PDA

View Full Version : Here's how CX values its employees...

jed_thrust
17th Dec 2007, 12:47
Tonight one of our sim instructors was rostered to return home; as usual he was holding a Priority 1B (that's "ONE") ticket.

In my limited understanding of the situation, most (if not all) paying pax are Priority 4, with assorted senior staff and hangers-on at higher levels. Thus, a 1B ticket (with 43 J class seats) should give you a guaranteed boarding pass.

Apparently the "check-in chick" (and her supervisor) decided that since this instructor was merely "staff" they would not downgrade anyone for him, and so he is now back at the hotel writing his resignation letter...

What on earth does Priority ONE mean?!

Spineless tossers, the lot of 'em.:(

Harbour Dweller
17th Dec 2007, 12:52
And I hope he gives them a serve as he walks out the CX door.

Idiots :mad:

cpdude
17th Dec 2007, 14:42
It's the cultural attitude...staff are worthless!:ugh:

ChairmanBoysClub
17th Dec 2007, 15:53
Good on him. May that teach the company a lesson.

cxhk
17th Dec 2007, 17:08
In situation like this, he should have simply tell the ground staff that he holds a priority 1B ticket (if in fact that he is really holding a priority 1 ticket). I am sure te ground staff and the manager will not want to lose their job as they are not following procedure here.

Final note, the reason why I am questioning the sim instructor priority 1B ticket to go home is that sim instructor will only get roster priorty 1 ticket if he is flying to hong kong to start his work cycle. Other travel is usually priority 8 or 9, according to Vol 1.

jed_thrust
17th Dec 2007, 22:53
That's a reasonable question, cxhk.

I believe there was a "mini strike"/"mass resignation" by the part-time (officially commuting) sim instructors earlier in the year.

The 1B commuting ticket was the capitulatitive result from CX.