22:46
Okay,
You don't know what you are talking about! This is standard practice among management companies. Additionally the way things are structured none of the pilots work for Jetclub. Each person has his/her own contract and is a contractor on retainer to the A/C not the company. The company doesn't actually pay crew member salaries. The owner does and has approval over salaries.
As to you example of the FO or FA making more than the Captain. What one likes or doesn't matters little. The fact is if the FO/FA can get a salary higher than the Captain, I would ssay the Captain needs to reevaluate what his skills and responsibilites are worth.
Bottom line each aircraft is its own company and that isn't abnormal.

Would EJM, TAG, or JET qualify as third rate operations? They all share this practice.

joehunt
4th Jan 2008, 23:09
Oh I See.... Yes you are right.

pilotbear
22nd Jan 2008, 18:36
well we know who that is then and it was a very welcome departure

joeninety
23rd Jan 2008, 02:58
And why did you leave for "pastures" new Pilot Bear.....seem to remember you having nothing good to say about them!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

EagleStar
23rd Jan 2008, 15:24
Stay clear. NUTTER is an understatement!!!

joeninety
23rd Jan 2008, 15:56
And so is pilot bear!!!! all his fellow crew were cheering when he quit!!!! same ilk as the NUTTER!!!

pilotbear
23rd Jan 2008, 20:25
excuse me Joeninety but where was that then?
I left because the owners sold the aircraft......what fellow crew members were they then? There was only two of us?
If you want to make accusations then make your identity known so I can 'speak' to you face to face other wise shut the F*** up.:ugh:
Whether I do or do not agree with the politics or the management style is none of anybodys business, the company was good to me generally and the flying jobs are pretty secure. I was offered another aircraft, actually the choice of two but had the opportunity to triple my annual salary for 6 months work a year, so go figure......
hope you are doing as well J90 but I doubt it with your bitter and insecure attitude. I hear you can fail your medical for high blood pressure:ok:

EagleStar
24th Jan 2008, 10:29
Well COMM2 seems to have had his question well and truly answered. If he still can't work out whether he should go and work for IJC he's obviously not interested in the facts!!! You never know COMM2.... If you do take the position you could be the new Smithers! (you'll know what I mean when you meet the nutter)

Eaglestar

Captain Egotastic
24th Jan 2008, 12:48
....and a very moany bunch too. Truth is, IJC is just about the same as most other operators. Just this week I've heard the same gripes about Netjets, Tag, etc etc. All we seem to do is move from job to job and take moaning to a higher level. When I was at IJC we had some bad times, some good times, plenty of stress and some real easy days too. In other words, no different to anywhere else! So, to the original poster, go and see for yourself, it really is the only way to find out. Funnily enough, a lot of the chief moaners are all still there, and have been for many years - why would that be?!

Yours,

The Captain: part Ego :eek:, part Guru. :cool:

GLFSTMFIVE
24th Jan 2008, 15:00
If you dont mind 16+ hour duty days 2 crew and arriving from a over night long flight in the morning and out the same day in the evening on another long flight go for it, just dont bitch about it in a years time if you get the job, great links by the way Superjet very funny

joeninety
24th Jan 2008, 16:16
Says who???? guess you must be the only friend he has!!!:ugh::ugh::ugh:you must be his wife!!!! no one in IJC had that opinion of him.....he was so in tune with the "Nutter" he had a brown nose......"Dont get upset this is only a forum":cool:

Captain Egotastic
24th Jan 2008, 17:22
Are you sure you haven't got your pilots mixed up? I concur that pilotbear was indeed well-liked. I think you are mistaken.

Oh, and GLFSTMFIVE - days like you describe do exist I grant you. But did you never get any time off then? Find it hard to believe actually.

Nice links SuperJet, especially the second - even though I don't agree with most of your sentiments!

But as Mr.Ninety says, its a forum. Don't like all the personal stuff though - things like that should be settled in a manly fashion, through gloves and pistols. Or maybe 5 rounds of fisticuffs?

Yours,

The Captain: part Ego :eek:, part Guru. :cool:

Flintstone
24th Jan 2008, 18:36
Oooh, a duel! Scoundrels at dawn!!

Yours,

Flintstone:Part stud http://www.pistonheads.com/inc/images/smokin.gif Part idiot http://www.pistonheads.com/inc/images/nuts.gif

COMMS2
28th Jan 2008, 21:37
Thank you all for your comments and advise!

Great feedback! :D

pilotbear
30th Jan 2008, 18:05
Well, I am flattered by the unsolicited support from fellow pilots here:ok: I also know who J90 thinks I am as probably do you.
However, Joe 90 I will not tolerate lies told by you on this thread. If you have the courage to write that sort of unqualified rubbish then PM me with your name, but then again I may already have it.!!...people don't really like your attitude and consequently loyalty is something that you may not have. So, I may be seeing you soon....:E

joehunt
6th Feb 2008, 10:18
You didn't receive the common courtesy of a reply?

Well doesn't that tell you something? Sums it up for me.

BIZJOCKEY
6th Feb 2008, 16:06
Thank God, thank God, thank God!!!:D

I was offered a job with IJC recently and I came very close to accepting.

When I got around to putting the word out, everyone I spoke to warned me off because of the management are :ugh:headbangers.

You have to listen to your friends, the only problem is if you don't have any, but hey then you might fit in at IJC. :ok:

Now i've read this forum I know I've made the right decision.:)

EagleStar
8th Feb 2008, 13:28
If you really want to get hold of IJC, I would suggest you register your CV with Select Recruitment Farnborough. It is owned by the MD's better half and theres nothing like a quick kickback!

Eaglestar

CaptainProp
18th Aug 2008, 19:51
Does anybody have some info on the Malaysian Jet Services F900 B operation (Jetclub CH)? Does the above posts pretty much sum up that operation too?

CP

FlyMD
19th Aug 2008, 09:07
CaptainProp, there is strictly NO relation between JetClub UK and the Malaysian F900B. That plane runs on the JetClub Switzerland AOC, but the pilots are employed by Malaysian Jet Services in Kuala Lumpur. And a fine bunch they are, too, those pilots, so ******** need not bother apply..

CaptainProp
19th Aug 2008, 16:00
Oooops! Any additional info would be appreciated! Pls PM if you have more info!

CP