PDA

View Full Version : Emirates Aviation college

pratham
17th Dec 2007, 07:22
Anyone due joining Jan 6th For Flight Dispatch in DUBAI

EMA747
18th Dec 2007, 20:01
Really sorry to kind of hijack the post but what is the Emirates college like? I think Sheffield in US looks good but what about this one?

Good luck with the course though. :ok:

pratham
19th Dec 2007, 14:50
hii bro
Emirates aviation college is running a joint venture with jeppesen to organise flight ops management course ( flight dispatch ) to give u a GCAA license which is interchangeable for FAA license ...
any more info pls contact
www.emiratesaviationcollege.com (http://www.emiratesaviationcollege.com)

it is one of the best known colleges in middleeast and carries a lot of weightage if you wish to work in the middleeast... the course commences every two months the immediate one being jan2008

cheers

merlinxx
19th Dec 2007, 21:16
Now you doing the mentoring, keep it up Old Chap.

pratham
20th Dec 2007, 07:58
i couldnt resist myself as the owner of tht previous post ran away ... may be he realised i was right ... neways its my moral duty to let some one know abt a subject wen he inquires... well mentoring isnt bad but i dont cconsider myself upto tht level ... as i m a small fish in this big pond...

cheers to all ...
( by the way i dont see many who are ought to join for the jan batch in heree ... )

alley
20th Dec 2007, 15:36
hello boys.. just a word of advice - if u are deciding between emirates and sheffield, please pick sheffield. i know people who have done their liscensing at emirates at it isnt so great!.. sheffield is really good cause they are throrough with the theory and they've been at it for years.
Furthermore the cost is cheaper than emirates, liscence valid internationally and you get xtras such as ETOPS and EWINDS.
im a sheffield graduate as well as done other ground ops trainings from emirates.

oh and by the way - pratham... i dont think u can convert the gcaa liscence to faa. is ur info of this from a reliable source??

happy holidays boys!!

EMA747
20th Dec 2007, 16:23
ally - Are you talking from a US prespective about Sheff v Emirates? I guess if you want to work in the US then Sheff is the way to go. Personally I don't really want to work in the US so is Sheff still better with that in mind?

Why do you say Sheff is better? What makes you say that? (I'm not trying to argue BTW, I just want all the facts. :))

code one
20th Dec 2007, 18:14
Well Well Well.....its about time i should say something here ;-)

I will second Alley on GCAA Dispatch License conversion to FAA License....its certainly not allowed!

As far as comparison between Sheffield & EAC is concerned, sheffield is way far ahead from EAC. I would recommend anyone opting for dispatch course to go to Sheffield only :ok:

Best of Luck to everyone going for dispatch course ...

Cheerss

pratham
21st Dec 2007, 04:49
few questons popping up ... i believe the thread was meant tu have a different question and its turning out to be something else ... never the less as far as the conversation is health and it is benefitting sumone i dont see anything wrong in it

According to reliable sources who are in the industry in middle east i have this information that we can interchange the GCAA license for the FAA one .. as we are giving all the FAA tests in dubai ...

How far this is true is a questions, at this point i agree that we cannot opt for a FAA license outside US ... VERY TRUE but we can get our license interchanged with a FAA one in case we wish to ... this are the words i have from some one who has been in the industry and has passed out of emirates aviation college..

Sheffield is some one who says can assist you with employment as they have good contacts ... very true as far as the testimonials on their site n even othr students out here in pprune are saying so ....

For me middle east was some thing i m looking out to work for at the same time get a benefit Of a FAA License in case i wish to move abroad ...

I dont know how much did my sentences suffice you guys but thats the knowledge i have gathered from sources surely reliable ...

i hope that helps ...
(Guys just a question outside picture wat are the benefits like salary n other facilities one gets on an average as a fresher in the area of flight dispatch in middle east ..)

Thank youu

baob2oba
28th Dec 2007, 09:47
Well, from my internals at Jepp, a GCAA-UAE Adx license CANNOT be converted into a FAA Adx one.
It's simple and clear...
Your only option to get a FAA license after graduating from EAC will be to fly to the US to repass the test.
Hope it helps...

pratham
30th Dec 2007, 15:07
:ugh:
thanks bro finally sumone answered that question with experience

tailstrike1
11th Jan 2008, 20:29
Well,buddy are we talking about ops/dispatch school here ,or is it about MBA Master of business and administration in aviation ?
It's a big difference -MBA is also be offered by MIT or some other universities ,you know.
Pls advise
BRGDS

pratham
13th Jan 2008, 15:56
my god i dont understand where did MBA come into picture...!

Lefthandseat
28th Jan 2008, 09:24
I..I do not disagree with you but don;t u think it all boils down to instructor as well? FAA is the one controlling the syllabus so whether it's Sheffield or ABC college, all the syllabus has to conform. One reason I can think of Sheffield being better is that it's not so HOT n SANDY!! ha ha..

CHeers

How's the canteen food at Sheffield? EAC one sucks!

Lefthandseat
28th Jan 2008, 09:29
That is correct! GCAA-UAE is based on ICAO requirements.(100%based)

FAA ADX exams can only be taken on US soil n one needs to pass a advance FAA-approved syllabus before enrolling for FAA exams.which comprises of a 3 to 5 hr O&P ( Oral & Practical ) exams.

pratham
29th Jan 2008, 14:41
food sucks true !!!! i agree with you i am not able to make out from your name , are u one of my class mates ... by the wayy finally someones from EAC in this forum after me ... he he

Lauderdale
29th Jan 2008, 18:08
The canteen at Sheffield is non existent......however you do have a superb mall right next door and you are always only 5mins away from your accomodation......the latter two beat any canteen anywhere! :ok:

Apart from my personal opinion, which is that Sheffield is head and shoulders above others (including other US FAA licence mills) for many and various reasons; another reason to choose Sheffield is that every Ops manager in the world knows the school. And having a Sheffield ticket on your CV will at least (most times!) get you an interview.

After that, its all down to your own good self, character and knowledge.

And yes I do recommend their follow up courses, where the EWINS section takes it to a whole new level! How many ops guys anywhere are able to read SKEW-T charts!

Having said that - I wouldnt knock any school anywhere in the school who's aim it is to raise standards and educate students with a passion.

I also applaud at least everyone in this particular forum as you are all willing to study and therefore invest time, money and effort for your aviation careers!

:D

Lauderdale
29th Jan 2008, 18:17
Lefthandseat - yes the FAA do write the syllabus, however here is the thing..........you also need to pass the Sheffield course, which is about 10-12 exams on top of the ADX and oral FAA part.

Most students are able to complete the ADX part in week 2; 95% of the hard work is passing the Sheffield exams (as well as coping with the daily oral test sessions! :8).

The Sheffield syllabus is way more than the FAA requires and thats why Ops managers like people who went there.

:ok:

baob2oba
29th Jan 2008, 21:33
And that's just the truth.......

Lefthandseat
30th Jan 2008, 12:11
are u guys now at ur 3rd or 4th week? what is the subject now? Performance?

Lefthandseat
24th Feb 2008, 06:22
I heard u made it. Well done!

EMA747
24th Feb 2008, 13:36
How did those of you that finished the course find the college and course?

nivethitha
26th Feb 2008, 01:23
Sheffield is da best so far as far as the knowledge we can gain.
But job wise.... it depends. Same as people had said above ,,,you wanna work in US go for sheffield or just restrict urself to emirates.
Im a student of sheffield myself.
and this is my honest opinion.

pratham
10th Mar 2008, 12:54
knowledge is not only something u learn from others i believe. according to me it is the efforts and interest u put in a subject...
Just an opinion....
For me the experience at emirates was good... Our instructors were really knowledgeable and i had fun spending 7 weeks in ther....
I do not know wat sheffield is like, i have a heard a lot about it, but i guess it is one of the very old schools and has a lot of experienced staff and even job placement facilites which makes it a bit special never the less US soil based college...

But again Knowledge cannot be taught it needs to be gained .. so for those who have joined the forthcoming batches in emirates just dont worry we are equally good in the desert...

Let me get outta here before people strt abusing me n my college he he LOL

Best of luck to my brothers and sisters at sheffield ( i hope that cools down a few of them )

ferhankaka
10th Mar 2008, 17:17
So Jappesen Vs Shefield ? What Abt IFOD?

pratham
11th Mar 2008, 03:59
Are u sure you want to bring in IFOD too .. Most welcome but let me tell you people arent too kind out here :ok:

ferhankaka
11th Mar 2008, 15:59
well my intent is not hostility, i just want to know people's opinions on those school since i am planning to join one

pratham
12th Mar 2008, 11:59
Well to tell you honestly as far as my research goes sheffield and Jeppesen are both equally good if u consider their benefits..
If u have are legally staying in US n u do your course through sheffield its easy to get a job with FAA license ... but if you wanna work in the middle east then i believe GCAA license is very useful and handy.... GCAA license holders can go to states and give a reexam as u might have read to get a FAA license... u dnt have to repeat the six weeks again
At last how u get it is completely dependent on ....
i m not much of an aviation expert ... just a small fish .. but have done the dispatch course through jeppesen recently .... and found it very interesting n challenging
I hope this info is of some use to you

avan
16th Mar 2008, 19:26
hi i have been following entire tread and diff comments..well my doubt was not clearede..i found u wud be the best person to answer my querries...first thing is were a student of Emirates Aviation College??
yeah!
i am in sharjah for the past 3 weeks... next dispatcher course starts in may....so wud u plz tell me
how about doing a course here in EAC.....forget the food plzzz
i am an Aeronautical Engineer with no airline experience or even had any training...i am planning to do this dispatcher course and plz tell how wud i approach to get jobs as a dispatcher with out experience.. and can i do this course on a visit visa???plz hep me out

avan
16th Mar 2008, 19:30
can any one plz tell me how about getting a job as a dispatcher ?? as i am not having any experience in this field.. but i am an Aeronautical engineering graduate..planning to dispatcher course in May batch

pratham
17th Mar 2008, 03:18
replied tu yur mail bro check your mails ...