PDA

View Full Version : Need JAA have ATPL easiest way for the conversion or endorsement?

Ho4it
18th Dec 2007, 10:42
Any direction would be appreciated. Heard a little about some canadian conversion.

IRRenewal
18th Dec 2007, 11:04
Which country issued your ATPL?

Finals19
18th Dec 2007, 13:57
Briefly..

If your licence is Canadian and you are valid and current in all your ratings, there are three broad categories to get the JAA licence (assuming that is what you are talking about)

1) Below 1500hrs TT - 650hours min ground school theory. Can be done distance learning with certified FTO or integrated full time. Cost can vary greatly. 14 written exams. A world apart from the Canadian CPL written / SAMRA and SARON. Be prepared for some hard study! Then min 15 hours conversion training for the IR (5 plane 10 sim but normally more than mins are needed) Cost - about £12,000 absolute min including ground school and fees.
CPL test needed too, but training as required (normally 5-10hrs in a complex single i.e. PA28-200)

2) Over 1500TT - study as required and recommended by an approved FTO. This does not mean you can just sit the exams. If you did, believe me you would not pass them! A lot of FTO's recommend you sit their full course as the cost difference can be negligible.

3) If you have a certain amount of time (think its +3000TT) and over 500hrs (command?) on a JAR/FAR 25 aircraft, then you can do your conversion training on type and need to sit just two written exams, without going through a groundschool FTO.

Ho4it
21st Dec 2007, 22:23
3000 + Hs125 PIC Usa ATP. Company I am working with will be buying a U.K. Aircraft. I am an american flying in the European system for a European company. we currently operate on an N registry!
I hope than can narrow down my situation for any one who can help. the above post sounds like some good info. Would any of this apply to me?