PDA

View Full Version : Im from canada, can I study in the US than work there ?

cosmos33
17th Dec 2007, 04:01
Im from montreal, canada, id like to train in the states mainly because its all year round flight training.

My question is , if I get trained there like at ATP for example, can I work there after as a instructor for example ????

Big Ru Ru
18th Dec 2007, 14:31
You most definitely can... you would have to apply for a J1 student visa, which allows you to work as an instructor right after you graduate. This would also be a great advantage for you, since you'd be able to log a significant number of hours (something like 750-800hours), compared to what you'd be able to log in Canada due to the nasty winter weather. I imagine you can do this within the first 12 months after obtaining your instructors rating.:ok:

Good Luck…:)

Cheers!!

dartagnan
19th Dec 2007, 08:20
no you can't and yes you can. very hard to work in the USA for a non US citizen.
USA protect their citizen more than we do in canada, or in europe, resulting in a mass of illegal immigration across the USA.
(we can not stop people to feed themselves and their family, working is a human right even if it is against the law, but this, USA still didn't figure it yet.)

you can still work under a J1 visa, but you have to pay the visa and it is only good for 2 years.

ab33t
30th Dec 2007, 20:03
I wonder if anyone knows of schools that offer the J1 visa, I have been looking around and cannot find schools that do . As far as I can establish a school needs to be approved to be able to offer the J1 .