PDA

View Full Version : December ATPL results

coodem
18th Dec 2007, 10:13
Does anyone know if we are likely to receive these before xmas? or is it more likely to arrive after. Dont know how much longer I can take the suspense for.

gmac1977
18th Dec 2007, 10:49
Schools should recieve them this Thursday/Friday so if you havent recieved them at home by Fri morning give your school a bell.

Would be an anxious Christmas otherwise wouldnt it!!!

Alex Whittingham
19th Dec 2007, 17:50
Your groundschool will have received them in an electronic format at lunchtime today (wednesday).

nick14
21st Dec 2007, 10:18
so how did they go guys?

Im v happy with mine!

Nick

coodem
21st Dec 2007, 16:02
Ops 89%, HPL 88%, AL 95%, Met 90%, IFR and VFR 100%

The subjects I thought I did better in, I ended up get lower marks, and vice versa for my strong subjects,

So what were the averages this seating?

captain_rossco
21st Dec 2007, 17:22
Congrats to an unnamed Oxford Student, acheiving 100% in all 7, well done matey!

CR

BIG MISTER
21st Dec 2007, 18:10
No doubt he did that using the amazing Bristol GS Data Base ! ! !

I remember waiting for the December results 2 years ago.

Thankfully Alex at BGS emailed me the results....twice....as I didnt beleive him the first time !

Merry Christmas all + Good Luck ! :ok:

clanger32
21st Dec 2007, 18:19
Mr Mister (I assume not the dodgy eighties band with broken wings.....that really will ruin your V1 speed!!)
I'm sure you mean well, but that's pretty harsh and mean spirited. For what it's worth, I know the guy in question and this is NOT a flash in the pan. He works exceedingly hard, plays exceedingly hard and is a really top bloke.

When I say it's not a flash in the pan, perhaps some perspective helps...he achieved 98.4 average in his first progress test and 99.1 in his school finals, neither of which Bristol would help with. This result is the payback for months of extreme effort and a huge amount of ability.

How about showing a little Christmas good will and just congratulating the guy for doing an exceptional job.

(FWIW, the class average for his group was 96%....OAT must be doing something right...)

dontpressthat
21st Dec 2007, 18:32
Sorry if im straying off thread a bit here but whats the highest ATPL avg that anybody knows of?

A lad who went thru at the same time as me a couple of years ago managed 96%. Can anybody better that?

DPT

BIG MISTER
21st Dec 2007, 18:51
I wasnt having a go dear boy - chill out !

I take my hat off to anyone that manages to pass the CAA's monthly quizzes.

I quite often pop into the CAA and if that happends to be during the first week of the month (exams week for those that dont know) there will be a collection of wannabies sat around waiting to sit a paper.

Makes me glad its all done and dusted.

Its a great feeling to get them behind you - be that with a truley amazing 100% or a very respectable 75% !

Whats the University pass mark these days 40 % is it ???

As I said before.......

Merry Christmas + Good luck Everyone ! :ok:

clanger32
21st Dec 2007, 20:58
Please don't get me wrong, I wasn't for a minute suggesting that you WERE having a go. Merely that's it's all too easy to write this guys achievement off as a fluke of major Bristol study.

All I'd ask is for everyone to consider that this is no simple demonstration of only the power of Bristol.

I've just heard too many people say already that "he'll fall down in an airline interview" etc because his results are TOO perfect and he just learned answers from Bristol...whereas the fact is he just REALLY knows his stuff...

There are plenty more of us that have gone through using Bristol and achieved excellent results, but I'm not aware of anyone else who has ever completed half their ATPL exams with a 100% average!

captain_rossco
22nd Dec 2007, 12:57
If HE falls down at interview stage, the rest of US (and you) and absolutely f****d!!!:ok:

nick14
24th Dec 2007, 08:23
wel quite a few guys on my course have got 99% averages and one guy did get 100%average soo unless you can get extra credit (lets face it when will the Campain Against Aviation give you extra:ugh:) then i believe 100% average is the best ever.

It was a good haul this time!! :)

merry christmas all