PDA

View Full Version : FAS Rhodos Pilots Academy - Rhodes Greece

freeasair
18th Dec 2007, 06:56
Has anybody come across this flying school? I am thinking of doing a Flight Instructor Course with them and wondered if anybody had experience. They are quoting 9,000 euros for the course including ground school and aircraft hire.

anacortes
2nd Jan 2008, 09:24
I am going for a license conversion with FAS Rhodos Pilots Academy. Haven't heard anything about them. Always on the lookout/ recommendation or at least any hint. Anyone out there any experience with them? Any news will help.

htgd
14th Mar 2008, 08:05
Anybody ever been there? I'm thinking to go to convirt my FAA IR

Ste88
31st Aug 2008, 19:39
Hello!

I'm also interessed about this school. They offers a JAA atpl (f) at 46311€.
With 6month of accomodation included.

But i dont hear nothing before....

Please i would have some notice or advices!

Thanks!

SW1
31st Aug 2008, 19:49
Im going for the 100 hours building course with them next month and would also appreciate any information.

blue____
22nd Oct 2008, 19:10
hi guys...

this school is crap... they lack organization and the owner is horrible. you will be very luck if you get a plane to fly... as the minister of the area uses it as air taxi more than ever... i did a course with them and regret it big time... go to the states instead...

SW1
23rd Oct 2008, 12:39
Flying in good old Greece, the only country where you have to file a flight plan and general declaration to do touch and go's.

It is a BEAUTIFUL!! country to fly around though and has some challenging airfields to fly into, mostly class D airspace if you go into the likes of Mykonos, Kos, Samos, Iraklion and the likes.

Thoroughly enjoyed doing my 100 hours and Night rating there in 3 weeks, although as Blue stated, theres a lot of bureaucracy there so be patient and prepared to argue for your flight time as the quiet ones get pushed to the side- so speak up!!! and look out for the cowboys flying the Dash 8s and ATRs- crazy guys...

alkatifa
28th Apr 2009, 02:07
hummm...interesting...

I was kind of hoping to find some information about this particular school as I met them in the Flyer seminar and was quite impressed with them. Thought it was an interesting balance between price, duration, scenary, planes and weather.

Anyone else has any information, experience, hint of some kind?

Chasegood
28th Apr 2009, 10:35
"as I met them in the Flyer seminar and was quite impressed with them. "

Really?!:uhoh:
I found them pretty greasy to be honest. Shame cos I wouldn't take much persuading to go and fly in Greece.

FLT86
28th Apr 2009, 10:44
Hi,

What about Egnatia Aviation located in Kavala in Greece ? You don't like ?

Have a good day !

alkatifa
28th Apr 2009, 16:06
I think I'm going to burn a fuse over here....I'm getting really mad with all the schools and stuff!

manu848
23rd May 2011, 13:18
Hi guys!

So ! no real answer yet.:hmm:
Truth is, i'm also willing to train there, there are 3 main schools; egnatia av., rhodos pilots and hero av. I would say they all look pretty good on the web! and after some research it's the cheapest place you can find for jaa training!! but .. has anyone truly heard anything about them?
egnatia, stay away from it, thread
http://www.pprune.org/professional-pilot-training-includes-ground-studies/279816-egnatia-aviation-greece.html
but for the other 2?
340 days out of the year are vfr, good to complete training quick but a friend (pilot) pointed me out that it's maybe not great looking on a CV... since you'll never have flown in icing, low fog .. deep **** so to speak.

Anyone's opinion on training in greece regarding first employment prospects ( reputation, etc).

AndoniP
23rd May 2011, 17:23
At the previous flyer exhibition (I think it was flyer? at Heathrow) there was one Greek flying school, called Superior Air, in Megara near Athens. They operate Cessnas and Tecnams, I don't know whether they'd be worth checking out...

Feedback from your experience(s) would be appreciated! :ok:

BUGS/BEARINGS/BOXES
23rd May 2011, 18:27
It would appear some are only interested in paying the lowest price for training>>>>>>:ugh: "well you pays your money"..............

SVoa
25th May 2011, 18:50
The only flight school in Greece that is worth giving money to is Egnatia Aviation. From first hand experience I can tell you that they are a very well organised flight school, with great prices, and a very high level of training. The instructors love instructing, and arent just a bunch of guys waiting to get airline jobs. The environment is very friendly and at the same time professional. Another positive thing with Egnatia is that they have a large amount of foreign students from all over the world, lots from Asia, middle east, and other countries in europe. Gives a nice multi-cultural environment. I did my CPL/ME/IR/MCC there and I highly recomend this school to anyone wanting to go the modular route. Many friends of mine have been there after me, and they never regreted it. (the flight school is organising a 3 day international fly-in on the 3rd of June, anyone nearby, its a good chance to go see the school for yourself). They also have state of the art aircraft, and they are a Diamond authorised maintenance facility with part 145 as far as I am aware. (this means the mechanics know the aircraft very well and you can even learn alot about the aircraft from them).

The other schools in Greece are not up to standard. Even though I never went to them, I have MANY friends who did. FAS is not a "bad" school, however they do half of their flights in Athens Megara airport which is a $h!t hole, and the other half in Rhodes (clearly no point in that). Heron aviation I wouldnt even think about as they are not yet an established FTO. I think they just started up a couple of months ago.. So let someone else be the testing goat.

Global aviation in Megara is probably one of the most experienced FTO's in Greece, but some friends who went there dont recomend it. A small tip to anyone wanting to start training in Greece: Any flight school in Greece that operates out of Megara airport, in my opinion, is not worth going to. The reason for this is that it is a VFR airport and partly run by the Greek military. This means that during the week, many times you have to wait if the military helicopters are operating, you dont have the most professional ATC, and in your IR, any flight you do will have two IFR procedures less than if you were at an airport with IFR procedures... Anyone wanting more info on Egnatia you can PM me if you like.

Ihatemondays
17th Feb 2017, 10:09
Has anyone been to this school recently?
I am also thinking to do Flight Instructor with this school.

jasonter
26th Jul 2017, 16:46
Hello fellows

Hopefully i escaped from there.First of all megara airport is a military airport so much limitations from notam's especially when they have parachute exercise's,secondly about the flight school they have 2 TB 9's in a very bad situation as i have learned from a guy there..also they don't have permanent flight instructor...all of them are part time so you can't book your flight properly..all you have to do is to waiting about their availability of fight instructor's to fly.Furthermore they dont have groundschool as they said,all the student's included the atpl integrated are distance learning.Finally so much lack of organisation..hopefully i took my money back and i left from them....avoid them the flight school is just a scam don't waste your money and your time to them..better something expensive than something poor.

PS. If you want to do your flight training in Greece prefer Egnatia or Global Aviation or Superior Air at least they are professionals.

LF92
6th Apr 2020, 15:32
Hi everyone,

I'm planning to start the integrated ATPL course with FAS (Fanourakis Aviation School) in Athens. Anybody has any experience with them recently?

TIA