PDA

View Full Version : On air fried turkey recipe stuns innocent Aussies

RJM
17th Dec 2007, 03:28
It's been a year or two since I posted, and in all that time the following is the only worthwhile bit of news...
Last weekend, a local radio station here in Oz was discussing variations on traditional Christmas dinners. Naturally, con pilot's weird, never to be forgotten boiled in oil turkey sprang to mind. I rang the station and ran through the recipe, adding that I had tried it and found it delicious, although my turkey was a little too wet (but that that's another story). The result eventually was superb and well worth the cost of refilling the fire extinguishers.
The effect of describing the recipe on air was instantaneous. The phone in repsonses ranged from laughter to disbelief to awe.
I wonder how many will try it this year. I'll be on a boat off Tasmania, sadly, forced to eat freshly caught tuna for Christmas dinner, but I'll be thinking of the intrepid types firing up the ol' peanut oil.
I'll be off soon, so Christmas greetings and good cheer to all.

Dan D'air
17th Dec 2007, 03:31
RJM,

Would you mind describing the recipe?? Or posting a link to the original thread??

Cheers & Merry Christmas,

DD.

G-CPTN
17th Dec 2007, 03:41
http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=301556

More detail here:- http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=199883

Dan D'air
17th Dec 2007, 03:48
G-CPTN,

Many thanks, it was the week before I joined!!

Thought that Foss's "Sweet Jesus" comment was very funny, you can just picture him sat there imagining an Hiroshima-style burn in Con's back garden!!

RJM
17th Dec 2007, 04:45
Thank'ee, G-CPTN

con-pilot
18th Dec 2007, 00:32
Oh thanks RJM, now after a bunch of Ozzie's end up burning their homes down this Christmas trying to fry turkeys I'll end up with another country that has a price on my head. :p

(The other one is Colombia, but not for frying turkeys. :uhoh:)

Now, for you doubting Thomas folks, try it, you'll love fried turkey. :ok:

AirScrew
18th Dec 2007, 01:08
Cant be true.

I've never met an innocent Aussie...:rolleyes::rolleyes:

brickhistory
18th Dec 2007, 01:11
Oh great. There'll be so many houses in flames from rookie turkey fryers that the infrared detecting space satellites will pick them up, think it's a first strike, we'll respond, and there's another country who'll start b1tching about us......................

Well done, con-pilot, for starting a cultural trend! :ok:

Buster Hyman
18th Dec 2007, 01:46
Did you mention the bird was already dead? That could be why they were "stunned"...

con-pilot
18th Dec 2007, 02:22
Did you mention the bird was already dead?

Hum, don't know they were dead or not, but they sure are quiet and naked. They don't seem to have a head either. ;)

But then I have dated some women who were like that. :uhoh:

Buster Hyman
18th Dec 2007, 02:30
Didn't have a head or didn't...:ouch:...never mind.

BombayDuck
18th Dec 2007, 10:33
Yeah, what's the difference anyway?
(There are many reasons I want to visit the land of the free again, but very few higher than a taste of that turkey...)