PDA

View Full Version : Easyjet Emergency Landing at East Midlands with Presurisation problems

caracaskid
18th Dec 2007, 09:01
The above was reported on BBC 8:00 news. Any comments?

AltFlaps
18th Dec 2007, 09:29
Yes, I'd like to comment that you have beautiful typing skills

kevrod79
18th Dec 2007, 09:35
Bit of a non-event isn't it?

Right Way Up
18th Dec 2007, 09:45
No, typing skills are an art seldom seen nowadays! ;)

toratoratora
18th Dec 2007, 10:04
Especially in the usage of a spellchecker....................

BitMoreRightRudder
18th Dec 2007, 10:11
Guys, this is a serious matter.

There is a School for Nuns' perilously close to finals at EMA.

Are the Nuns safe?

What about the sheep in nearby fields?

Until we know for sure then lets respect the families involved here, I only pray the Daily Mail have their best journo on the case or we may NEVER know what really happened, or the trauma that the Nuns suffered........:sad:

jumpseater
18th Dec 2007, 10:19
Are the Nuns safe?

What about the sheep in nearby fields?

I don't think the sheep have anything to fear from the nuns.....:uhoh:

Flypuppy
18th Dec 2007, 10:29
What about the orphanage? Or the school for handicaped children that was narrowly missed. Did the pilot fight with the controls to avert disaster? Was the aeoplane only moments away from a deadly fireball?

We need to know.

Jet Blast inbound.

whartonp
18th Dec 2007, 10:30
Well do the nuns have anything to fear from the sheep? Somebody must have something to fear from somebody otherwise the Daily Mail wont have any thing to report, i mean write about, i mean speculate about.

18th Dec 2007, 10:31
Guys (Girls?), I suspect that at least one of the above posters may not be a genuine airline professional. (An agricultural pilot, perhaps...?).
So there may be a risk of this thread going off-message.
Heaven forbid. This forum is no place for dirty habits.

Tankengine
18th Dec 2007, 10:37
Are the nuns vegetarian?
If not then perhaps the sheep ARE in danger!?:eek:

H Peacock
18th Dec 2007, 10:38
There is a School for Nuns' perilously close to finals at EMA.

Now, is finals plural or is it final, ie singular? Only asking!

:)

FD Standby
18th Dec 2007, 10:45
Just spoken to the captain flying it - apparently the FO, (sorry SFO) screamed like a girl all the way to landing!!

From the horses mouth my friends!

jumpseater
18th Dec 2007, 10:46
I'd imagine the nun's are singular at the very least.....

Old King Coal
18th Dec 2007, 10:51
I'll bet the journo's (aka whiskey sodden hacks) from Daily Mail / BBC / et al are at this very moment confirming all their facts and writing their lead story... perhaps we can expect such gems as:Terrified Passengers in Dread Flight

Passengers told of their horrific terror aboard a Perth bound eJetstar flight which was advised it was in the best interests of the plane to return to Manchester East Midlands Airport yesterday due to explosive decompression in one of the lavatories.

Some passengers were shocked that the 247 passengers were told few details of the kerfuffle.

They said the plane 'Dropped out of the sky like a mouse chasing a piece of cheese' before turning around.

As a precaution, fire trucks were on standby when the Britten-Norman A727 landed.

A passenger, wishing to remain annonymous, was heard to say "I wasn't so much worried for myself, but for my children losing their only parent", before adding "Now where do I find those compo claim forms... and you did say that you'd be paying me for this quote, right?!"
The above much courtesy of: The Lazy Journalists Plane Story Generator (http://radans.net/jens/planestory.html)

FullWings
18th Dec 2007, 11:00
All very well handled, except that I might have spelt "Presurisation" slightly differently and possibly capitalised the "p" in "problems" at the end.

8/10, good effort.

one post only!
18th Dec 2007, 11:00
I would be screaming with joy also at the thought of getting out of a couple of sectors!!!

Wonder if something similar could get me out of my long 4 sector day today...................

BitMoreRightRudder
18th Dec 2007, 11:10
one post only I'll do your sectors I'm bored off me tits on Stby.

I've just found out the Nuns' (H Peacock;)) are away in Ibiza for xmas, but there are still sheep unaccounted for.........

forget
18th Dec 2007, 11:30
Eighteen posts in reply. Seventeen of them showing why Prune will die a slow death to be left only with the 'wit' of ...... well, read 'em. :mad:

ChristiaanJ
18th Dec 2007, 11:41
Sheep?
Wolves in sheep clothing, more likely.
Those nuns had better be afraid... very afraid.

Slats One
18th Dec 2007, 11:56
Nuns in close proximity you say, and pressure problems involving a toilet.

Must be Nuns on the run then...

Get the outflow valve checked I say.

Have a happy honey cart Christmas why don't you all...

illflyit
18th Dec 2007, 12:18
Are you Pirates sure the 1st P in PPRUNE stands for professional.

You clearly have too much time on your hands.

There are plenty of othe www's to post [email protected] Go there why dont you?

whartonp
18th Dec 2007, 12:27
Illflyit - I have to ask, have you ever been a nun? Judging by you attitude i think not. Please have a little more understanding for those of us who have given up the habit for a life in the aviation industry but still have a concern for nuns in distress.
I think i am speaking for all of the other posters on this matter.

jumpseater
18th Dec 2007, 13:08
There are plenty of othe www's to post [email protected] Go there why dont you?

I tried to find an 'othe', but couldn't :D Speaking of nuns I'm off for a Julie Andrews......

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!
18th Dec 2007, 13:18
This is funny. Some people are actually being serious. :}

Flypuppy
18th Dec 2007, 13:27
Does anyone have the weather for the airport that this potential disaster nearly occured at?

Has anyone flown the profile on MS FlightSim to find out how loudly the FO would have screamed?

When do we post poetry for the aircrew who could possibly have nearly perished in this almost shocking near death event?

Why have none of these questions been answered yet? Is the government trying to cover up the incident?

It was all George Bush's fault, or maybe the French. Possibly.

ChristiaanJ
18th Dec 2007, 13:59
Has anyone flown the profile on MS FlightSim to find out how loudly the FO would have screamed?
I tried, but my monitor depresurised before I reached the nunnery.
I did spot some sheep (looking sheepish), though.

Capt.KAOS
18th Dec 2007, 14:15
These kinda threads are always funny (and predictable) because it gives them young top guns like BiteMyRightRudder the chance to show how cool they are. Keep them Ray-Bans ready lads...

fireflybob
18th Dec 2007, 14:25
I smell a conspiracy - who do the sheep belong to?

You are not going to believe this but there is a traffic alert on Radio Nottingham as some sheep are loose on the roads somewhere round the city! Obviously the shock of this incident has had an effect on the local farming community!

west lakes
18th Dec 2007, 14:52
Baaaa Baaaa Baaaa

Humbug

Flypuppy
18th Dec 2007, 14:54
Has Little Bo Peep been alerted to the situation yet? Any comments?

To bring the subject back to the original topic...

Plane forced back after takeoff

An aircraft carrying 118 passengers was forced to turn around shortly after taking off from East Midlands Airport.
The pilot of the Easyjet plane, which was travelling to Faro, Portugal, reported problems with cabin pressure.
Emergency services were put on standby but the Airbus A319 landed safely at the airport just after 0630 GMT. No-one was hurt. An Easyjet spokeswoman said the aircraft made a precautionary landing and a fault was later found with the air-conditioning unit. She said the company had put on an extra aircraft to cover for the one being repaired.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/derbyshire/7149324.stm

ChristiaanJ
18th Dec 2007, 15:34
Flypuppy,
So you were right, it was the French.
Inspecteur Clouseau (who now works for Airbus as an aircraft incident investigator) is landing at East Midlands as we speak.

MadsDad
18th Dec 2007, 15:54
I'm sorry but there doesn't appear to be any real understanding of the potential seriousness of this incident.

From the BBC, via OKC above it was in the best interests of the plane to return to Manchester East Midlands Airport yesterday due to explosive decompression in one of the lavatories.

Whenever I have experienced an explosive decompression in the lavatory (which would be at either 0 or 12 ft AGL, depending if I was down- or up- stairs) evacuation procedures would start for the local area. Or county if I had been on the curry the night before.

Arthur Dailey
18th Dec 2007, 16:44
Just got hold of the CVR tape;

Capt: Quick turn left 30 degrees to avoid the convent.
FO: What about the sheep ?!?
Capt: F*ck the sheep !!!!
FO: (pause) Do you think we have time?

Beer_n_Tabs
18th Dec 2007, 16:59
Fear not everyone, I live in the area and I can assure you the convent was empty. The have all now been de-cloaked (literally), as the little ravers were out in the pub with me and the boys at the weekend, and have now been banished from the church for inappropriate beahviour.....its always the quiet ones you've got to watch ;)

As for the sheep, the local velcro welly brigade were seen shuffling away with Larry the Lamb and his freinds and family firmly attached to said wellies so nothing to report there either. One of the welly brigade was allegedly heard to be shouting 'Look No Hands' as he scuttled away with said sheep locked on.

I tell ya its a crazy fun filled time 24/7 up here at EMA.

S'land
18th Dec 2007, 17:38
Just spoken to the captain flying it - apparently the FO, (sorry SFO) screamed like a girl all the way to landing!!

From the horses mouth my friends!

Sorry, but why do Easyjest have horses as FO's?:rolleyes:

jumpseater
18th Dec 2007, 18:35
Pictures now available!
An easyJet aeroplane taking off
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c351/refshots/IMG_4081.jpg

A sheep yesterday
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c351/refshots/_B6O4574.jpg
:oh:

ChristiaanJ
18th Dec 2007, 18:51
Dyeing sheep before shearing them now seems to be a common practice.

S'land
18th Dec 2007, 18:52
On one wheel only, wow:\.

BitMoreRightRudder
18th Dec 2007, 19:21
Capt KAOS

it gives them young top guns like BiteMyRightRudder the chance to show how cool they are. Keep them Ray-Bans ready lads...

Ray-Bans?

Ray-Bans?

Oh dear.

Young top gun think-they-know-it-alls like me only wear Oakleys.

:cool:

I'm getting seriously worried about the sheep now.

west lakes
18th Dec 2007, 19:33
Expensive animals are sheep especially if related to these guys

http://www.golakes.co.uk/downloads/xmasbaarmysheep.aspx

Flypuppy
18th Dec 2007, 19:39
Jumpseater,

There are so many problems with that picture you posted of an easysheep jet 319 taking off I suspect it is nothing more than a photoshoped image.

I think we should refrain from any form of comment on this potential incident until the Spanish Inquisition has completed it's report and released it's findings. It should not be forgotten that their weaponry includes such diverse elements as fear, surprise, ruthless efficiency, an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope, and nice red uniforms.

ShyTorque
18th Dec 2007, 21:54
I've just bought half a sheep (it was definitely depressurised). I have no idea what happened to the other half of this animal.

MadsDad
18th Dec 2007, 22:25
Shytorque. Were you to investigate the contents of my freezer you could possibly find the remains of the other half. "CSI Weston-Super-Mare" could take the case if necessary.

And, Flypuppy, how could you forget that dreaded instrument of the Inquisition The Comfy Chair.

Capn Notarious
18th Dec 2007, 23:01
She said the company had put on an extra aircraft to cover for the one being repaired.

What should be known is upon what was the aircraft put on?
A fresh brushed stand.
Warmed Hanger Floor for Mr Helpful the engineer?

Flypuppy
19th Dec 2007, 08:27
What should be known is upon what was the aircraft put on?

A conveyor belt. Obviously.

Firestorm
19th Dec 2007, 09:48
First nuns, then sheep, and then horses. Are there any other groups of people or species of animals, or possibly plants involved? We must have an open, thorough, transparent, publicly funded enquiry, and the report must be published IN FULL, and we must be told!

Questions must be asked, and heads must roll.

illflyit
19th Dec 2007, 11:30
Sorry wortonp.

Forgot what forum I was in for a moment yesterday.
I was acting a little sheepish, and you were having nun of it.
Sorry if I tried to pull the wool over your eyes!

Is it because I is Black (sheep)?:\

S'land
19th Dec 2007, 16:28
Please, stop horsin' around.

pabs1977
20th Dec 2007, 14:41
I always knew the FO (sorry, SFO) would end up on this excuse for a Bitchathon, but i honestly thought it would be for something like a pressurisation faliure and not discussing his love of the fluffy species!!:=

http://muttonbone.com/images/sheep_front.jpg

http://muttonbone.com/images/sheep_back.jpg

Happy Christmas son, it's in the post :D.

old,not bold
20th Dec 2007, 18:57
Firestorm

What on earth's the point of asking questions and rolling heads, if LESSONS ARE NOT LEARNED!

Come on, now!

ChristiaanJ
20th Dec 2007, 22:20
Nuns will be nuns, and sheep will be sheep.

Flypuppy
21st Dec 2007, 10:33
We still need to know if the FO who was screaming like a little girl has recovered from the potential near death experience for the sheep and nuns.

BitMoreRightRudder
21st Dec 2007, 12:38
I understand the FO was offered counselling with the easyJet company Nun.

Jelly Baby Freak
22nd Dec 2007, 21:04
I can fully understand the Daily Mail jurno's getting in a flap (sorry no pun intended) about this disaster, but surely they missed out on the opportunity to include Diana and the falling house prices!! :rolleyes: