PDA

View Full Version : gf bonds

brassplate
17th Dec 2007, 17:21
i wonder what happened to the gf bond jumpers issue. did the poster have sympathies maybe? what happens if the rumours a true about the witch hunt? anyone worried at all about middle eastern justice?

brassplate
23rd Dec 2007, 21:24
looks like the hunt for the bond-bailers is on after all as per mentioned in the latest memo by the vpo.
anyone agree to some of the reasons why some pilots decided to infringe the conditions of their bonds?

boeingdriverx
24th Dec 2007, 01:23
Maybe because the GF bond $$$ value is twice the average in the industry?

Remember: A320 Initial Bond: 24000 BHD almost 48000 Euros

Same training with Lufthansa Training (Hotel included): 24000 Euros (And Lufthansa is by far not the cheapest training provider...)

They should better focus on trying to keep people and make them happy, instead of forcing them.

brassplate
24th Dec 2007, 04:33
when they signed the bond, wasn't the amount in bold print before their very eyes? didn't they know the figure even before arriving to bahrain after researching?
i think a lot of the cases are premeditated. bailing on the bond was ALWAYS part of the plan after getting some experience on type. it is these guys that i do not have much pity for because it is treachery in it's purest form. i hope they pursue these types to the fullest extent of middle eastern justice. and i believe gf will not be sparing any costs in doing so.

Trader
24th Dec 2007, 06:00
Sorry, Most of the guys came to stay. Picking up and moving a family again, pulling out of school etc etc is extremely costly.

People left GF because of the treatment and the lies. The first big one was housing. GF would provide housing -.....did they...no. In the end to find something suitable you paid 300-400 BD out of pocket.

All the other expenses were skyrocketing while GF did nothing. Even with the new pay package the guy hired today, with a family, will have to pay out of pocket for a house that is suitable. For the current guys - they can never move because they can't afford the rent.

Getting AYTHING done in the Pink Palace is next to impossible. You might be heard but you are ignored and the treatment is down right poor.

The favouritism in rostering and the company in general is unacceptable to some. And if you don't believe that talk to the guys who left that department and how they were powerless to stop the 'connected' ones in rostering from favouring the 'connected' ones they wanted to help.

Now the FINAL nail is the fact the GF expected pilots leaving to pay the bond owing in full BEFORE they paid out owed pay, leave etc. In other words GF was not willing to 'net' the figure and calculate the difference and have the pilot pay that amount. In short, GF was playing games and expecting a pilot to TRUST them.

How many had their passport held in an attempt to extort that bond (without netting the figure)!!!!!!!

Tell me why the Head of HR stonewalled people and then simply stopped responding???? This after admitting that the contract stated housing would be provided and that most people who were leaving had paid more in additional housing then they owed in the bond and that calling it even was a fair compromise - but was worried that those staying might ask for their past additional housing expenses to be returned and so did nothing.

GF wants people to respect a bond yet they cannot respect the contract that they signed.

Taking the attitude that people jump ship for no reason is ridiculous. Look at the underlying causes and the fact that GF has absolutely no respect for the contract they signed and you will see why people are leaving.

Again, to pick up and move a family is extremely expensive and difficult. When you look at the fact that they did not get their last pay, lost their remaining leave and the expenses of moving and move to the bottom of a sniority list you see that it is NOT just a quick decision to take off and 'screw' GF.

ironbutt57
24th Dec 2007, 06:10
A bit off the bond issue, but I think GF's biggest mistake was not including the phrase "housing to xxxBD limit" in the contract, and being more forthcoming with the fact that one would indeed be paying out of pocket to supplement the GF "contribution"..my former employer here was very specific on this and it avoided the headaches seen here...that being said, personally I feel that most would have left anyway for various other reasons, and I did see some folks actually attempt to schedule a bond repayment plan with no success..not even a response from the HR dept..the new bonds specify that the balance is due and payable upon separation from GF, the previous ones did not, leaving one to assume a monthly, installment-type repayment plan could be arranged, possibly at the same rate at which the bond was written down during active service. Hope it all works out for the best:ok:

I do have to add that my experiences in dealing with the folks in the puzzle-palace though, when approached with the "southern hospitality" style of greetings, hows life, your family etc..etc, I find most to be friendly and accomodating..albeit a bit inefficient, but nonetheless mission accomplished in "due time"..the "New-York" blast into the office in a hurry, no time for formalties doesnt work there for sure:=...just my two cents worth on that subject:ok:

mydogsnameisbjorn
24th Dec 2007, 07:30
well hello to all!!
thought i would drop in a see how the ship is holding up. sounds like the Nafster has done nothing except bait the pilots with a little extra dough to keep up with 2002 inflation.
HR corrupt and sloth like nothing new there
an Xbox360 will get you a good roster or just straight out cash or a brothel voucher will get you the trip your looking for with your little somebody
BAS will take a little on the side to make sure your the first one upgraded

this is what happens Nafster when you under pay the locals in their own country. You see Nafster there is spite in all the locals eyes when guys like you and the previous wrecking crew over pay their buddies to come in and ignore the locals. You have done just the same. Unless someone steps up to this blatant piracy Nafster nothing will get better. The locals will wait their time we are very patient we have seen group after group promise and not deliver.
Nafster you have a merry Xmas be sure to write and hide that money that you are socking away because this is the last big job in the airline biz you will be appointed.

.Aero
24th Dec 2007, 11:42
i hope they pursue these types to the fullest extent of middle eastern justice. and i believe gf will not be sparing any costs in doing so.

What rubbish! The VPO's memo is to simply prevent pilots from considering bond jumping in the future. There is no way the pink palace in all it's incompetent glory is going to be able to get a single bean back from their ex-employees now flying for the elite in another country!

There are carriers out there that are so confident that their pilots wont want to jump ship after they start flying professionally that are able to offer bondless Type Ratings!

oneeyeseeall
24th Dec 2007, 12:37
Some African Airlne Better Than Gf.gulf Air Has Lost It Man. For Those Still In Gf Nothing Better Than Keep Dreaming. You Aint Seen Nothing Yet. Keep Discovering Is On The Way.